Ravi Mittal is an expert on dating and relationships.

Hey love Gurus I am 24 year old male. Well educated and decent looking. But i have never had a girlfriend not had i ever kissed a girl. I have also never bothered much on this until my 20 year of age. But now for past year or 2 it has started haunting me a bit because I am scared of what would happen when i get married. I don't have any sort of experience and this scares me. I know it's too early to think of marriage but still I feel low when this topic comes to my mind. Please guide me. I really need a good advice Is it that I am thinking too much?

It's totally normal to feel anxious about the future and any relationship to come your way in the future. Here are some advice-

• Be kind to yourself. You are not alone in this. Not everyone moves at the same pace. Some start dating early, some start late. Some have more experience than others. But everyone has to face firsts. While it is natural to feel anxious, with the right partner and at the right timeline, things often tend to work out better than we imagine.
• Focus on building confidence. You are more than your dating experience. Pursue a hobby, socialize, work on developing new skills, work to improve your body and mind. Everything in turn will increase your confidence level.
• Educate yourself. You can read books on anxiety or if you have a clear idea of what about a relationship or what about marriage is making you conscious, you can educate yourself on that part. What is known to us, rarely makes us feel anxious. We mostly fear the unknown.
• For your future first relationship- take it slow. Communicate. What you are comfortable with, what you aren't, communicate everything.
• If your anxiety is interfering with your day-to-day activity, I recommend seeing a professional. It's still early and nipped in the bud, this anxiety will lead to nothing serious. But if you let it take root, it might be more difficult to manage.

Understand that it is okay where you are. Also, as you mentioned, you are too young to worry about it. But since you are already worrying, I am glad that you seeked help.

Hi. Keep me anonymous. I'm in mid 40s. All my life I m a confused guy with regards to everything. Never married. Never had any love affair. I consider speaking to ladies, proposing them, love making as demeaning and bad. But occasionally I feel lonely, driven by natural human desire to love and to be loved. I have always had a desire to marry and and an equal desire to not marry. I however like more of non married life. And never , not even in dreams like making adjustments which may be required in a married life. My way is always Highway. Wt do you suggest or think in this case?? Not that I accept other's suggestions.
Ans: It's perfectly okay to have different desires and preferences when it comes to relationships and marriage. People have diverse perspectives on these matters, and there is no one-size-fits-all approach to life. What matters most is that you understand and accept your feelings and choices.

If you feel content and happy with your non-married life and prefer to live independently without making adjustments for a partner, that is entirely valid. Some individuals find fulfillment and satisfaction in singlehood, and that is absolutely fine. Not everyone feels the need to pursue romantic relationships or marriage, and that doesn't make you any less of a person.

However, if you occasionally feel lonely and desire love and companionship, that is also natural. It's okay to have moments of vulnerability and longing for emotional connection. You can explore ways to address these feelings without necessarily committing to a traditional romantic relationship or marriage. For example, you might consider building strong friendships or participating in social activities that allow you to connect with others on a meaningful level.

Ultimately, what matters most is that you embrace and understand yourself and your feelings. If you find contentment and fulfillment in your current lifestyle, there is no need to feel pressured to conform to societal expectations. It's crucial to prioritize your own well-being and happiness, regardless of external opinions or suggestions.

If you ever feel overwhelmed or conflicted about your feelings, talking to a counselor or therapist can be beneficial. They can provide a safe space for you to explore your thoughts and emotions and help you gain clarity about what you truly want in life.

Remember, there is no right or wrong way to approach relationships or marriage. Each person's journey is unique, and the key is to be true to yourself and make choices that align with your values and bring you happiness.

i am 32 year old guy still virgin ..marraige isgeeting delayed ,few years back i had friend who is helping me ( Only Oral ) but now she is no more with me , iam kind of feeling depressed for not getting married tell me what to do ?
Ans: First, it’s important to acknowledge and understand your feelings. Feeling down about your current situation and the delayed path to marriage is natural. These emotions are valid, and recognizing them is the first step towards addressing them. It's okay to feel disappointed or anxious, and it’s essential to approach these feelings with compassion for yourself.

