Chocko

Chocko Valliappa  |293 Answers  |Ask -

Tech Entrepreneur, Educationist - Answered on May 17, 2024

Chocko Valliappa is the founder and CEO of Vee Technologies, a global IT services company; HireMee, a talent assessment and talent management start-up; and vice chairman of The Sona Group of education institutions.
A fourth-generation entrepreneur, Valliappa is a member of Confederation of Indian Industry, Nasscom, Entrepreneurs Organization and Young Presidents’ Organization.
He was honoured by the YPO with their Global Social Impact award in 2018.
Ashutosh Question by Ashutosh on May 16, 2024Hindi

I am running my own coaching institute. I am civil engineering diploma holder 1990 batch. I want to grade up my professional qualification by getting Degree in Physics or Mathematics or B. Tech etc. My aim is to get degree is only to grade up my qualification not for getting Job. As I have enough strength in my coaching institute and I am very much stratified with it. Please can you guide/ assist me the better option to achieve my goal? I can not go for offline mode only online study for degree course will suits me.

Ans: From what I hear from you is a nice idea. Suggest explore doing courses that will help you run your coaching business. Perhaps on Coursera and other online education portals.

Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on May 15, 2023

Hello sir, I have completed diploma in ECE and currently working in railway now I want to complete next higher education i.e. B. tech. Please help me for online courses to upgrade my qualifications.
Ans: Hi Rajiv,

Congratulations on completing your diploma in ECE and pursuing higher education! Online courses are a great way to upgrade your qualifications while working. Here are a few recommendations for online B.Tech courses:

NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning): NPTEL offers a wide range of online courses in various engineering disciplines, including ECE. They are conducted by prestigious Indian institutes and are often free of cost.

Coursera: Coursera is a popular platform that provides online courses from top universities and institutions around the world. You can find B.Tech courses in ECE offered by universities like Stanford, Georgia Tech, and University of Colorado Boulder.

edX: Similar to Coursera, edX offers online courses from leading universities. You can explore their catalog for B.Tech courses in ECE and related fields. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and University of California, Berkeley are some of the institutes that offer courses on this platform.

Udemy: Udemy is a platform with a wide range of online courses, including B.Tech courses in ECE. The courses are created by individual instructors, so it's important to check reviews and ratings before enrolling.

Online Programs by Universities: Many universities offer online B.Tech programs designed for working professionals. Look for reputable universities that offer distance or online learning options in your desired specialization.

Remember to review the course content, instructor credentials, and student reviews before enrolling in any online course. It's also beneficial to consider programs that provide hands-on projects or industry collaborations for practical experience. Good luck with your B.Tech journey!

Regards,
Abhishek Shah

Mayank Kumar  |192 Answers  |Ask -

Education Expert - Answered on Aug 31, 2023

How I can complete my B. TECH IN ELECTRONIC AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING ONLINE. I HAVE COMPLETED DIPLOMA COURSE IN THIS STREAM AND NOW IN GOVT. JOB. PLEASE TELL ME SOME AICTE APPROVED INSTITUTE TO IMPROVE MY EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION WHICH IS HELPFUL FOR MY JOB.
Ans: ​Hi Rajiv, Completing your ​B.Tech in Electronic and Communication Engineering online while maintaining your government job is a ​g​ood idea. There are several AICTE-approved institutes ​available but might have to thorough research before you make an informed career move:

​a) Look for institutes that have a good reputation and offer flexible schedules suitable for working professionals. Some well-known institutions in India that offer online engineering programs include:

Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
​Amity University Online
​Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education

​b) Once you've identified institutes, carefully review the course curriculum and syllabus for the B.Tech program they offer. Ensure that the subjects align with your career goals and cover relevant topics in electronic and communication engineering​, and also check the admission requirements for the program​. Since you have completed a diploma course, you might be eligible for lateral entry into the B.Tech program, which could save you some time.

​c) Since you're working, it's important to choose a program that offers flexibility in terms of scheduling and study pace. Look for programs that provide online lectures, recorded materials, and support through digital platforms.​ Also, it is very critical to ensure that the institute and the program you choose are accredited by relevant authorities. AICTE approval is important, but also consider other accreditations​ and alternate skills that might add value to your degree.​ There are several online education companies that might help you achieve that; would advise you to assess your skill competencies and take a call.

