Ravi Mittal is an expert on dating and relationships.

Hey! I love a guy and want to marry him and so does he but my family is not ready to accept because we belong to different castes, he is well settled and also have secure govt job and i work as assistant professor but my family told me to leave him and look for some other guy who belongs to same caste. I just want to be with him and nobody else but they are not ready to understand. I have this feeling that he is suffering because of me when his family is ready and my isn't. What can i do?

I am sorry to hear that standing in this day and age, you are facing a problem rooted in caste-related discrimination. I can only suggest you to sit with your parents and make them understand that someone's caste is not their identity. I understand that it will be very hard, especially when it's your parents, but parents can be wrong too. Try highlighting the positives and the achievements of your partner whenever you are discussing the matter with them.

Also have an open discussion about the entire ordeal with your partner. If he too feels that he is suffering because of this relationship, you might want to reassure him that things will be better soon.

Hello mam, glad to find you here. Mam, I'm a female, 27 yrs, I have been in a relationship with my partner since 9yrs, but he is from different caste. We both were immature when we started our relationship but our relationship grew stronger as time passed.We have gone through ups and downs of our relationship and are still intact. When I was into 3yrs of our relationship he was doing some odd job, at that time I told my mom about us and she said 'NO' because of caste issue irrespective of his job. Another reason is that my father is an impulsive person who thinks to harm himself whenever something happens, so mom said my father might harm himself if I go forward. At the same time there were some issues in boys family and my brother met them and he said no to it.But I couldn't get away from him, so I stayed. Later I talked to my partner about his family environment and I said that I couldn't stay with them because of the negative impact. He talked to his family and confirmed that after marriage we will lead our life under different roof but maintain the sufficient relationship with his family. We both are now settled in jobs but he earns a bit less than me but we earn a handsome salary combining our both salaries. Now, it's time for my marriage and I want to marry him and he have changed alot for me without leaving his family and he understands me very well. I feel safe with him. Now the problem is my parents wants to get me married and I also want to get married to the whom I loved but my mom and brother are not yet all giving me the chance to convince them. They are trying to convince me for marriage with others but I couldn't do that, that will kill me all my life. They are saying that if I go for intercaste then they have to suffer all their life and my father might do something to himself if he finds out. I love my family dearly and that's why I have been waiting all these years for their approval. I do not want anyone to lose their life because of me. My partner have left the decision to me because of my situation at home and he is supportive of me. My transfer is nearing where I have two options, one is to opt for my home town(not Village), where I can bring my parents to town with me to stay( now my posting is in another city). Second is to opt for different city( where I have to stay with my brother who doesn't approve of my love and blames me for his career). In order for me to convince them for my marriage should stay with my family or away from them and how can I convince them? Sorry' for the long story and I hope I hear from you.
Be clear about what you want and in this process/journey, there will be a lot of highs and lows...
Also, you may not be able to have the cake and eat it too which is why you are struggling at making a decision. You want to marry the man of your dreams that your parents and brother disapprove of BUT you don't want to disappoint them by going against them...You can't have one foot in two different paths...it will tear you apart; literally...
So, decide what you want, the pros and cons of going against the family...of course there are situations where over time, parents have accepted the boy/girl but there's a lot of patient waiting.
If you are in haste, they are not going to relent and you will be left feeling disappointed...
Decide and then do whatever it takes to make that decision right...

Madam i am 21 years old having a good post at central government as at erly age i got job and i joint it now i am 22 and having a boyfriend he is also central government officer and he is age 29 bu despite of the age gap the love bloomed and we are so in love with each other i told my family early tge condition and said that i want to marry him but my parents said after 25 we will ger u married but by sharing this at hone they are not having trust on mr and are being insecure and wants me to leave a government job and to come home because he is not from same caste and it will also be interstate marriage my family is having the fear of relatives and my mother us against of it they are saying intercaste marriage we will not support or accept continuously emotional blackmail to me trying to manipulate, brainwash me and abusing me emotionally verbally and physically. what should i do?
Inter-faith marriages are still a big NO NO in many homes and yours is not an exception. Like in many other cases, my suggestion has been that both sides must want to get to know the other person. Like your parents need to see a different side of your boyfriend to be willing to accept him.
What is it that he can bring in their daughter's life that will ease their concerns about his faith/religion?
So, your boyfriend must be willing to be patient and make efforts on his part to integrate into your family. It takes time, so be patient.
Now, for your job...do not confuse emotions and your job. Your parents feels that you might take drastic steps with your boyfriend and hence want you closer to home so that they can keep an eye on you. Address this concern by being mature and immersing yourself more into work that gives them the confidence that you are not about to do anything behind their back.
Addressing what bothers them is a better way out rather than trying to convince them...as the same issues will keep coming back if you force them to accept something. So, be patient and responsible for things to sort themselves out...

