Yazdi Question by Yazdi on Jul 08, 2023Hindi

Sir. After 2 unwanted marriages, the first fiXed by my 2nd half-brother and then my mother i am now staying alone for the last 20 years and am 72 going on 73. The thing is that i need a lady companion to ease my remainang years...how should i go about the companion thing. I am fit and hale and normal built happy. Ride a Honda Hornet to get aroung and i love riding bikes and gave up my car mobility when i left the gulf job.. Thanks

Ans: It's wonderful that you're looking for companionship to add joy to your life in your later years. Here are a few steps you could consider taking to find a compatible companion:

Social Activities: Engage in social activities that align with your interests. This could include joining clubs, groups, or hobby-related gatherings that involve activities you enjoy, such as biking clubs, book clubs, or local community events. Participating in these activities can help you meet like-minded individuals who share your interests.

Online Platforms: There are various online platforms designed to help people connect and find companionship. You could explore senior-specific dating sites or social networks that cater to individuals in your age group. Be cautious and take your time getting to know people before making any commitments.

Local Community: Attend events and activities in your local community. This could include attending workshops, classes, lectures, or volunteering opportunities. These events provide opportunities to meet new people and strike up conversations.

Mutual Friends: Your existing circle of friends and acquaintances may have connections to individuals who are also looking for companionship. Don't hesitate to express your interest in finding a companion to those around you.

Travel and Adventure Groups: Since you enjoy biking and adventure, consider joining travel or adventure groups that focus on activities you're passionate about. This can be a great way to connect with others who share your interests.

Be Open and Approachable: When you're out and about, be open to striking up conversations with people you meet. A friendly and approachable demeanor can make it easier for others to approach you.

Take Your Time: Finding the right companion is important, so don't rush into anything. Take your time to get to know people, their interests, and their values before considering a deeper connection.

Stay Safe: While seeking companionship, be cautious and prioritize your safety. Be mindful of sharing personal information too quickly and meet new people in public places initially.

Communicate Clearly: When you start forming connections, communicate openly about your intentions, expectations, and the kind of companionship you're seeking. Honesty can go a long way in building meaningful relationships.

Friendship First: Focus on building a foundation of friendship before moving towards a romantic relationship. Companionship can come in various forms, and starting as friends can lead to deeper connections.

Remember that finding the right companion takes time and effort. Be patient and enjoy the process of meeting new people and forming connections. Keep an open heart and mind, and you might just find a wonderful companion to share your interests and experiences with in your later years.

Hi, I had an arranged marriage at the age of 30 which ended within a year as she had a lover and went back to him, in the process took away my money putting a false domestic violence case to claim alimony. My dream of happy married life was shattered, I lost faith in concept of marriage and remained single just focusing on my work. I never had any relationship with any female all through these years due to the phobia that women bring trouble to my life :) Now I'm 45 and feel the need to have a trustworthy life companion. The problem I'm facing is the trust issues and female phobia. Also since my so called married life was very short, I'm not mentally ready to consider marriage proposals of divorced women who got divorced after 4-5 years of their bad marriage since they have the past luggage. Its difficult to find unmarried singles also. Can you guide me on how can I overcome this situation and find a trustworthy, reliable companion for rest of my life?
There is no need to jump into a marriage right away, right?
Start by expanding your social circle that includes a good mix of people from different backgrounds and work spheres. You might just end up finding someone who matches your thinking, ideals and lifestyle.
Cross this before you start bride-searching. You need to get your faith back into wanting a life partner and in the institution called marriage. So, baby steps...Trust builds over time so, give time for yourself to heal while you explore the idea of socializing. It acts as a good bridge not knowing someone and knowing someone. The concept of 'Dating' will ideally fall here and you might find someone with whom you can spend the rest of your life with.

Soft Skills Trainer - Answered on Jul 12, 2024

Hello sir my name is Santu Chakraborty.I am 34 year old now unmarried. My qualification is Bsc botany honours with 2nd class +diploma in mechanical engineering with distinction +btech in mechanical engineering from government engineering college west Bengal with 7.5 dgpa.I have 6 years of teaching experience in private diploma engineering college and now I working as a vocational teacher in automobile engineering department in gov high school.In my early phase of life I am going through lots of Misguide,seveare Anxiety issue. Nobody can help me on that phase.I recover mostly by my own after various dillema.I want to work in mechanical r and d company, Mechanical design basis company and also upgrade my teaching carrier. How can I start my journey at this age ?what is the risk factor also? Please tell me. I am very enthusiastic dedicated person. I have no guide in my home. My father is vegetable seller.
Ans: Hi Santu Chakraborty,

This is a really exhaustive query.

The journey thru' your acquisition of qualifications has been vast!

In the course of your life you are now suffering from SNIOP (SUSCEPTIBLE NEGATIVE INFLUENCE OTHER PEOPLE) this happens when you let others control your life.

I have this poem.. Especially for one's like you!

The Guy in the Glass

When you get what you want in your struggle for pelf,
And the world makes you King for a day,
Then go to the mirror and look at yourself,
And see what that guy has to say.
For it isn't your Father, or Mother, or Wife,
Who judgement upon you must pass.
The feller whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the guy staring back from the glass.
He's the feller to please, never mind all the rest,
For he's with you clear up to the end,
And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test
If the guy in the glass is your friend.
You may be like Jack Horner and "chisel" a plum,
And think you're a wonderful guy,
But the man in the glass says you're only a bum
If you can't look him straight in the eye.
You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years,
And get pats on the back as you pass,
But your final reward will be heartaches and tears
If you've cheated the guy in the glass.

Dale Wimbrow (c) 1934

Get the enthusiasm going, don't get embroiled in what life has been before!

Take a stranglehold of your life and make it BIG!

The opportunities are.. Miracles waiting to happen, what are you waiting for.. You are the catalyst!?
Maxim Emmanuel.

Pick up yourself don't be a victim of self pity.

If you do need further professional advice happy to assist
https://m.me/maxim.emmanuel.2024