Nidhi

Nidhi Gupta  |161 Answers  |Ask -

Physiotherapist - Answered on Feb 02, 2024

Nidhi Bajaj Gupta has 20 years of experience as a physiotherapist.
She founded the Merahki Holistic Wellness Company in 2011 and is the co-founder of Miraaya Holistic Growth Centre.
She has a bachelor's degree in physiotherapy from Sancheti Institute for Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Pune, and certifications in myofascial release, dry needling and craniosacral therapy from New York, San Francisco and Singapore.

Got L5S1 slip disc.Age 43 male. Doing exercises as suggested by ortho doctor. Will it be recovered fully. Can I take homeopathic treatment and Aurvedic also. Does they help. What else to do. Todays docotor dont talk much and gives medicone only. U tube becomes the only option.

Ans: Hello Anonymous,
Yes definitely homeopathy and Ayurveda can help a lot.
Also please go to a Mckenzie certified physiotherapist. Mckenzie treatment is a series of simple exercises designed especially for slipped disc. It can make a huge difference in your symptoms and preventing a relapse.

Nidhi

Nidhi Gupta  |161 Answers  |Ask -

Physiotherapist - Answered on Feb 20, 2024

Hello Coach, Arun from delhi, 43 years old (weight 81 Kg, Height 5 ft 8 inch), sedentary job style. I was very health conscious about diet, fitness. But during workout for abdominal strength, there was some pain in my back & doctor suggest for MRI and found there was slip disc / disc herniation issue of L4-L5. During last 2.6 years, does several physiotherapy with renowned physio center, yoga & focusing on my diet plan. After 1.6 years also comparing MRI report, shows almost same situation. Need your guidance in this matter, how to recover from pain. Because my current situation is, while standing 5-6 minutes, or walking 5-10 minutes, pain increase from buttock to left side feet. Then I have to take rest for 3-4 minutes, to start again. So, please guide me or suggest me as per your experience. Thanks Arun kumar
Ans: Hello Arun,
Please do let me know more details about the physiotherapy done. Did they give you a Mckenzie program for slipped disc as that is one of the best treatment for disc issues. It includes systematic exercises like wall side glides, road kill position, back extensions. If you are having pain on left side of leg/feet it seems to be a posterolateral disc protrusion for which the wall side glides are very important.
Have you been working on your core? Are your Vitamin D3 and B12 levels ok? How much is your weight now?
If not already please goto a Mckenzie certified physiotherapist and it can make a lot of difference.
If not ok after that also then you may need to go to an orthopedic doctor and consider a minor surgery for the disc.

I am looking for best Mutual Funds monthly SIP around 1000 to 2000 per month for my 2 children age 10 and 12 years, for at least 10 years. i request to you give me best mutual funds next 10 years. its very well growth every year. mutual funds not one i ready to investment in 2 or 3 mutual funds.
Ans: Investing in your children's future is a great step. Let's explore the best mutual funds for a SIP of Rs 1,000 to Rs 2,000 per month for at least 10 years.

Choose Diversified Equity Funds

Diversified equity funds can provide good growth. They invest across various sectors, reducing risk.

Opt for Flexi-cap Funds

Flexi-cap funds can invest in large, mid, and small-cap stocks. This flexibility can offer better returns over time.

Actively managed funds have expert fund managers. They can adapt strategies to market conditions, aiming for higher returns.

Balanced Advantage Funds

Balanced advantage funds invest in both equity and debt. They balance risk and reward, suitable for long-term goals.

Starting a SIP helps in averaging the purchase cost. It reduces the impact of market volatility.

Consider Child-specific Funds

Some funds are tailored for children's future needs. They often have a mix of equity and debt for balanced growth.

Consult a Certified Financial Planner. They can provide a tailored plan based on your financial goals.

Review and Adjust

Regularly review your investments. Adjust if needed to stay aligned with your goals.

I am 61 years and retired from central government. Getting 48000 and 30000 as pension and rent. All my retirement benefits are exhausted on building of house and education loan. I need 5000000 fifty lakhs in seven years. What i should do. This amoint to be given to my son and what way i accummulate.
Ans: I appreciate your commitment to helping your son. Let's explore ways to accumulate Rs 50 lakhs in seven years.

Evaluate Current Income and Expenses

Track your monthly income of Rs 78,000. Prioritise your essential expenses and find areas to save.

Create an Investment Plan

Consider investing in mutual funds. Actively managed funds often outperform index funds, especially in volatile markets.

Actively managed funds are handled by expert fund managers. They can adapt strategies based on market conditions.

Start a SIP to invest regularly. This helps in averaging costs and reduces market risk.

Consider Balanced Funds

Balanced funds invest in both equity and debt. This provides growth and stability.

Set aside a small amount each month for emergencies. This ensures financial security without touching investments.

Avoid Real Estate and Annuities

Real estate can be illiquid and risky. Annuities often have high fees and low returns.

Seek Professional Advice

Consult a Certified Financial Planner. They can tailor a plan to help you achieve your goal.

Stay Committed and Review Regularly

Monitor your investments and make adjustments if needed. Stay focused on your goal.