Mahesh

Mahesh Padmanabhan  |120 Answers  |Ask -

Tax Expert - Answered on Mar 27, 2023

Mahesh Padmanabhan has specialised in payroll, personal and corporate taxation for more than two and a half decades, enabling him to provide practical, realistic and correct advice to his clients.
He is a member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and has a degree in cost accounting from the Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
Mugalur Question by Mugalur on Mar 24, 2023Translate

1) Sir, I am a Super Senior citizen 81years aged I have heard that for 2023-24 year for 5 lakhs to 7 lakhs income I T is 20% in excess of net income of 5 lakhs under old tax regime. Is this position correct 2) whether under this scheme deductions such as Std dedcn, 50,000 Disability rebate ,75,000 health ins premium i 20,000 is available . Requet you kindly to clarify @ the earliest

Ans: Dear Mr. Mugalur
The slab rate under the old tax regime for super senior citizen has not been changed and remain at 20% for income in the range of Rs. 5 Lakhs above to Rs. 10 Lakhs.

In case you are opting for the old tax regime all deductions that were available earlier are still available to you but that would not be the case if you opt for the new tax regime, where the deductions stated by you will not be available

Dear sir, I am currently 45 and just off from my dependents i.e., my 3 sisters out of which 2 were expecting my help to settle on their life - both my sisters off from their burden to an extent as their son started working and daughters were married to a decent families. I helped them by helping on their studies, marriage of my niece and assisted my nephew to buy a property (provided the advance or initial payment of 4 lacs). I haven't saved anything for my kids yet except a house , some jewellery about 50 sovereign and 1/2 ground land. My sisters and mother doesn't feel complete but I have informed it is not happening because I need to looks at my 2 kids 11 and 6. Besides, my wife is super supportive and never disputes or raised concerns. The ask is I have been working since childhood like 16 so feeling tired at times so I am planning to start my own businesses but still I am feeling jittery as I didn't save much for their studies etc. I am working in ites services so I feel like that I have 5 years max ahead. No politics in the office but I am stuck with no major opportunities. Please guide me on how to put a perspective and lead a clear way ahead as I am totally confused to be honest. Thanks in advance and please write back as this is my second time asking for suggestions.
Ans: It would really be good to answer you but I am confused as what to tell you because you have not mentioned any of your financial goals as such, I may not be of any help to you for your social obligations