Advait

Advait Arora  |1263 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on Aug 07, 2023

Advait Arora has over 20 years of experience in direct investing in stock markets in India and overseas.
He holds a masters in IT management from the University Of Wollongong, Australia, and an MBA in marketing from Charles Strut University, NewCastle, Australia.
Rajesh Question by Rajesh on May 24, 2023Hindi

What should be done with Adani ent, AWL, Adani green stocks buy or not ?

Ans: I will hold Adani Ent for long term. rest can be sold if you like

Vivek

Vivek Shah  |60 Answers  |Ask -

Asked by Anonymous - Jan 27, 2023Hindi
Good Time To Buy Adani Stocks?
Ans: First of all we need to understand the questions being asked by Hindenberg and try to evaluate whether the allegation made by them makes any sense. If anyone goes through the Hindenberg report than the allegations and questions asked can be bifurcated into below broad categories:

1) Violations of Exchange and listed rules
2) Dubious Intra- Party Transactions
3) Use of Shell companies outside india ( Mauritius) to manuipulate the stock price
4) Money laundering through private Adani companies in listed companies of Adani inorder to look Balance sheet good.
5) Inexperienced Chartered accountants to audit the companies.
6) Using stocks as collateral for debt.

Looking at this points and also the allegations done by Hindenberg, i am fine to believe that there few acts which they taken for granted and manipulate the exchange and listing rules but calling Adani company as CON or Fraud is not what i would call this company. Companies margin are very low as compared to their cost of capital but being an infrastructure led company its takes long gestation period to realise the cash flows. Adani is playing important role in building infrasturcture in India with ports, power, airports etc and even though company is highly levered to build the assets and cash flow, the company has good physical assets in the balance sheet. Even though it may not a investible company for a retail invstor with the sort of volatility and margins they are earning.

Valuations are very much stretch with last 2 years price going to the roof. As a retail investor, one should avoid this company due to many uncertainties going forward.

Disclaimer: This is just for educational purpose and this should not be taken as advise for buy or sell.

I am 37 and my husband is 41....married for 13 years have a son ....12...and a daughter 10....want to have more kids ...but he has lots of familial...social and business responsibilities...also ...he smokes...but financially we both r comfortably well off..right now his business is a little difficult as he has to be in Mizoram...I am from central I doa n he is from Bangalore...I have lost both my parents....but have support of my siblings ..he has lots of issues with his mom sister... He has another wife n two daughters from her 6 and 4...that was a situation it happened...which I can't explain...right now...but anyways ...I have come to terms with it... What do I do to.convince him...he has already taken a lot of money and jewellery from me...plus inhave always been fulfilling joint family responsibilies...as all relatives kept coming to our house...wedding s engagements.and all...at our house....some wud even stay for months...now it's better but still our sex life...is very bad....very rare ..hardly any...he is good to me n is an upright man and an upright father ...
Ans: First, it’s important to take a step back and consider the broader context of your marriage. You’ve been together for 13 years and have built a life that includes managing extensive familial and social responsibilities. Your husband's current challenges with his business in Mizoram, coupled with his obligations from his other marriage and children, add layers of complexity. Recognizing and acknowledging these pressures is essential in understanding his potential hesitations.

When approaching the topic of expanding your family, try to create a space for open and honest dialogue. Choose a time when you both are relaxed and not distracted by daily stresses. Start by expressing your own feelings and desires gently. Share why having another child is important to you and how you envision it enriching your family. It’s helpful to frame this in terms of shared dreams and the joy that children bring, rather than focusing on it as a need or demand.

However, it’s equally important to listen to his perspective. Given the strain of his business and the complexities of managing multiple familial commitments, he might have valid concerns about adding more responsibilities. Explore these concerns with empathy and without judgment. Understanding his fears and pressures can open up avenues for finding solutions together.

Discussing his health, particularly his smoking, can also be a sensitive but necessary topic. Smoking can affect both his health and fertility, and it’s something that should be addressed openly. Encourage a conversation about his well-being, focusing on how improving health can benefit him personally and potentially improve your sex life, which you’ve noted has been infrequent. This could lead to exploring ways to enhance intimacy and connection, which might be a critical factor in your decision to have more children.

Financial stability, as you mentioned, is a positive aspect, but it’s essential to ensure that both of you feel emotionally and mentally prepared for another child. It might help to discuss how the financial aspects can support hiring help or making other arrangements to ease the burden of additional responsibilities.

Given the complexities with his other family, it's vital to consider how another child will impact all involved, including your existing children and his daughters from his other marriage. Ensuring that your household can provide the emotional support and stability for another child is crucial.

Given your supportive siblings, perhaps they could help in some ways, providing a bit of relief from your joint family responsibilities. This could potentially make the idea of expanding your family seem less daunting to your husband.

Finally, reflecting on your own needs and boundaries is equally important. If there are aspects of your relationship or family dynamics that feel unbalanced or unaddressed, consider seeking professional counseling. A therapist can provide a neutral space for both of you to explore these issues and find a path forward that honors both your desires and the realities of your life together.

In conclusion, approaching this conversation with empathy, understanding, and a readiness to listen and compromise is key. It’s about finding a balance that respects both of your wishes and the practicalities of your shared life.