Hardik

Hardik Parikh  |106 Answers  |Ask -

Tax, Mutual Fund Expert - Answered on Apr 07, 2023

Hardik Parikh is a chartered accountant with over 15 years of experience in taxation, accounting and finance.
He also holds an MBA degree from IIM-Indore.
Hardik, who began his career as an equity research analyst, founded his own advisory firm, Hardik Parikh Associates LLP, which provides a variety of financial services to clients.
Manoj Question by Manoj on Mar 29, 2023Hindi

Hello Sir , My Self Manoj ,I am 40 years old a salaried person , and investing in MFs Since 5.5 years I have below current ongoing investments Aditya Birla FlexiCap Fund -- 7000 p.m.(SIP) HDFC Midcap Opportunities fund ---4000 p.m.(SIP) HDFC Hybrid Equity Fund ----2000 p.m.(SIP) DSP mid cap fund ---2000 p.m.(SIP) DSP Select Focus Fund ---2000 p.m.(SIP) DSP Small Cap Fund 3000 p.m.(SIP) Kotak Equity Opportunities Fund ---2000 p.m.(SIP) SBI Blue Chip Fund -----64000 (lumpsome) SBI Small cap fund ----2000 p.m.(SIP) Nippon India small cap fund ----2000 p.m.(SIP) Invesco Small cap fund ---1000 p.m.(SIP) Tata Small cap fund ----1000 p.m.(SIP) Mahindra Unnati Emerginf Business yojana ----2000 p.m.(SIP) Tata Balanced Advantage Fund -----50000 Mirae Asset Mid cap Fund ---2000 p.m.(SIP) ICICI Flexicap fund -----70000 (lumpsome) DSP Equity and Bond Fund---- 32000 (lumpsome) DSP Dynamic Asset Allocation Fund ----23000 (lumpsome) Sundaram Emerging small cap series1---17000 (lumpsome) Sundaram Services Fund---500 p.m.(SIP) Tata Flexicap Fund ----17400 (lumpsome) Baroda BNP Paribas Flexicap Fund ----50000 (lumpsome) Icici Blue chip Fund ---400 p.m.(SIP) Edelweiss small cap fund ----2000 p.m.(SIP) Axis Flexicap Fund ----19000 (lumpsome) Sundaram Small cap fund ----98000 (lumpsome) ICICI mnc fund---- 6000 (lumpsome) Axis mid cap fund ---500 p.m.(SIP) Canara Robeco small cap fund -----1000 p.m.(SIP) BOI small cap fund ----1000 p.m.(SIP) Aditya birla multicap fund----50000 (lumpsome) Kotak Multicap fund -----25000 (lumpsome) HDFC world indexes fund of fund---10000 (lumpsome) SBI Multicap fund ---1000 p.m.(SIP) PGIM India mid cap oppportunities fund ---1000 p.m.(SIP) Axis small cap fund ----500 p.m.(SIP) Edelweiss focused equity fund ---21000 (lumpsome) UTI flexicap fund ---3000 p.m.(SIP) Quant Large cap fund ---25000 (lumpsome) IDFC mid cap fund ---25000 (lumpsome) White Oak mid cap fund ---20000 (lumpsome) Sundaram Flexicap fund ---700 (lumpsome) Canara Robeco mid cap fund ---2000 p.m.(SIP) Mahindra small cap fund---2000 p.m.(SIP) Total amount of SIP is roughly around 45k per month, Since December 2016 till the date now my investment corpus in Mutual Fund has been now 30.5 lakhs , also i have 30k invested in direct stocks in Indian equity Market. I have 3 LIC policies and 1 term insurance policy of 1 crore cover,I have Bank FDs in nationalised bank for about 27 lakhs , and 3 lakhs in PPF My Goals are 1) 2 crores for my children's marriage and education 2) 2 crores for buying home 3) 4 crores for retirement life (after 10 years) In total i want to generate 8 crores in next 10 years. Kindly suggest if i would be able to achieve the goals in next 10 years,and changes if required any Regards Manoj

Ans: Hello Manoj,

It's great to see that you've been disciplined with your investments and have built a sizable corpus already. To assess if your current investments will help you achieve your goals of 8 crores in the next 10 years, let's take a closer look at your financial situation and goals.

Current Investments:
Mutual Funds: ~30.5 lakhs
Direct stocks: 30k
LIC policies and term insurance: Not considered for investment purposes
Bank FDs: 27 lakhs
PPF: 3 lakhs
Total: ~60.5 lakhs
Monthly SIP investments: ~45k
Now let's analyze your goals:

Children's marriage and education: 2 crores
Buying a home: 2 crores
Retirement life (in 10 years): 4 crores
Total: 8 crores
Assuming an average annual return of 12% on your equity investments, here's a rough projection of your portfolio's growth:

Current investments (60.5 lakhs) in 10 years: ~1.87 crores
Monthly SIPs (45k) in 10 years: ~1.05 crores
Total: ~2.92 crores
Based on this calculation, you would not reach your goal of 8 crores in the next 10 years. However, you can consider making some changes to improve your chances:

Reassess your goals: Consider if your goals are realistic and if there's any flexibility in the amounts or timelines.
Increase your SIP investments: As your salary increases, try to increase your SIP investments to accelerate your portfolio's growth.
Rebalance your portfolio: Regularly review your portfolio to ensure it's aligned with your risk appetite and financial goals. This may involve reducing the number of funds or shifting the allocation between equity and debt.
Monitor fund performance: Keep an eye on the performance of your funds and consider replacing underperforming ones.
Remember that financial planning is an ongoing process, and it's essential to periodically review and adjust your strategy. It's also a good idea to consult with a professional financial advisor to get personalized advice for your specific situation. While it might be challenging to achieve 8 crores within 10 years, these suggestions may help you get closer to your goals.

