Geeta

Geeta Ratra  |140 Answers  |Ask -

Visas, Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Apr 21, 2023

YogeshTyagi Question by YogeshTyagi on Apr 15, 2023Hindi

Hi My Son 28 yrs BCA/MCA & MBA in IT havinh 3 year exp as software Engineer in India.. Now He want to move in USA/UK/CANADA ...plz suggest what job chances available for him in Europe and which post

Ans: Hello Yogesh
He is very much eligible to apply for a permanent resident visa for Canada, and based on this, he can stay and work in Canada for an indefinite period.

Career Coach  |43 Answers  |Ask -

Workplace Expert - Answered on Feb 01, 2024

My son has recently completed electrical engineering from Mumbai. His original plan was to pursue higher studies in the US, but due to financial constraints, we are now exploring options in Canada and Germany, where the tuition fees are comparatively lower. Can you please suggest what are the academic and job opportunities for engineering graduates in Canada and Germany? Thank you in advance.
Ans: I understand your situation and your son's dilemma. Both Canada and Germany offer excellent academic and job opportunities for electrical engineering graduates, each with its own advantages and considerations. Here's a detailed breakdown to help you compare:

Academic Opportunities:

Canada:

- Master's programs: Renowned universities like the University of Toronto, McGill University, and UBC offer diverse programs in various electrical engineering specialties like power systems, electronics, telecommunications, and control systems.
- Tuition fees: Generally lower than the US, but vary depending on the university and program. Scholarships and financial aid options are available.
- Language: English-speaking environment, making adaptation easier. However, French proficiency might be required for programs in Quebec.

Germany:

- Master's programs: Strong focus on research and theoretical knowledge. Universities like RWTH Aachen and TU Munich offer top-ranked programs in electrical engineering and related fields.
- Tuition fees: Very low or even free for public universities, making it highly cost-effective.
- Language: Many programs are taught in English, but German proficiency is recommended for better integration and job prospects.

Job Opportunities:

Canada:

- High demand for skilled engineers: Canada faces a shortage of engineers, leading to ample job opportunities across various industries like aerospace, automotive, and clean energy.
- Immigration pathways: Streamlined Permanent Residency options after graduation and work experience.
- Salary: Competitive salaries, but might be slightly lower than the US initially.

Germany:

- Strong manufacturing sector: Booming industries like automotive and automation offer numerous job opportunities.
- Skilled worker visa: Simplified visa process for graduates with good job offers.
- Salary: Competitive salaries, potentially higher than Canada in some sectors.

- Living costs: Canada generally has higher living costs than Germany, especially in major cities.
- Culture and language: Assess your son's comfort level with adapting to a new culture and language, especially for Germany.
- University rankings and program specifics: Encourage your son to research specific programs in both countries, comparing their curriculum, research focus, and faculty expertise.

Final thoughts:

Ultimately, the best choice depends on your son's individual preferences, academic goals, and career aspirations. Both Canada and Germany offer bright prospects for electrical engineering graduates. Encourage your son to research thoroughly, speak to professionals in both countries, and weigh the pros and cons before making a decision.

I hope this information helps you and your son make an informed decision!

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Jun 08, 2024

Hi, I am bcom finance graduate who passed on 2019 with a Mark of 65% . Currently I am planning for doing higher studies in any European nations with an aim of pursuing job opportunities there itself after it. So,can u suggest me some good options that can be considered as part of it ?

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. I am glad to know that you have completed your Bachelor of Commerce (B.com) in Finance and now intend pursuing higher studies in any European country. To answer your question first, I would like to let you know that considering the various renowned universities and vibrant labor market across the continent, pursuing higher education in Europe is a great choice. Enrolling in a master's program in finance, business administration (MBA), or a specialized field viz., financial technology (FinTech), can be really advantageous. I would like to tell you that countries viz., the Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, and France are well-known for their top-notch instruction and strong financial sectors.

