Aashish

Aashish Sood  |114 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, Management Expert - Answered on May 02, 2023

Aashish Sood is an IIM-Lucknow alumnus who has been teaching maths and quantitative aptitude to MBA aspirants for over a decade.
He also mentors management student hopefuls for the group discussion and personal interview rounds that follow competitive examinations.
He has appeared for CAT seven times since 2016 and scored in the 99.9 percentile.
Aditya Question by Aditya on May 02, 2023Hindi

Dear Sir/Madam, I am 47 years male, i have done Diploma in Electrical and Electronic engineering and B A Graduation with Economics and English Subjects. I have nearly 18 years of Experience in Field of Electrical and Security systems. The issue is I have lost my job during Pandemic. I between i got addicted to Alcohol. Now i have lost the confidence to apply for new jobs and fell scared abt my future. I didn't have proper experience certificate also. Secondly I feel that I should try for Financial Advisor/Stock market analysis job. So kindly advice me reg my career and how to leave alcohol. Please do the needful at earliest as i plan to work as per your advice. I am very Good in English and economics also. Thank you. With Regards. Aditya Rao.

Ans: I am sorry to hear about your situation.

While it is understandable that losing a job during the pandemic and struggling with addiction can lead to feelings of fear and uncertainty about the future, you need to remember that situations will keep on changing as long as you retain your confidence.

My 2 cents:

1. Seek professional help to overcome addiction and regain control of your life. You can counseling, support groups, and rehabilitation programs.

2. Consider taking online courses or certification programs to enhance your skills and increase your job prospects. Be up to date with the current trends and opportunities.

3. You try to explore financial advising or stock market analysis as an alternate career path. Try going in for certifications and courses with regards to the same. They can help you gain the knowledge and skills needed for this type of job.

4. Leave the past in the past and focus on your strengths and past accomplishments. Be confident in your abilities and remain optimistic.

5. Reach out to friends and family for support and encouragement during this difficult time. They may be able to provide valuable advice or connections that can help you in your job search.

If it all seems too daunting, take one step at a time, seek support, and remain persistent in your efforts to overcome challenges and achieve your goals.

Hope this helps.

Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Apr 26, 2023

Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |145 Answers  |Ask -

Leadership, HR Expert - Answered on May 13, 2024

Hi, I'm 40 years old ,i have done BBA in finance and marketing. It's completed in 2006.i have experience of 5 year in retail and then I moved to foreign exchange company and worked for another 4-5 years in 2-3 companies.but I lost my job in corona time.and since then I'm working as a freelancer for the forex customers.also looking for jobs but couldn't get right job.i have responsibilities but I am not earning as I needed. Pls suggest me what should I do?
Ans: I understand this must be a frustrating situation. You have a strong educational background and experience, but the job market can be tough. Don't view freelance work as a gap in your employment history. Frame it as an opportunity where you leveraged your expertise to consult with clients. Quantify your achievements as a freelancer whenever possible (e.g., increased client base by X%, secured Y new contracts). The financial and marketing fields have likely evolved since your graduation in 2006. Consider taking online courses, certifications, or workshops to update your knowledge in areas like financial technology (FinTech), digital marketing, or social media marketing. These in-demand skills can make your resume more attractive to employers. Since you already have experience freelancing for forex clients, explore ways to expand your freelance offerings. Can you offer additional services like market research, competitor analysis, or content creation related to finance or foreign exchange? Don't limit yourself to just finance or forex roles. Consider marketing positions within financial institutions, wealth management firms, or fintech companies. Your marketing background could also be valuable in other industries like retail, healthcare, or technology. Remember, your age and experience are assets. Age is not a liability; hence, by highlighting your transferable skills, expanding your skillset, and utilizing a strategic job search approach, you can increase your chances of landing the right job.

Aashish

Aashish Sood  |114 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, Management Expert - Answered on May 30, 2024

I am 35 year old and holding 5+ years of experience in various domains after completing Deploma in Mech Engg QA-1year(automobile industry 2011-12). 2012-2018-- Degree in Mechanical Engg. Meanwhile due to financial issues I had work with 2/3 companies for short time of period and left because of Exams, whatever work like service engineer and Quality related work I attended. After completing my Graduation in Mechanical Engg I rejoin small firm which was dealer and distribution industry for metal cutting tools. due to convid these company was shutdown and then 2021 I switched to BPO industry and now from April 2023 to till date I am working in Supply chain Management in Infosys as a Sr Executive now could you please advise what should I do because it's really challenging to adapt new skills with less salary I am unable to take risk of new learning. And also facing money problems as now I have to run entire family shall I have to start any business or what should I do to save and retrack my career?
Ans: Why don't you want to continue in SCM?

In my opinion, you should continue to develop your expertise in supply chain management. Given your current role at Infosys, aim to gain more responsibilities and prove your value within the organization. You may also consider obtaining supply chain management certifications like APICS (now ASCM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), or Six Sigma. These can increase your marketability and potential for promotions or salary increases.

Stay updated with industry trends and continue learning to adapt to changing market demands.