Take some time to reflect on your expectations around marriage and intimacy. Often, societal pressures set specific timelines and standards that don’t align with everyone’s unique journey. Consider whether the pressure you're feeling is coming from external sources or your own expectations. Understanding this can help you set more personalized and realistic goals that align with your true desires.

Focusing on personal growth and self-care can be incredibly rewarding during this period. Engaging in activities that bring you joy, building new skills, and nurturing your mental and physical health can boost your confidence and overall well-being. This personal development often attracts new opportunities, including potential relationships, by making you feel more fulfilled and self-assured.

Expanding your social circles is another step that can open up new possibilities. Consider joining clubs, attending social events, or participating in online communities that match your interests. These activities can help you connect with like-minded individuals and build meaningful relationships, which could potentially lead to finding a partner.

Seeking professional support can provide valuable guidance and perspective. Talking to a therapist or counselor can help you navigate your feelings of depression, explore underlying issues, and develop strategies to manage your emotions and expectations. Therapy can also help you build confidence and improve your approach to relationships, making you feel more equipped to handle the dating world.

Reflect on how you’re approaching dating and relationships. If marriage is a priority for you, it’s worth considering how you're searching for a partner. Are you clear about your intentions and what you’re looking for in a relationship? You might find it helpful to adjust your approach, whether it’s trying different dating platforms, being more open to meeting people through friends, or exploring matchmaking services.

It’s also important to be patient and open to different possibilities. Relationships often develop when you least expect them, and being patient with the process can alleviate some of the pressure you're feeling. Trust that your journey to finding a partner is unique and unfolding at its own pace, even if it doesn't follow the timeline you had envisioned.

Embrace your past experiences, including those with your friend. They are part of your personal story and contribute to who you are today. These experiences don’t define your future relationships or your worth. Instead, view them as learning opportunities that have helped shape you and prepare you for future connections.

Remember that your value and happiness are not solely tied to being in a relationship or getting married. Focus on building a fulfilling life for yourself, and be open to the relationships that come along the way. Your path to finding a partner is unique, and it’s important to remain hopeful and proactive in creating the life you desire.

I wanted to invest in SIP, but I dont have much of knowledge in it. Can anyone suggest some good funds and details aboit how to select the funds.
Ans: Investing in SIPs is a great choice for building wealth. SIPs allow you to invest a fixed amount regularly in mutual funds.

Evaluating Fund Options

Choosing the right funds is crucial. You should aim for a balanced portfolio with various fund types.

Actively managed funds are handled by experts. These funds often perform better than index funds. The professional management helps in optimizing returns and reducing risks.

Direct funds require more knowledge and active management. They lack professional guidance. Investing through a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) ensures better decisions and better portfolio management.

Steps to Select Good Funds

Assess Your Goals: Understand your financial goals. This will help in choosing the right fund types.

Risk Appetite: Know your risk tolerance. Different funds have different risk levels.

Performance Track Record: Look at the fund's historical performance. Consistency over the years is key.

Fund Manager: Check the experience and track record of the fund manager. Experienced managers often deliver better results.

Expense Ratio: Lower expense ratios can lead to higher returns. But, ensure it doesn’t compromise on quality management.

Recommendations

Seek Professional Advice: Consult a CFP. They can guide you in selecting the best funds based on your goals and risk appetite.

Diversify: Invest in a mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and balanced funds. Diversification reduces risk and improves returns.

Investing in SIPs is a smart way to grow your wealth. Choose actively managed funds for better performance. Consult a Certified Financial Planner to ensure your investments align with your financial goals.

