Aashish

Aashish Sood  |80 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, Management Expert - Answered on Nov 24, 2023

Aashish Sood is an IIM-Lucknow alumnus who has been teaching maths and quantitative aptitude to MBA aspirants for over a decade.
He also mentors management student hopefuls for the group discussion and personal interview rounds that follow competitive examinations.
He has appeared for CAT seven times since 2016 and scored in the 99.9 percentile.
Debabrata Question by Debabrata on Nov 24, 2023Translate

My son is a B Tech (2015 from APJA Univ. UPTECH) and MBA in Marketing (2021 from DTU). Since 2016 he has been engaged with TCS (3 years in IT & 2 year in Marketing after completion of MBA ). He is now looking for a better carrier growth in Marketing. Due to less career growth with present employer and after completion of his MBA, he looks forward for a better opportunity. In market he is not able to get better opportunity. He has been trying various organization but not able to get any result. Can you suggest how he can get a better option with regard to career and financially. I think this the right time to have a change for better career growth. Presently he is 30 years old.

Ans: Certainly, I can provide some advice for someone looking to enhance their career

1. I would your son to evaluate his skills, strengths, and weaknesses. Consider the long-term career goals and the industries or roles that align with them.

2. Attend industry events, conferences, and seminars to expand his professional network.

3. Update his Resume and LinkedIn Profile. Ensure that the resume reflects his

4. Consider online courses, certifications, or workshops to stay current in his field.

5. Attend workshops, webinars, or training programs to enhance professional development.

6. He can consider Recruitment Agencies or partner with recruitment agencies or headhunters that specialize in his industry.

Job searches can take time. Stay positive, be persistent, and don't get discouraged by rejections. Consider temporary or freelance opportunities to gain experience while continuing the job search.

Aashish

Aashish Sood  |80 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, Management Expert - Answered on Jun 16, 2023

My son is a graduate in BBA from Manipal University, now he is confused with his career.....and depressed about his career................... please advise as to how he should focus himself now for a good career
Ans: I'm sorry to hear that your son is feeling depressed about his career. It's not uncommon for graduates to feel uncertain about their career path, especially when they have multiple options to consider.

1. What activities does he enjoy? What subjects did he excel in during his BBA program? What kind of work environment does he prefer? This self-reflection can provide valuable insights into potential career paths that align with his personal preferences.

2. Professional networking platforms like LinkedIn can be useful for connecting with professionals in fields of interest and learning more about their experiences.

3. Your son can gain practical experience through internships or entry-level positions in industries or organizations that align with his interests. This can provide him with valuable exposure, help him gain new skills, and clarify whether a particular field is a good fit for him.

4. Network with professionals in his desired field through events, industry conferences, or online platforms. Building connections and staying updated with industry trends can provide valuable insights and potential opportunities.

Its is equally important to prioritize mental well-being. If the depression persist or worsen, seek professional help from a counselor or therapist who can provide the necessary support.

HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Jan 05, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Jan 04, 2024Translate
My son achieved Gold Medal in Msc Data Science and Computing. He has just joined a general insurance company. How can he make his job prospects better? Should he go for PhD in Data science?
Ans: Congratulations to your son on his achievement! It’s great to hear that he has joined a general insurance company. Here are some tips that might help him improve his job prospects in data science:

Gain work experience: Work experience is one of the most important factors that employers consider when hiring data scientists. Encourage your son to gain as much work experience as possible in the field of data science.

Develop new skills: Data science is a rapidly evolving field, and it’s important to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and techniques. Encourage your son to develop new skills and learn new tools that can help him become a better data scientist.

Network: Networking is an important part of any career, and it’s especially important in data science. Encourage your son to attend industry events and conferences to meet new people and make connections.

Consider a PhD: Pursuing a PhD in data science can be a good way to improve your son’s job prospects. A PhD can help him develop advanced skills and knowledge in the field, and it can also make him more attractive to potential employers.

Build a portfolio: Encourage your son to build a portfolio of his work. This can include projects he has worked on, papers he has written, and other examples of his work. A portfolio can help him showcase his skills and experience to potential employers.

Remember, data science is a competitive field, and it may take some time and effort to find the right job. Encourage your son to stay positive and keep working hard. I hope this helps!