Hi mam, I am in relationship with a guy who is from different caste. It's been three years but his family is not agreeing due to family status and intercaste. My family is ready as I am the eldest daughter of my family and unturned 30 this year. I have no time but he can't marry me without his parents concent. My family is searching a boy for my marriage. I can't marry with another guy. what shall I do to marry him to convince his family or what should he do his monther is so rigid. Please ???? support us what should we do? Two lives will be spoiled bcz of this. The only problem is upper and lower caste.
Ans: Navigating a relationship where cultural norms and family expectations conflict is challenging, but it's crucial to approach it with empathy and patience.
You're deeply committed to your partner despite the pressure from his family due to caste differences. While your family supports your marriage, his family, especially his mother, is firm in their opposition. You're also facing time constraints and societal pressure, making the situation urgent and stressful.
Your partner needs to have ongoing, respectful conversations with his parents, emphasizing your love and commitment. He should explain why you are the right person for him and how you positively impact his life. Understanding and addressing their specific concerns, whether they are about societal judgment or family honor, is crucial.
Sharing personal stories and demonstrating the depth of your bond can help his parents see beyond the caste issue. Highlighting your shared values and how you both support each other can make your relationship more relatable to them.
Seek help from a trusted family member or friend who can mediate and help his parents see the relationship from a new perspective. A respected family elder who has navigated similar challenges can also be influential.
Changing deep-seated beliefs takes time. Your partner should continue to gently and persistently show his parents that his happiness lies with you. Patience will be key as they may need time to adjust to the idea
Engage with support groups or counselors experienced in intercaste relationships. They can provide valuable advice and emotional support.
Discuss potential scenarios if his parents don’t approve. Consider whether options like elopement or giving them time to come around could work for both of you. These conversations should be open and honest to ensure mutual understanding.

Throughout this process, maintain strong communication and support each other emotionally. Navigating these challenges together will strengthen your bond and help you both find a path forward that honors your relationship and family ties.

I wanted to invest in SIP, but I dont have much of knowledge in it. Can anyone suggest some good funds and details aboit how to select the funds.
Ans: Investing in SIPs is a great choice for building wealth. SIPs allow you to invest a fixed amount regularly in mutual funds.

Evaluating Fund Options

Choosing the right funds is crucial. You should aim for a balanced portfolio with various fund types.

Actively managed funds are handled by experts. These funds often perform better than index funds. The professional management helps in optimizing returns and reducing risks.

Direct funds require more knowledge and active management. They lack professional guidance. Investing through a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) ensures better decisions and better portfolio management.

Steps to Select Good Funds

Assess Your Goals: Understand your financial goals. This will help in choosing the right fund types.

Risk Appetite: Know your risk tolerance. Different funds have different risk levels.

Performance Track Record: Look at the fund's historical performance. Consistency over the years is key.

Fund Manager: Check the experience and track record of the fund manager. Experienced managers often deliver better results.

Expense Ratio: Lower expense ratios can lead to higher returns. But, ensure it doesn’t compromise on quality management.

Recommendations

Seek Professional Advice: Consult a CFP. They can guide you in selecting the best funds based on your goals and risk appetite.

Diversify: Invest in a mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and balanced funds. Diversification reduces risk and improves returns.

Investing in SIPs is a smart way to grow your wealth. Choose actively managed funds for better performance. Consult a Certified Financial Planner to ensure your investments align with your financial goals.

