IIT-JEE, NEET-UG, SAT, CLAT, CA, CS Exam Expert - Answered on Mar 31, 2023

Mayank Chandel has over 18 years of experience coaching and training students for various exams like IIT-JEE, NEET-UG, SAT, CLAT, CA and CS.
Besides coaching students for entrance exams, he also guides Class 10 and 12 students about career options in engineering, medicine and the vocational sciences.
His interest in coaching students led him to launch the firm, CareerStreets.
yashasvi Question by yashasvi on Mar 30, 2023Hindi

I really start to overthink the things imagine stupid scenarios which wastes my time and even creates problem on focusing for my studies . How should i dedicate fully to studies not other things

Ans: Hi Yashasvi,
Overthinking ruins the present and creates situations in the mind that are not there. And we get into endless loop.

Try to be in the present & don't think of anything other than studies. Try breathing exercises and focus on your breathing, it will help you to remain in the present. Try meditation. Hope this helps you.

If it does not help, seek medical advice. Mental well-being is equally important as physical well-being.

Hello mam, I cannot focus on my work....I keep overthinking about the future and even after being skilled i cannot execute my work.I get distracted and agitated easily these days.I have lost confidence in myself i keep thinking how i would tackle things in future,I dont know what to do.Can you please guide.
Ans: Improving self-confidence and avoiding overthinking are two related but distinct issues. Here are some tips for both:

To improve self-confidence:

Identify your strengths and achievements. Write them down and revisit them when you feel insecure.Practice self-care, such as getting enough sleep, exercising, and eating healthy.Set realistic goals and work towards achieving them.Focus on your progress rather than comparing yourself to others.Surround yourself with positive and supportive people.Learn from your mistakes and failures rather than dwelling on them.Challenge negative self-talk and replace it with positive affirmations.Try new things and step out of your comfort zone.

To avoid overthinking:

Recognize when you're overthinking and acknowledge that it's not productive.Set aside time to think about the issue, but limit it to a specific amount of time.Engage in activities that distract you, such as exercise or hobbies.Practice mindfulness and focus on the present moment.Write down your thoughts and feelings to gain perspective and clarity.Talk to a trusted friend or therapist about your concerns.Accept that not everything can be controlled and focus on what you can control.Remind yourself that worrying won't solve the problem and take action towards a solution.

Sir, i have completed my bachelors (BCA) in India in an engineering college and wishes to pursue my masters in a foreign country.My family is'nt well off so iam looking into schlorships.can you suggest some courses with good scope. Also which countries are best for IT field that provide great schlorship oppurtunities.
Ans: As far as Scholarships for Abroad Universities are concerned, you should have good scores from the entrance tests (whichever will be applicable according to the University's admission criteria), good past academic records, your extra and co-curricular activities, additional certifications, your Statement of Purpose (SOP), Letter of Recommendation etc. Those who have gained work experience of a minimum 2-3 years after graduation get preference in admission.

And most of the Universities do not provide 100% scholarships. You will have to bear some expenses (depends upon which University / College you get admission into & what all expenses only it will cover?) .

As you have mentioned that your parents NOT well-off financially, it is suggested to work for 2-3 years, earn some money and also gain work experience, then go for further education abroad.

Before approaching any Professional Abroad Education Consultant, do a thorough research about the Countries/Universities/Programs, shortlist those which you think will be most suitable, apply to 5-6 top Univerities offering Scholarships and finalize one best University/College for you.

All the BEST for Your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, ask / Follow Us here in RediffGURUS.