HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Nov 02, 2023

R P Yadav is the founder, chairman and managing director of Genius Consultants Limited, a 30-year-old human resources solutions company.
Over the years, he has been the recipient of numerous awards including the Lifetime Achievement Award from World HR Congress and HR Person Of The Year from Public Relations Council of India.
Shaikh Question by Shaikh on Oct 30, 2023Hindi

Hello Sir, I served as an assistant professor for 2 years and also worked as a free lancer trainer for 2 years. Now I am full time technical trainer for almost 3 years. Teaching being my passion I am enjoying my journey. I am earning well too but I am not satisfied (Not because of money) but I want use my skills and passion for the underprivileged students and motivate them to gain the quality education and I genuinely want to make a difference in our society by providing affordable education to the youths. I am cleared with the vision and I have the expertise in the I.T training domain. So I want start my own Institute and offer the high end courses at affordable cost. I am not sure how it will work, Not sure whether it’s a right decision in terms of financial planning too. But I genuinely want to help people by using my skills for students not for corporate people. Please guide

Ans: Dear Shaikh,
I understand that you have a passion for teaching under privileged children. This is a very good thing to do.
I would suggest to continue with your current profession and use your spare time for teaching the under privileged children. You must take care of your financial securities as there would be no one to help you at times of financial crisis.

I am a 27 years old Software Engineer. I had a fixed income of 1 Lakh per month, out of which my expenses were 25k to parents, 10k to spouse and 15k monthly personal expenses. After all expenses I would save 50k per month. I recently got a job offer of 42 LPA, so my income now is 3.5L per month. I don't intend to change my lifestyle, so my expenses would still be 50k per month, and I intend to save around 3L per month. I had invested in Equity Funds once a small amount of 10k, and it had given decent returns so I would like to know how I can best utilise my new income going forward from here, not just in equity funds but everywhere, where I can invest that will help me grow. I don't have any emi or loans.
Ans: You are a 27-year-old software engineer.

Your new job offers Rs 42 LPA, so your income is Rs 3.5L per month.

Your monthly expenses are Rs 50k, allowing you to save Rs 3L per month.

You have previously invested Rs 10k in equity funds with good returns.

Financial Goals and Planning
Priority: Build an emergency fund.

Liquidity: Keep 6-12 months' expenses in a savings account or liquid funds.

Purpose: Provides financial security during emergencies.

Diversified Investment Strategy
Growth Potential: Allocate Rs 1L to equity mutual funds.

Fund Types: Invest in large-cap, mid-cap, and diversified equity funds.

SIPs: Continue with systematic investment plans for rupee cost averaging.

Stability: Allocate Rs 50k to debt mutual funds.

Safety: Provides stability and reduces overall portfolio risk.

Returns: Offers better returns than traditional savings accounts.

Balanced Mutual Funds
Hybrid Approach: Invest Rs 50k in balanced or hybrid funds.

Balance Risk: These funds balance equity and debt, offering moderate risk and returns.

ELSS Funds
Tax Benefits: Invest Rs 50k in ELSS funds for tax savings under Section 80C.

Equity Exposure: Provides equity exposure with tax benefits.

PPF and NPS
Long-Term Security: Invest Rs 25k in Public Provident Fund (PPF).

Retirement Planning: Consider investing Rs 25k in the National Pension System (NPS) for retirement planning.

Gold and Digital Gold
Diversification: Invest Rs 20k in gold or digital gold.

Hedge Against Inflation: Gold acts as a hedge against inflation.

Adequate Cover: Ensure you have adequate health insurance coverage for yourself and dependents.

Additional Coverage: Consider a top-up plan if needed.

Term Insurance
Life Cover: Consider a term insurance plan for financial security for your family.

Adequate Sum: Ensure the cover is sufficient to support your dependents in case of unforeseen events.

Regular Review and Adjustments
Annual Financial Review
Performance Check: Review your portfolio annually.

Rebalance: Adjust your investments based on performance and changing goals.

Your new income allows for substantial savings and investment opportunities. Diversify your investments across equity, debt, and balanced mutual funds. Consider tax-saving instruments like ELSS and PPF. Ensure adequate insurance coverage for health and life. Regularly review and adjust your portfolio to stay aligned with your financial goals.

Samraat

Samraat Jadhav  |1870 Answers  |Ask -

Stock Market Expert - Answered on Jul 19, 2024