​d​) Understand the cost of the program, including tuition fees, examination fees, and any other expenses​ + Compare different institutes to find the one that offers a good balance of quality education and affordability.​ Balancing work, studies, and personal life can be challenging​, hence ensure you plan your schedule effectively to allocate time for studying, assignments, and exams.

​e) Online programs might offer opportunities to interact with fellow students through discussion forums or online platforms. Networking can enhance your learning experience and provide you with a broader perspective.​ Remember that pursuing an online B.Tech program requires dedication and discipline​, and it's a significant commitment,​ so ensure your career goals are aligned with the same.

I am a 12th pass student , and i am preparing for jee mains and advanced since from class 11th from physics wallah batches ....i am taking drop this year...and i joined akash institute...and also studying from pw batch,...bcoz i am not satisfied by offline coaching institute....plz give me guidelines... that from where i have to study..thank you!
Ans: Anjana, you have NOT mentioned your JEE Percentile / Rank, scored by you this year. Anyway, please go through my IMPORTANT guidelines from the beginning till the end (lengthy & APPLICABLE to all droppers). (1) First of all you should analyze what went wrong in your last JEE? Score in each Subject? Lowest in which Subjects? Why? (2) As you have already joined Aakash, it is advisable to join ALLEN's Test Series also. Keep attempting the questions (3) Check your Score in Maths / Analyze your strong and weak topics. Focus more on weak topics (applicable to Physics & Chemistry also. (4) For Physics, you should definitely be through with HC VERMA (Both Volumes) & practice questions from Aakash / Allen's Test Series.
(5) Whenever you study at home, study for 45-minutes. Then take a break of 10-minutes when you can move away from your study table, walk, have some water & relax. If you continue studying beyond 45-minutes, your concentration power will go down, resulting to low output. Most students commit this mistake. (6) On daily basis (morning or evening whichever will be convenient to you), do yoga or meditation or physical exercises or play any games / sports for at least 30-45 minutes. This will further reduce your stress / distractions. (3) Study tough topics / tough subjects (applicable to you) early morning with your fresh mind. (7) Eat a lot of green vegetables / fruits which you can afford for & avoid soft drinks (5) Every day nigh, before going to bed, revise whatever you have studied during the day. (8) Also, revise every week whatever you have covered till date (here your short-notes which you should prepare will be helpful). (9) Keep practising questions on topics which you have covered either offline or online (9) Give utmost importance to wrongly answered / difficult / complicated / tough questions and have a separate note-book specially for this for each subject (PCM) (10) You might be aware that JEE rank is allotted on the basis of highest score in Maths, followed by Physics & Chemistry. Practice more and more in Maths, till you reach Speed & Accuracy (9) By the end of 11th / 12th standard (December-January), attempt fully syllabus online test series, evaluate and analyze your performance such as, (a) which topic / unit / concept you are weak which needs your revision and improvement as this will disturb you when you appear in actual JEE exam (b) abnormal time taken to attempt any question which you can come to know from Online Test Series which you should reduce (c) which questions you skipped and why? (10) Make 100% utilization of 'Doubt Clearing Sessions' of Aakash. All the BEST Anjana.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, please ask / FOLLOW me in RediffGURU here.

Sir my daughter is in grade 9.Can you please suggest some preparation strategy for iit-jee .Which is the best online coaching for iit-jee foundation for grade 9.
Ans: Prefer ALLEN Online Coaching Classes. AhaGuru is another Better Option, if fees of Allen is More. However, If you join AhaGURU, join just Allen's Online Test Series also to practice questions online. Go to both Website, check & choose more suitable one for you.