Best regards,

Omkeshwar

Omkeshwar Singh  | Answer  |Ask -

Head, Rank MF - Answered on Sep 08, 2021

I am 48 yrs old l am investing 7k per month in MF from last 2 years. Rs 1000 each in DSP Multi Asset allocation fund. Canara robeco bluechip equity fund. Mirae asset large and midcap fund. Motilal oswal nifty next 50 index fund. Kotak Emerging equity fund. Quant smallcap fund. Parag parikh flexi cap fund. My horizon is 10 yrs.
Ans: That's a great start! Investing Rs. 7,000 monthly for the past 2 years shows discipline. Let's analyze your portfolio for your 10-year investment horizon.

Diversification is Key

Your portfolio has a good mix of fund types:

Multi-Asset: Provides diversification across asset classes for stability.
Large & Mid-Cap: Offers growth potential with established and growing companies.
Small-Cap: Carries more risk but has the potential for high returns.
Index Fund: Tracks a market index, offering market-related returns.
Actively Managed vs. Index Funds

While your Motilal Oswal Nifty Next 50 is an index fund, your other choices are likely actively managed. These funds have managers who try to outperform the market. This approach can be beneficial, but also carries inherent risks.

10-Year Timeframe Advantage

A 10-year horizon allows you to ride out market ups and downs. Equity funds, though volatile in the short term, have the potential for higher growth over the long term.

Points to Consider:

Overall Asset Allocation: Review the percentage allocation across each fund type to ensure it aligns with your risk tolerance.
Fund Performance: Track the performance of each fund and compare it to its benchmark.
Role of a CFP Professional

A Certified Financial Planner (CFP) professional can offer a more personalized assessment. They can help you:

Analyze Asset Allocation: Ensure your portfolio mix matches your risk tolerance and goals.
Review Fund Performance: Identify any underperforming funds and suggest adjustments.
Rebalance Regularly: Periodically rebalance your portfolio to maintain your desired asset allocation.
Remember:

Market performance can impact your returns. However, your diversified portfolio and long-term focus are positive steps.

Next Steps:

Consider consulting a CFP professional for a detailed portfolio review.
Monitor your fund performance and rebalance as needed.
Keep investing for the long term!

I am about 68 year's I have two sons who are married via arranged process. My younger son's wife is educated teacher. But she had a torturous up bring during high school days. Leading to least interest in married life after marriage. She deserted my son soon after marriage. This led to break down in marriage now heading for a divorce. Please advise.
Ans: It sounds like a deeply painful situation for everyone involved, especially considering the emotional trauma your daughter-in-law experienced during her formative years.

It's important to recognize that individuals who have gone through traumatic experiences in their youth can carry emotional wounds that affect their relationships later in life. These scars may manifest in ways that make it difficult for them to fully engage in marital life or maintain a healthy relationship.

In situations like these, it’s crucial to approach with empathy and understanding. Your daughter-in-law’s decision to desert your son and pursue divorce likely stems from her own internal struggles and emotional turmoil. It’s not a reflection of your son’s worth or efforts within the marriage.

Moving forward, it might be helpful for your son to focus on his own healing and well-being. Encouraging him to seek support from friends, family, or a professional counselor can provide him with a safe space to process his emotions and navigate this challenging transition.

As a family, offering unconditional support and empathy to both your son and daughter-in-law can create an environment where healing and understanding can begin. It’s important to respect each individual’s journey and decisions while also recognizing the need for compassion during this difficult time.

Hi, I am 40 yr old woman. I am staying with my husband who always doubt me without any reason. As he is dependent on me. He is jobless from last 5 yr. I am the only earning person I don't have any type of attitude. While balancing professional as well as personal life I use to listen his bitter words every day. Not only that he started beating me like anything Just coz of so-called reputation I tolerate him. But 7 months back I came across with a man in my life we both started liking each other, I shared everything with him. But he left his job due to some issues with manager and started working somewhere else. He started ignoring me. Please help me out to understand what is right and wrong in this?
Ans: Balancing the pressures of professional life with the strain of an abusive marriage is a heavy burden, and you deserve to feel safe, respected, and valued.

Your husband's behavior—doubting you without cause, subjecting you to daily verbal abuse, and physically harming you—is deeply troubling and completely unacceptable. It's important to acknowledge that no matter the circumstances, you do not deserve to be treated this way. The fear of societal judgment and concerns about reputation are common reasons people stay in harmful relationships, but your well-being and safety are far more important than maintaining appearances.

Meeting someone who offers emotional support when you’re in such a painful situation is understandable. It’s natural to seek comfort and a connection when you're feeling isolated and mistreated. However, the new man's recent behavior, where he started ignoring you after changing jobs, might feel like another layer of abandonment. This is especially tough because you opened up and shared your struggles with him, hoping for understanding and companionship.

In terms of what’s right and wrong, it's essential to focus on your needs and well-being. Staying in an abusive relationship is harmful to your physical and emotional health. You have the right to seek safety and happiness. The relationship with the new man might have provided temporary emotional relief, but it seems he's not able to be the supportive presence you hoped for, especially now when he’s pulling away.
Right now, focus on what you need to feel safe and supported. Consider reaching out to trusted friends, family, or professional services who can help you navigate this challenging time. You deserve a life free from fear and filled with respect and care. Prioritizing your own happiness and safety is the most important step forward.