My son is a B Tech (2015 from APJA Univ. UPTECH) and MBA in Marketing (2021 from DTU). Since 2016 he has been engaged with TCS (3 years in IT & 2 year in Marketing after completion of MBA ). He is now looking for a better carrier growth in Marketing. Due to less career growth with present employer and after completion of his MBA, he looks forward for a better opportunity. In market he is not able to get better opportunity. He has been trying various organization but not able to get any result. Can you suggest how he can get a better option with regard to career and financially. I think this the right time to have a change for better career growth. Presently he is 30 years old.
Ans: Certainly, I can provide some advice for someone looking to enhance their career
1. I would your son to evaluate his skills, strengths, and weaknesses. Consider the long-term career goals and the industries or roles that align with them.
2. Attend industry events, conferences, and seminars to expand his professional network.
3. Update his Resume and LinkedIn Profile. Ensure that the resume reflects his
4. Consider online courses, certifications, or workshops to stay current in his field.
5. Attend workshops, webinars, or training programs to enhance professional development.
6. He can consider Recruitment Agencies or partner with recruitment agencies or headhunters that specialize in his industry.
Job searches can take time. Stay positive, be persistent, and don't get discouraged by rejections. Consider temporary or freelance opportunities to gain experience while continuing the job search.