What are balanced advantage funds and would you recommend how I should go about investing in such funds?
Ans: Balanced Advantage Funds are a type of mutual fund that dynamically manages the allocation between equity and debt instruments based on market conditions. These funds aim to provide investors with a balance between growth (through equity exposure) and stability (through debt exposure). The allocation between equity and debt is adjusted by fund managers based on various factors such as market valuations, interest rates, and economic indicators.

Here's a breakdown of the key features and considerations for investing in Balanced Advantage Funds:

1. Dynamic Asset Allocation: These funds have the flexibility to shift allocation between equity and debt depending on market conditions. When equity markets are expensive or overvalued, the fund manager may reduce equity exposure and increase allocation to debt instruments, and vice versa.

2. Risk Management: Balanced Advantage Funds tend to offer lower volatility compared to pure equity funds due to their ability to switch between asset classes based on market conditions. This can potentially reduce downside risk during market downturns.

3. Goal-based Investing: They can be suitable for investors with medium to long-term investment horizons who seek a balance between capital appreciation and capital preservation. These funds are often used for goals like retirement planning or wealth creation with a moderate risk profile.

4. Professional Management: Investors benefit from the expertise of professional fund managers who actively manage the asset allocation and investment decisions based on thorough research and analysis.

5. Tax Implications: From a taxation perspective, gains from equity investments held for more than one year are taxed at a lower rate (long-term capital gains tax), whereas gains from debt investments held for more than three years are taxed as per the investor's income tax slab. Balanced Advantage Funds may offer tax efficiency due to their equity exposure.

6. Expense Ratio: Investors should consider the expense ratio of the fund, which represents the annual fees charged by the fund house for managing the fund. Lower expense ratios can enhance returns over the long term.

As for whether you should invest in Balanced Advantage Funds, it depends on your investment objectives, risk tolerance, and financial goals.

If you're seeking a balanced approach with the potential for higher returns than pure debt funds but with lower volatility compared to pure equity funds, then these funds could be suitable for you. However, it's essential to consult with a financial advisor who can assess your individual circumstances and recommend the most appropriate investment strategy.

If you decide to invest in Balanced Advantage Funds, you can do so through various platforms such as mutual fund distributors, online investment platforms, or directly through the fund house's website. Here's a general guide on how to invest:

1. Research: Understand the different Balanced Advantage Funds available in the market, their investment objectives, performance track record, and expense ratios.

2. Select a Fund: Choose a fund that aligns with your investment goals, risk tolerance, and time horizon.

3. KYC Compliance: Complete the Know Your Customer (KYC) process as required by regulatory guidelines. This typically involves providing identity and address proof documents.

4. Investment Process: Decide on the mode of investment, whether lump sum or systematic investment plan (SIP), based on your convenience and investment strategy.

5. Online Platform or Distributor: If investing through an online platform, create an account and follow the instructions to invest in your chosen Balanced Advantage Fund. If using a mutual fund distributor, approach them with your investment decision, and they will assist you with the investment process.

6. Monitor and Review: Keep track of your investments periodically and review your portfolio to ensure it remains aligned with your financial goals.

Remember that all investments carry some level of risk, including the potential loss of capital. Diversification and a long-term investment approach are generally recommended to mitigate risk and achieve your financial objectives.

Good Morning, We are married for almost 27 years and at various stages of my wife like, beginning days when Girls had dream of her happy married life beginning, honeymoon, pregnancy, fostering the child, mid-age crisis and now Menopause I have been very unfair & sometime very cruel to my wife. I am tryint to please her in my possible ways but whenever I am planning something exciting & pleasurable for her it turn out to be flop show & nightmare. I want her to be happy but don't know why it gets spoiled due to one or other reason. Despite of all this she is always giving me chance and prepare herself for new beginning. But now I fear & feel gradually I will become a big liability on her, health wise as I am diabetic and even after taking high dose of medicines it doesn't get controlled. I am worried that though the beginning was not good our end should be Peaceful & graceful. Need your guidance
No point revisiting what has already happened. It seems like your wife wants a new beginning; then why not actually plan on how you want your life together to be from now on? What are the things that you have missed out on earlier, bring it all back and slowly start experiencing what life could be living in that harmony...
As for diabetes, getting the right medicine and taking it in the right dosage is important to see a change. Also, exercise, attempt to keep stress levels low and eat right...these help in keeping your blood sugar levels low...
Don't talk about the END when there is a NEW beginning in sight...