Seeking Advice for a Well-Diversified Portfolio with a Take-Home Salary of 1 Lakh per Month** Hi everyone, I'm looking for some guidance on how to diversify my investment portfolio based on my current financial situation. Here are the details: - My take-home salary is 1 lakh per month. - My monthly expenses are around 30k. - I have a gold loan for 3 lakhs. - For the past year, I have been investing 5k in Paragh parik Flexicap, 3k in UTI Nifty 50, 3k in UTI Nifty Next 50, and 5k in Motilal Oswal Microcap. - Recently, I increased my SIPs from 5k to 10k in Flexicap, and from 3k to 5k in UTI Nifty 50 and UTI Nifty Next 50. -Recently added Tata small cap fund in my portfolio with 5k sip - My wife is working on a 6-month contract role and has 20k in savings. I would appreciate any advice on how to further diversify my portfolio to ensure long-term financial stability and growth. Thank you!
Ans: Current Financial Situation
Take-home salary: Rs. 1 lakh per month
Monthly expenses: Rs. 30,000
Gold loan: Rs. 3 lakhs
Wife’s savings: Rs. 20,000
Existing Investments
Flexicap Fund: Increased from Rs. 5,000 to Rs. 10,000 monthly SIP
UTI Nifty 50: Increased from Rs. 3,000 to Rs. 5,000 monthly SIP
UTI Nifty Next 50: Increased from Rs. 3,000 to Rs. 5,000 monthly SIP
Microcap Fund: Rs. 5,000 monthly SIP
Small Cap Fund: Rs. 5,000 monthly SIP
Gold Loan
Focus on repaying the gold loan. This will reduce your interest burden and improve your financial stability.

Create an emergency fund. Aim for 6 months of expenses. This will cover unexpected situations. Save Rs. 20,000 monthly until the fund is complete.

Diversifying Your Portfolio
Balanced Approach
Your current investments are heavily skewed towards equity. Diversify to balance risk and returns.

Consider adding debt mutual funds. They offer stability and lower risk. Invest Rs. 20,000 monthly.

You already have exposure to large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap funds. Maintain this diversification.

Gold Investment
Invest in Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGBs) or Gold ETFs. This adds stability and diversifies your portfolio. Allocate Rs. 5,000 monthly.

Long-Term Goals
Child's Education and Retirement
Start investing in child-specific mutual funds. Plan for your children's education and your retirement. Consider a mix of equity and debt funds. Allocate Rs. 30,000 monthly.

Prioritize repaying your gold loan. Build an emergency fund. Diversify your investments with debt mutual funds and gold. Plan for long-term goals like children's education and retirement.

Dear Sir, I am 38 years old, happily married and working in as IT professional. My monthly take home is around 92K. My current personal loans are having an balance around 9 Lakhs and an hand loans around 4 Lakhs. My current EMI cut off is around 85K due to bad financial planning in last few years due to personal emergencies, i have been incurring losses and unable to save salary. Personal loans will finish by February 2025, but unable to cope with the monthly EMIs and due to this it is having negative impact in cibel score. Could you please suggest me on how to plan things for short term and also on long term.
Ans: You are 38 years old, happily married, and working in IT. Your monthly take-home salary is Rs. 92,000. You have personal loans with an outstanding balance of Rs. 9 lakhs and hand loans of Rs. 4 lakhs. Your current EMI cut-off is Rs. 85,000. Personal loans will be cleared by February 2025.

Immediate Steps for Debt Management
Prioritize High-Interest Loans
Focus on clearing high-interest loans first. These are costly and impact your finances. Prioritizing them will ease financial pressure.

Negotiate with Lenders
Talk to your lenders. Request for lower interest rates or extended payment terms. This can reduce your monthly EMI burden.

Consolidate Loans
Consider consolidating multiple loans into a single loan. This can lower your overall interest rate. It simplifies payments and reduces stress.

Cut Unnecessary Expenses
Identify and cut unnecessary expenses. This will free up funds to pay off debts. Focus on essential expenses only.

Mid-Term Planning
Start building an emergency fund. Aim for 3-6 months of expenses. This provides a safety net for future emergencies.

Financial Discipline
Stick to a strict budget. Avoid unnecessary expenses. Ensure timely payment of EMIs to improve your CIBIL score.

Long-Term Financial Planning
Investing in Mutual Funds
Once debts are cleared, start SIPs in mutual funds. Diversify your investments across equity, debt, and hybrid funds. This will help in wealth creation.

Start saving for retirement. Consider PPF and NPS for long-term benefits. Regular contributions will ensure a comfortable retirement.

Children’s Education
Plan for your children’s education. Start investing in child-specific mutual funds. Ensure their future is financially secure.

Focus on clearing high-interest loans first. Negotiate with lenders for better terms. Build an emergency fund. Plan for long-term goals with disciplined investing.

