Patrick

Patrick Dsouza  |675 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, XAT, CMAT, CET Expert - Answered on Jun 21, 2024

Patrick Dsouza is the founder of Patrick100.
Along with his wife, Rochelle, he trains students for competitive management entrance exams such as the Common Admission Test, the Xavier Aptitude Test, Common Management Admission Test and the Common Entrance Test.
They also train students for group discussions and interviews.
Patrick has scored in the 100 percentile six times in CAT. He achieved the first rank in XAT twice, in CET thrice and once in the Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test.
Apart from coaching students for MBA exams, Patrick and Rochelle have trained aspirants from the IIMs, the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies and the S P Jain Institute of Management Studies and Research for campus placements.
Patrick has been a panellist on the group discussion and panel interview rounds for some of the top management colleges in Mumbai.

Dear sir, I have experienced in roto moulding from past 6year and your valuable feedback rellay open a new window for me...thanks a lot sir????????..I have also a degree in mechanical..so what course ,programs are good for my future growth as like ( MBA,MTECH )?I want to change my department (roto moulding) bcz of less availability..now I'm 28years old ..plz sir suggest me what should I do?

Ans: Can do Executive MBA from a reputed college. Write GMAT exam and then can apply to different colleges in India.

Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on May 08, 2023

Hi, I am Mandar Kulkarni working as a mechanical engineer (prod &QA-QC dept) since last 10 years in fabrication sector. I want to switch in design kindly suggest which course is better form me.
Ans: Hi Mandar,

As a mechanical engineer with a background in production and quality control in the fabrication sector, you have several options to pursue a career in design. Here are a few suggestions for courses that could be beneficial for you:

CAD/CAM Course: Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM) are essential tools for mechanical design. With a CAD/CAM course, you can learn how to use software such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or CATIA to create designs, simulate product behavior, and prepare manufacturing instructions.

Product Design Course: A product design course can help you develop your skills in conceptualizing, prototyping, and developing a product from start to finish. This course will teach you about materials, production processes, and the design principles that ensure a product's functionality, aesthetics, and usability.

Finite Element Analysis Course: Finite Element Analysis (FEA) is a simulation technique used to analyze a product's behavior under different loading and boundary conditions. A FEA course can help you learn how to create and analyze designs using software such as ANSYS or Abaqus.

Industrial Design Course: Industrial design is a broad field that encompasses the design of consumer products, appliances, furniture, and more. This course will teach you about the design process, aesthetics, ergonomics, and market research, among other things.

Ultimately, the choice of the course depends on your interests and career goals. Consider your strengths and what you enjoy doing, and then choose a course that aligns with those factors. Good luck!

Regards,
Abhishek Shah

Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |145 Answers  |Ask -

Leadership, HR Expert - Answered on Apr 26, 2024

Dear sir my age is 28 year now I complete my btech degree in mechanical engineering...just now I also worked in a private factory as a production engineer in roto moulding department..but this field not to much available in other areas ..so what should I do .?
Ans: Given your background in mechanical engineering and your experience as a production engineer in the roto molding department, you have a solid foundation that can lead to various career opportunities in plastics manufacturing, injection molding, packaging, or consumer goods production, design engineering, quality assurance, maintenance, or project management. If you have a passion for innovation and entrepreneurship, consider starting your own business in the manufacturing or engineering sectors. You could use your expertise to develop new products, improve existing processes, or provide consulting services to other businesses. Conduct market research to identify potential opportunities and create a business plan to outline your goals and strategies. Take advantage of online resources, workshops, and training programs to develop new skills and stay updated with the latest trends and technologies in mechanical engineering. This could include learning programming languages, gaining proficiency in software tools, or acquiring knowledge in emerging fields like additive manufacturing or sustainable engineering. Utilize your professional network, including colleagues, classmates, and industry contacts, to explore job opportunities and gather insights about different career paths. Attend industry events, job fairs, and networking seminars to expand your connections and learn about potential openings in your field.

Remember to assess your interests, strengths, and long-term career goals before making any decisions. Take the time to research and explore these different options as well. With your background in mechanical engineering and your experience in production engineering, you have valuable skills that can open doors to a wide range of exciting opportunities. Best of luck.