Dev

Dev Ashish  |48 Answers  |Ask -

MF Expert, Financial Planner - Answered on Dec 28, 2023

Dev Ashish is a fee-only SEBI-registered investment advisor with over 15 years of active experience in the stock market. In 2011, he founded StableInvestor, a platform for personal finance and financial planning.
He provides professional fee-only investment advisory services to small and high networth individuals in order to help them achieve their financial goals.
Saikat Question by Saikat on Dec 23, 2023Hindi

Hi. I am 37 yrs old and need Rs. 5 lakhs in mext 4 years. I would like to acheive it through regular SIP. Kindly suggest me the amount and funds.

Ans: Your investment horizon of 4 years is a relatively short one. So ideally there is no need for equity exposure. But you can consider taking some exposure if you have sufficient risk appetite by investing via conservative hybrid funds. You should start a monthly SIP of Rs 8500-9000 for the next 4 years

Hi, I am 49 years old, I would like to accumulate INR 5 crores in next 8 years, what should be my SIP amount and which funds will you suggest.
Ans: Certainly, aiming to accumulate INR 5 crores in the next 8 years is an ambitious goal. To achieve this, you'll need to invest strategically and consistently. Considering your age and goal timeline, it's crucial to balance growth potential with risk management.

Firstly, let's calculate the required SIP amount. Assuming an annual return of 10%, you would need to invest approximately INR 3,20,000 per month to reach your target of INR 5 crores in 8 years. However, this calculation is based on ideal conditions and does not account for market fluctuations.

For fund selection, I recommend a diversified portfolio that includes a mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and multi-cap funds to spread risk while maximizing growth potential. Look for funds with a strong track record of performance, consistent fund management, and a focus on quality stocks.

Here are some fund categories to consider:

Large-cap funds for stability and steady growth.
Mid-cap funds for higher growth potential.
Multi-cap funds for flexibility and diversification across market segments.
However, it's essential to conduct thorough research or consult with a Certified Financial Planner to tailor your investment strategy to your risk tolerance, financial situation, and long-term goals. Remember, regular review and adjustments may be necessary to stay on track towards achieving your target.

Sir i want to start a sip for 5k please suggest an sip for a long term investment. Current sip amount is 1k in hdfc mid cap opp. My age is 20
Ans: It's great to see your interest in starting a SIP at such a young age! Since you're already investing in HDFC Mid Cap Opportunities Fund, let's explore some other SIP options for long-term investment:

Large Cap Funds: Consider investing in large-cap funds, which typically invest in well-established companies with a proven track record. These funds offer stability and steady growth potential over the long term. Look for funds with a consistent performance history and a focus on quality stocks.
Multi-Cap Funds: Multi-cap funds invest across companies of different sizes, offering diversification and flexibility. These funds have the freedom to shift between large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap stocks based on market conditions. Choose a fund with a seasoned fund manager and a disciplined investment approach.
Index Funds: Index funds replicate the performance of a specific market index, such as the Nifty 50 or Sensex. These funds have lower expense ratios and provide broad market exposure. Investing in index funds can be a cost-effective way to participate in the equity markets over the long term.
Balanced Advantage Funds: Balanced advantage funds dynamically allocate between equity and debt based on market valuations. These funds aim to provide stable returns with lower volatility. Consider investing in a balanced advantage fund for a balanced risk-return profile.
Global Funds: Global funds invest in international equities, providing exposure to global markets and diversification beyond domestic stocks. These funds offer the opportunity to benefit from global economic growth and innovation. Choose a global fund with a focus on quality companies and strong fundamentals.
Before selecting a SIP, assess your risk tolerance, investment goals, and time horizon. Consult with a Certified Financial Planner or investment advisor to choose a SIP that aligns with your financial objectives and risk profile. By starting early and investing consistently, you're laying the foundation for long-term wealth creation and financial security. Keep up the good work, and best of luck with your investment journey!

I want 20 lakh lumpsum in sip
Ans: As a Certified Financial Planner, I commend your ambition to accumulate a lump sum of 20 lakhs through Systematic Investment Plans (SIPs). Let’s outline a strategic approach to achieve this goal efficiently.

Setting Realistic Expectations
Generating a lump sum of 20 lakhs through SIPs requires consistent investment over a defined period, coupled with disciplined savings habits. It's essential to understand that wealth accumulation takes time and patience.

Calculating SIP Amount and Duration
To reach your target, we need to determine the monthly SIP amount and duration based on your risk appetite and investment horizon. Considering your age and the time frame of two years, we'll need to adopt an aggressive approach while maintaining a balanced risk profile.

Selecting Suitable Funds
Given the relatively short investment horizon, opting for equity mutual funds with a proven track record of delivering consistent returns is imperative. Actively managed funds, guided by experienced fund managers, can capitalize on market opportunities and navigate volatility effectively.

Regular Funds Managed by CFP Certified MFDs: A Wise Choice
Investing through Mutual Fund Distributors (MFDs) with Certified Financial Planner (CFP) credentials ensures personalized guidance and assistance throughout your investment journey. Regular funds offer the advantage of professional advice, portfolio monitoring, and timely adjustments, enhancing the potential for wealth creation.

Monitoring and Adjusting
Regularly monitoring your SIPs' performance and making necessary adjustments based on market conditions and your financial goals is essential. Stay informed about economic developments and fund performance to make informed decisions.

Embarking on a SIP journey with the goal of accumulating a lump sum of 20 lakhs demands discipline, patience, and a well-thought-out investment strategy. By selecting suitable funds, seeking professional guidance, and staying committed to your financial objectives, you can inch closer to realizing your wealth accumulation goal.