The Netherlands, home to universities viz., Erasmus University and the University of Amsterdam, is recognized for its significant emphasis on international business and finance. Switzerland, with its robust banking industry, is home to universities such as the University of St. Gallen that provide specialized finance courses. A number of English-taught master's programs with cheap or no tuition fees, are offered by Germany especially at universities viz., Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, and the University of Mannheim. Home to HEC Paris and INSEAD, France offers outstanding opportunities in finance and management. Moreover, all these nations have advantageous post-study work visa regulations that allow students to look for employment upon graduating.

For more information, you can visit our website: www.edwiseinternational.com

You can also follow us on our Instagram page: edwiseint

Aasif Ahmed Khan

Aasif Ahmed Khan   |87 Answers  |Ask -

Tech Career Expert - Answered on Jul 24, 2024

My son studying in Dual degree Btech + Mtech ELectrical & Electronics Engineering at JNTU hyderabad and BS in DSA online IITM. He is offered 5 yr mtech CSE at Mahindra University hyd. He is intrested in IT. Looking at his intrest can i change the college now.
Ans: Ultimately, the decision should be based on what aligns best with his interests and career aspirations. If he is passionate about IT and computer science, switching to the MTech CSE program at Mahindra University could be a great move. However, it’s important to weigh all factors and make an informed decision.

Have an open conversation with your son about his interests, career goals, and how he feels about the potential switch.
In addition speak with academic advisors at both JNTU Hyderabad and Mahindra University to understand the curriculum, opportunities, and any potential challenges. you can evaluate Long-Term Goals by Consider the long-term career prospects and how each program aligns with his goals.

If your son is more interested in IT and computer science, the MTech CSE program will be more aligned with his career goals, a specialized degree in CSE can open up more opportunities in the IT sector, including roles in software development, data science, and cybersecurity.

Switching programs and colleges can be challenging and might require some adjustment time. Consider how far along he is in his current dual degree program. If he’s already made significant progress, it might be worth weighing the benefits of completing it versus starting anew.

I am 30 years now, starting SIP from 2021 Asix small cap 1000, from 2023,November HDFC flexi cap 1500, Kotak emerging mid - 1000 tata small cap 1000 p. m.. As a long term horizon 15:yrs, is it possible to create great wealth, except Stocks...
Ans: Evaluating Your Current Investment Strategy
You are 30 years old and have been investing in SIPs since 2021. Your current SIPs are:

Small Cap Fund: Rs. 1,000 from 2021
Flexi Cap Fund: Rs. 1,500 from November 2023
Mid Cap Fund: Rs. 1,000 from November 2023
Another Small Cap Fund: Rs. 1,000 from November 2023
You have a long-term investment horizon of 15 years.

Potential for Wealth Creation
Investing in mutual funds over a long term can potentially create great wealth.

Compounding Effect: Over 15 years, compounding can significantly grow your investments.

Market Ups and Downs: Long-term investments help you ride out market volatility.

Analyzing Your Investment Choices
Your portfolio focuses on small cap and mid cap funds. These funds are high-risk but offer high returns.

High Growth Potential: Small cap and mid cap funds can outperform large caps in the long term.

Risk Diversification: Including a flexi cap fund helps diversify your investments.

Recommendations for a Balanced Portfolio
To maximize wealth and manage risk, consider further diversification.

Large Cap Funds: Provide stability and steady returns.

Debt Funds: Lower risk and provide regular income, balancing out high-risk investments.

Suggested Monthly SIP Allocation
To balance risk and growth, consider this allocation:

Small Cap Fund: Continue Rs. 1,000
Flexi Cap Fund: Continue Rs. 1,500
Mid Cap Fund: Continue Rs. 1,000
Another Small Cap Fund: Continue Rs. 1,000
Large Cap Fund: Add Rs. 1,500
Debt Fund: Add Rs. 1,000
Benefits of This Diversified Approach
Risk Management: Reduces overall risk by balancing high-risk and low-risk funds.

Stable Returns: Large cap and debt funds provide stability, especially during market downturns.

Growth Potential: Small cap and mid cap funds offer high growth potential over the long term.

Monitoring and Reviewing Your Portfolio
Regularly monitor and review your portfolio to ensure it aligns with your financial goals.

Periodic Review: Assess fund performance and make necessary adjustments.

Consult a CFP: Seek advice from a Certified Financial Planner for personalized investment strategies.