NOW Coming to Preparation Strategies:

(1) Whenever you study at home, study for 45-minutes. Then take a break of 10-minutes when you can move away from your study table, walk, have some water & relax. If you continue studying beyond 45-minutes, your concentration power will go down, resulting to low output. Most students commit this mistake. (2) On daily basis (morning or evening whichever will be convenient to you), do yoga or meditation or physical exercises or play any games / sports for at least 30-45 minutes. This will further reduce your stress / distractions. (3) Study tough topics / tough subjects (applicable to you) early morning with your fresh mind. (4) Eat a lot of green vegetables / fruits which you can afford for & Avoid soft drinks (5) Every day night, before going to bed, revise whatever you have studied during the day. (6) Also, revise every week whatever you have covered till date (here your short-notes which you should prepare will be helpful). (7) Keep practising questions on topics which you have covered either offline or online (8) Give utmost importance to wrongly answered / difficult / complicated / tough questions and have a separate note-book specially for this for each subject (PCM) (8) You might be aware that JEE rank is allotted on the basis of highest score in Maths, followed by Physics & Chemistry. Practice more and more in Maths, till you reach Speed & Accuracy (9) By the end of 9th/10th/11th/12th standard (December-January), attempt fully syllabus online test series, evaluate and analyse your performance such as, (a) which topic / unit / concept you are weak which needs your revision and improvement as this will disturb you when you appear in actual JEE exam (b) abnormal time taken to attempt any question which you can come to know from Online Test Series which you should reduce (c) which questions you skipped and why? (10) Please AVOID studying under pressure that you should get admission only into IITs/ NITs. Never advisable. Any one can be successful, even if he / she studies in NON-IIT / NON-NIT Colleges also. (11) Have Plan B & Plan C for other Colleges Entrance Exams / Disciplines-Streams. (11) Avoid comparing yourself with other students. (12) Also, it is highly ideal to appear in / attempt minimum 5-Entrance Exams (for both Govt & Private Engineering Colleges). You will have a lot of options (easiest method) to choose the best and most suitable one, keeping in view a lot of factors such as, College | Location | Your Interest | Stream Preference | Placement Records | College Culture | Your Short & Long Term Goals | Pressure You Can Go Through | Your AIR & Job Market Condition when you apply for your BTech & Even after. I hope I have answered to your question with value additions.

All the BEST for your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, please Ask / Follow me in RediffGURU here.

Is it wise to pay off the entire bank loan on a house built on my husband's ancestorial property using entire PF money to avoid paying high EMIs? The house can never be sold as it is on a prestigious ancestorial land. I am retired and do not have any regular income. Please advice.
Ans: I understand your situation and will provide detailed advice. Let’s dive into the details to help you make an informed decision.

Understanding Your Financial Position

Your question brings up some important financial concerns. You have retired, don’t have a regular income, and are considering using your Provident Fund (PF) money to pay off a bank loan on a house. This house is on your husband's ancestral property, which holds significant sentimental value and cannot be sold. These are critical points to consider before making a decision.

The Importance of Emergency Funds

One of the primary rules in personal finance is to maintain an emergency fund. This fund should ideally cover at least six months of your living expenses. Since you are retired and do not have a regular income, it’s crucial to have a financial cushion to cover unexpected expenses such as medical emergencies or home repairs. Before using your entire PF to pay off the loan, ensure that you have set aside enough money for such contingencies.

Evaluating Your PF Money Utilisation

Using your entire PF to pay off the loan might give you relief from the high EMIs, but it will also deplete a significant portion of your savings. Given your retired status, you need to carefully consider the consequences of using this money. Once your PF is exhausted, it won’t be easy to rebuild this fund without a regular income.

The High EMI Concern

High EMIs can indeed be a burden, especially when you do not have a steady income stream. However, there are several other strategies you could consider before deciding to use your PF money. It might be worth looking into the possibility of restructuring your loan. Speak to your bank to see if you can extend the tenure of the loan, which would reduce the EMI amount, making it more manageable on a monthly basis.

Exploring Loan Restructuring Options

Banks often offer various loan restructuring options, especially for retired individuals. These options might include extending the loan term, which can significantly reduce your monthly EMIs. While this might mean paying more interest over the life of the loan, it can help ease your monthly financial burden and allow you to retain more of your PF for future needs.

Consider Partial Payments

If paying off the entire loan seems too risky, you might consider making a partial payment. This could reduce the principal amount of the loan, thus lowering your EMIs. You’ll still retain some of your PF money for future needs, and you won’t be entirely depleting your savings.