Seeking Advice for a Well-Diversified Portfolio with a Take-Home Salary of 1 Lakh per Month** Hi everyone, I'm looking for some guidance on how to diversify my investment portfolio based on my current financial situation. Here are the details: - My take-home salary is 1 lakh per month. - My monthly expenses are around 30k. - I have a gold loan for 3 lakhs. - For the past year, I have been investing 5k in Paragh parik Flexicap, 3k in UTI Nifty 50, 3k in UTI Nifty Next 50, and 5k in Motilal Oswal Microcap. - Recently, I increased my SIPs from 5k to 10k in Flexicap, and from 3k to 5k in UTI Nifty 50 and UTI Nifty Next 50. -Recently added Tata small cap fund in my portfolio with 5k sip - My wife is working on a 6-month contract role and has 20k in savings. I would appreciate any advice on how to further diversify my portfolio to ensure long-term financial stability and growth. Thank you!
Ans: Current Financial Situation
Take-home salary: Rs. 1 lakh per month
Monthly expenses: Rs. 30,000
Gold loan: Rs. 3 lakhs
Wife’s savings: Rs. 20,000
Existing Investments
Flexicap Fund: Increased from Rs. 5,000 to Rs. 10,000 monthly SIP
UTI Nifty 50: Increased from Rs. 3,000 to Rs. 5,000 monthly SIP
UTI Nifty Next 50: Increased from Rs. 3,000 to Rs. 5,000 monthly SIP
Microcap Fund: Rs. 5,000 monthly SIP
Small Cap Fund: Rs. 5,000 monthly SIP
Gold Loan
Focus on repaying the gold loan. This will reduce your interest burden and improve your financial stability.

Create an emergency fund. Aim for 6 months of expenses. This will cover unexpected situations. Save Rs. 20,000 monthly until the fund is complete.

Diversifying Your Portfolio
Balanced Approach
Your current investments are heavily skewed towards equity. Diversify to balance risk and returns.

Consider adding debt mutual funds. They offer stability and lower risk. Invest Rs. 20,000 monthly.

You already have exposure to large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap funds. Maintain this diversification.

Gold Investment
Invest in Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGBs) or Gold ETFs. This adds stability and diversifies your portfolio. Allocate Rs. 5,000 monthly.

Long-Term Goals
Child's Education and Retirement
Start investing in child-specific mutual funds. Plan for your children's education and your retirement. Consider a mix of equity and debt funds. Allocate Rs. 30,000 monthly.

Prioritize repaying your gold loan. Build an emergency fund. Diversify your investments with debt mutual funds and gold. Plan for long-term goals like children's education and retirement.

Dear Sir, I am 38 years old, happily married and working in as IT professional. My monthly take home is around 92K. My current personal loans are having an balance around 9 Lakhs and an hand loans around 4 Lakhs. My current EMI cut off is around 85K due to bad financial planning in last few years due to personal emergencies, i have been incurring losses and unable to save salary. Personal loans will finish by February 2025, but unable to cope with the monthly EMIs and due to this it is having negative impact in cibel score. Could you please suggest me on how to plan things for short term and also on long term.
Ans: You are 38 years old, happily married, and working in IT. Your monthly take-home salary is Rs. 92,000. You have personal loans with an outstanding balance of Rs. 9 lakhs and hand loans of Rs. 4 lakhs. Your current EMI cut-off is Rs. 85,000. Personal loans will be cleared by February 2025.

Immediate Steps for Debt Management
Prioritize High-Interest Loans
Focus on clearing high-interest loans first. These are costly and impact your finances. Prioritizing them will ease financial pressure.

Negotiate with Lenders
Talk to your lenders. Request for lower interest rates or extended payment terms. This can reduce your monthly EMI burden.

Consolidate Loans
Consider consolidating multiple loans into a single loan. This can lower your overall interest rate. It simplifies payments and reduces stress.

Cut Unnecessary Expenses
Identify and cut unnecessary expenses. This will free up funds to pay off debts. Focus on essential expenses only.

Mid-Term Planning
Start building an emergency fund. Aim for 3-6 months of expenses. This provides a safety net for future emergencies.

Financial Discipline
Stick to a strict budget. Avoid unnecessary expenses. Ensure timely payment of EMIs to improve your CIBIL score.

Long-Term Financial Planning
Investing in Mutual Funds
Once debts are cleared, start SIPs in mutual funds. Diversify your investments across equity, debt, and hybrid funds. This will help in wealth creation.

Start saving for retirement. Consider PPF and NPS for long-term benefits. Regular contributions will ensure a comfortable retirement.

Children’s Education
Plan for your children’s education. Start investing in child-specific mutual funds. Ensure their future is financially secure.