Additional Considerations
Emergency Fund: Maintain an emergency fund to cover at least 6 months of expenses.

Insurance Coverage: Ensure you have adequate health and life insurance.

Your current SIP strategy is promising for long-term wealth creation. By diversifying further into large cap and debt funds, you can manage risk and ensure steady growth. Regularly review your portfolio and consult a Certified Financial Planner for personalized advice.

I am working in a foreign bank 10 years exp with salary of 40k.have two kids.i pay monthly emi for car,rest for savings and expenses.pls suggest how to do investment.0 idea on investment.plz help
Ans: You have a stable salary of Rs 40,000 per month. Here's a quick summary:

Salary: Rs 40,000
EMI: Monthly car loan EMI
Expenses: For family and kids
Savings: Whatever is left after expenses and EMI
You are looking to invest wisely. Let's break it down into simple steps.

Setting Clear Financial Goals

First, create an emergency fund.
This should cover 6 months of expenses.
Keep this in a savings account or liquid fund.
Children’s Education:

Start a systematic investment plan (SIP) for each child.
This will help build a corpus for their education.
Retirement Planning:

Aim to save for your retirement.
Start investing in diversified equity mutual funds.
Systematic Investment Plans (SIP):

Start SIPs in actively managed mutual funds.
Avoid index funds due to their passive nature.
Actively managed funds can offer better returns with professional management.
Diversification:

Invest in a mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and multi-cap funds.
This will spread risk and improve returns.
Debt Funds:

Allocate some money to debt funds for stability.
They are less volatile and provide steady returns.
Life Insurance:

Ensure you have adequate life insurance.
This protects your family in case of any unforeseen events.
Specific Recommendations
Start with SIPs:

Allocate Rs 5,000 each in large-cap, mid-cap, and multi-cap funds.
This ensures diversification and growth.

Set aside Rs 5,000 monthly in a liquid fund.
This builds your emergency fund gradually.
Children’s Education Fund:

Invest Rs 5,000 each in child-specific funds.
This secures their future education needs.
Avoid Direct Funds:

Direct funds lack professional guidance.
Regular funds through an MFD with CFP credential provide better management.
Regular Review and Adjustment
Annual Review:

Review your investments annually.
Adjust based on performance and goals.
Rebalance Portfolio:

Rebalance to maintain desired asset allocation.
This helps manage risk and returns.
Additional Tips
Avoid High-Risk Investments:

Stick to mutual funds and avoid real estate or annuities.
These are more stable and manageable.
Stay Informed:

Read about personal finance and investment strategies.
This helps make informed decisions.
You have a solid start with your savings. By following these steps, you can secure your financial future and achieve your goals. Stay disciplined and regularly review your investments.

Aasif Ahmed Khan

Aasif Ahmed Khan   |87 Answers  |Ask -

Hi, I'm a PCMB student,I got 84023 rank in kcet in engineering section and 49655 in b pharma, 45205 in bsc agriculture, I'm confused whether to take engineering, which are the good colleges for my rank, I'm considering east point college near avalahalli, Hoskote is it good choice for me, or should I choose BCA over engineering in the same college. I'm totally confused
Ans: With a KCET rank of 84023, you might find it challenging to get into the top-tier engineering colleges. However, there are still good options available.

Choosing between BCA and Engineering depends on your interests and career goals:
Engineering: If you have a strong interest in technical subjects and enjoy problem-solving, engineering could be a good fit. It offers diverse career opportunities in various fields like mechanical, electrical, civil, and computer science.
BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications): If you’re more inclined towards computer science and software development, BCA might be a better choice. It focuses on programming, software development, and IT management, leading to careers in software engineering, IT consulting, and more.

Given your ranks in B.Pharm (49655) and B.Sc Agriculture (45205), you might have better opportunities in these fields compared to engineering. Both fields have promising career prospects:
B.Pharm: Careers in pharmaceuticals, research, and healthcare.
B.Sc Agriculture: Opportunities in agribusiness, research, and government sectors.

Reflect on what subjects and career paths excite you the most, if possible, visit the colleges you’re considering to get a better understanding of their environment and facilities. Reach out to alumni or current students to get insights into the college and its programs.