Dear Sir I am 47 year old and planning to retire by 55.i have sips in MF for 1.5 lacs and my current portfolio is 75 lacs.started investments in sip from year 2021 and hoping to continue till 55 with at least 10% stepup.In addition , i have an FD of 1.4 crores and employee gratuity of 1 crores which will be received at retirement.i have 2 real estate properties an apartment and a small home where my parents are staying presently.what action can be done futher to make my investments 10cr at the age of 55. Thank you Regards Kumar
Ans: You are 47 and planning to retire at 55. Your SIPs total Rs 1.5 lakhs monthly, with a current portfolio of Rs 75 lakhs. You also have an FD of Rs 1.4 crores and will receive Rs 1 crore in employee gratuity at retirement. You own two real estate properties.

Goal Evaluation

Your target is to have Rs 10 crores by age 55. With a structured investment plan, this goal can be achieved.

Investment Strategy Analysis

Your monthly SIPs with a 10% step-up are commendable. The current portfolio shows good growth potential. However, to meet the Rs 10 crore goal, further optimization is needed.

Direct funds require constant attention and expertise. Regular funds managed by a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) can provide professional advice and better returns. This ensures your investments are well-aligned with your financial goals.

Recommendations

Increase SIPs Gradually: Continue with your SIPs and increase them by at least 10% yearly.

Professional Management: Invest through regular funds managed by a CFP. This offers better portfolio management and aligns with your goals.

Diversify Portfolio: Ensure a mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and balanced funds. This diversification reduces risk and maximizes returns.

Review and Rebalance: Regularly review and rebalance your portfolio with the help of a CFP. This keeps your investments on track to meet your goal.

Your goal to reach Rs 10 crores by 55 is achievable with disciplined investing. Gradually increase your SIPs, diversify your portfolio, and seek professional management. Regular reviews and adjustments will help you stay on track.

Hello sir I have invested in ELSS fund by monthly Sip of Rs 1000 in 2018 for 5 years the amount is now Rs 1.69 lakh.I want to redeem the amount and again invest to lumsum ELSS for 5 years is this a good decision to invest in ELSS fund.
Ans: You are 40 years old, happily married with two daughters aged 7 and 3. You have real estate worth Rs. 1.50 crores, including two houses (one valued at Rs. 85 lakhs with a monthly rental yield of Rs. 30,000). You have a ULIP with a monthly contribution of Rs. 18,000 for 5 years, with 19 months completed and a corpus of Rs. 4 lakhs. You have just started investing Rs. 50,000 in mutual funds. You can invest Rs. 1.50 lakhs monthly now.

Investment in Mutual Funds
Equity mutual funds are essential for long-term growth. They provide high returns over time. You can invest in large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap funds. Large-cap funds are less risky. Mid-cap and small-cap funds offer higher returns but come with higher risks.

Debt mutual funds provide stability to your portfolio. They invest in bonds and government securities. They are less volatile and offer regular returns. You can consider short-term and long-term debt funds based on your investment horizon.

Hybrid Mutual Funds
Hybrid funds invest in both equity and debt. They balance risk and return. They are suitable for moderate risk takers. They provide stability with some growth potential.

Tax-saving Mutual Funds
ELSS funds provide tax benefits under Section 80C. They have a lock-in period of 3 years. They offer good returns and help in tax planning. You can allocate a portion of your investments to these funds.

Selling the House and SWP
Selling the house worth Rs. 85 lakhs can provide a lump sum. You can invest this in a Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP). SWP offers regular income from mutual funds. It provides flexibility and better returns compared to rental income. Ensure to consult with a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) to align this with your financial goals.

Increase your SIP contributions to Rs. 1.50 lakhs monthly. Diversify your investments across equity, debt, and hybrid funds. Review your portfolio regularly to ensure it aligns with your goals.

Seek advice from a Certified Financial Planner (CFP). They can provide a tailored financial plan. Professional guidance helps achieve your financial goals efficiently.

Focus on long-term growth with equity funds. Maintain stability with debt funds. Balance risk and return with hybrid funds. Consider tax-saving ELSS funds. Review your portfolio regularly.