Focus on clearing high-interest loans first. Negotiate with lenders for better terms. Build an emergency fund. Plan for long-term goals with disciplined investing.

Dear Sir I am 47 year old and planning to retire by 55.i have sips in MF for 1.5 lacs and my current portfolio is 75 lacs.started investments in sip from year 2021 and hoping to continue till 55 with at least 10% stepup.In addition , i have an FD of 1.4 crores and employee gratuity of 1 crores which will be received at retirement.i have 2 real estate properties an apartment and a small home where my parents are staying presently.what action can be done futher to make my investments 10cr at the age of 55. Thank you Regards Kumar
Ans: You are 47 and planning to retire at 55. Your SIPs total Rs 1.5 lakhs monthly, with a current portfolio of Rs 75 lakhs. You also have an FD of Rs 1.4 crores and will receive Rs 1 crore in employee gratuity at retirement. You own two real estate properties.

Goal Evaluation

Your target is to have Rs 10 crores by age 55. With a structured investment plan, this goal can be achieved.

Investment Strategy Analysis

Your monthly SIPs with a 10% step-up are commendable. The current portfolio shows good growth potential. However, to meet the Rs 10 crore goal, further optimization is needed.

Direct funds require constant attention and expertise. Regular funds managed by a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) can provide professional advice and better returns. This ensures your investments are well-aligned with your financial goals.

Recommendations

Increase SIPs Gradually: Continue with your SIPs and increase them by at least 10% yearly.

Professional Management: Invest through regular funds managed by a CFP. This offers better portfolio management and aligns with your goals.

Diversify Portfolio: Ensure a mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and balanced funds. This diversification reduces risk and maximizes returns.

Review and Rebalance: Regularly review and rebalance your portfolio with the help of a CFP. This keeps your investments on track to meet your goal.

Your goal to reach Rs 10 crores by 55 is achievable with disciplined investing. Gradually increase your SIPs, diversify your portfolio, and seek professional management. Regular reviews and adjustments will help you stay on track.

Hello sir I have invested in ELSS fund by monthly Sip of Rs 1000 in 2018 for 5 years the amount is now Rs 1.69 lakh.I want to redeem the amount and again invest to lumsum ELSS for 5 years is this a good decision to invest in ELSS fund.
Ans: You are 40 years old, happily married with two daughters aged 7 and 3. You have real estate worth Rs. 1.50 crores, including two houses (one valued at Rs. 85 lakhs with a monthly rental yield of Rs. 30,000). You have a ULIP with a monthly contribution of Rs. 18,000 for 5 years, with 19 months completed and a corpus of Rs. 4 lakhs. You have just started investing Rs. 50,000 in mutual funds. You can invest Rs. 1.50 lakhs monthly now.

Investment in Mutual Funds
Equity mutual funds are essential for long-term growth. They provide high returns over time. You can invest in large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap funds. Large-cap funds are less risky. Mid-cap and small-cap funds offer higher returns but come with higher risks.

Debt mutual funds provide stability to your portfolio. They invest in bonds and government securities. They are less volatile and offer regular returns. You can consider short-term and long-term debt funds based on your investment horizon.

Hybrid Mutual Funds
Hybrid funds invest in both equity and debt. They balance risk and return. They are suitable for moderate risk takers. They provide stability with some growth potential.

Tax-saving Mutual Funds
ELSS funds provide tax benefits under Section 80C. They have a lock-in period of 3 years. They offer good returns and help in tax planning. You can allocate a portion of your investments to these funds.

Selling the House and SWP
Selling the house worth Rs. 85 lakhs can provide a lump sum. You can invest this in a Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP). SWP offers regular income from mutual funds. It provides flexibility and better returns compared to rental income. Ensure to consult with a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) to align this with your financial goals.

Increase your SIP contributions to Rs. 1.50 lakhs monthly. Diversify your investments across equity, debt, and hybrid funds. Review your portfolio regularly to ensure it aligns with your goals.

Seek advice from a Certified Financial Planner (CFP). They can provide a tailored financial plan. Professional guidance helps achieve your financial goals efficiently.

Focus on long-term growth with equity funds. Maintain stability with debt funds. Balance risk and return with hybrid funds. Consider tax-saving ELSS funds. Review your portfolio regularly.