Benefits of Retaining PF Money

Your PF money is a significant safety net. It’s not just about having cash available; it’s also about the potential returns on that money. If you invest your PF wisely, it can generate returns that might help cover your loan EMIs or other expenses. Consider consulting a Certified Financial Planner to explore investment options that can provide you with regular income or growth potential.

The Emotional Value of Ancestral Property

The house being on prestigious ancestral land adds a layer of complexity. Emotional and sentimental values are important and should be factored into financial decisions. Since selling the property is not an option, it’s crucial to balance emotional considerations with financial practicality. Paying off the loan entirely might feel like a relief, but ensure it doesn’t leave you financially vulnerable.

Disadvantages of Using Entire PF

Using your entire PF money to pay off the loan means you lose out on the compounding benefits of keeping that money invested. Once spent, it’s gone, and you might face financial difficulties if any unexpected expenses arise. It’s important to maintain a balance between reducing your debt and retaining financial liquidity for future needs.

Exploring Alternative Investment Options

Instead of depleting your PF, consider investing in mutual funds through a Certified Financial Planner. Regular funds, managed by experienced professionals, can offer better returns compared to direct funds. This strategy can provide a steady stream of income, which could help in managing your loan EMIs without exhausting your savings.

Actively managed funds have the potential to outperform the market because they are managed by experts who make strategic decisions based on market conditions. While these funds may have higher fees than index funds, the professional management can lead to better returns, especially in a volatile market. By investing in these funds, you can generate returns that might help offset your loan payments.

The Role of Certified Financial Planners

Certified Financial Planners can help you create a diversified investment portfolio tailored to your risk tolerance and financial goals. They provide personalized advice, ensuring that your investments align with your need for income and growth. Working with a professional can help you make informed decisions, rather than depleting your PF.

Ensuring Financial Security

Financial security in retirement is paramount. Your focus should be on maintaining a steady income stream and preserving your savings. Consider all possible options to manage your loan without compromising your financial future. Consult with a Certified Financial Planner to explore ways to generate income from your investments and manage your debt efficiently.

Exploring Family Support

In situations involving ancestral property, family dynamics can play a crucial role. Discuss your financial situation with your family. There might be other family members willing to contribute towards the loan payments, especially if the property holds significant sentimental value for the entire family. Collaborative efforts can ease the financial burden on you.

Evaluating Long-term Financial Health

Consider the long-term implications of using your PF money. Retirement can last many years, and it’s important to ensure that your funds last. Evaluate your monthly expenses, potential future costs, and how much income you need to sustain your lifestyle. A detailed financial plan can help you make the right decision about your PF money.

Medical and Health Considerations

Healthcare costs can be a significant concern in retirement. Ensure you have adequate health insurance and set aside funds for medical emergencies. Using your PF to pay off the loan might leave you financially exposed if unexpected health issues arise. Prioritize your health and financial security.

The Importance of Diversification

Diversifying your investments is key to managing risk and ensuring stable returns. Instead of putting all your money into paying off the loan, consider spreading your investments across different asset classes. This can help mitigate risks and provide you with multiple income streams, enhancing your financial stability.

Benefits of Regular Investment through CFP

Investing through a Certified Financial Planner can provide access to a range of financial products suited to your needs. Regular investments in mutual funds, managed by professionals, can offer better returns and financial security. These planners can help you create a balanced portfolio, aligning with your retirement goals.

Financial Education and Empowerment

Empower yourself with financial knowledge. Understanding the basics of investments, market dynamics, and personal finance can help you make better decisions. Regular consultations with a Certified Financial Planner can provide you with the education and tools needed to manage your finances effectively.

Deciding to use your entire PF money to pay off a loan is a significant decision that requires careful consideration. Balancing the emotional value of your ancestral property with your financial security is key. Explore alternative options like loan restructuring, partial payments, and investing through a Certified Financial Planner. Maintaining an emergency fund, ensuring health coverage, and diversifying your investments will help secure your financial future. Consult with a financial expert to create a comprehensive plan that aligns with your retirement goals and provides peace of mind.