Vivek

Vivek Lala  |251 Answers  |Ask -

Tax, MF Expert - Answered on Mar 24, 2024

Vivek Lala has been working as a tax planner since 2018. His expertise lies in making personalised tax budgets and tax forecasts for individuals. As a tax advisor, he takes pride in simplifying tax complications for his clients using simple, easy-to-understand language.

Dear Mr Jha... I have recently taken a mediclaim policy at the age of 50 along with my daughter who is now a major. Because I have taken it late, the premium is high. We are on a family policy now. Does it make better sense for us to have separate policies so that she gets the benefit of a lower premium?

Ans: Hello, the medical insurance policy premiums get revised in two cases : One at the time of increase in premiums by the reinsurer and second by the increase in age and they get revised at the interval of 5yrs i.e 30,35,40,45,50,55,60 and so on for the rest of your life ( there is an exception in the industry today for this as well )
If your daughter is seperated from your policy , the premium will go up rather than going down as now you have a family floater and post the seperation you will have individual policies which will be more expensive

PS : Please have adequate medical insurance with the least amount of capping in any case to get the full benefit of claim at the time of hospitalization

Sanjib

Sanjib Jha  | Answer  |Ask -

Insurance Expert - Answered on Oct 12, 2022

I am an employee of central govt. PSU. My family consists of myself, spouse, two minor children and mother. I am covered by a corporate group medical insurance policy for Rs 2 lakh with an additional emergency coverage of Rs 4 lakh by the employer. I also have a personal Family Floater policy for Rs 3 lakh and a Sr. Ctzn. Policy for Rs 1 lakh. I have not used the personal policies till date for any hospitalisation claim. I am aware that a claim exceeding the corporate policy limit can be claimed in the personal policy. Recently I was made to know that any planned hospitalisation exceeding the corporate claim limit, cannot be done using the second policy. I also know that there is a product called as top up policy which can be used in such cases. I have 8 years of remaining service where there is a medical insurance cover during the period. After retirement, the employer provides a basic policy of 1.5 lakh for the family. The same feels to be insufficient in today’s times. What would be your advice with regards to the existing medical insurance policies and their amounts? Should I need to undertake any tweaking of the policy amounts or switch to a top up policy?
Ans: Hi Pradeep, yours is a legit concern. It would be best if you take advice from a professional person or company – having the necessary qualifications -- after discussing your issue with them.

Insurance is each to its own. Depending on your concerns and requirements a professional service provider will be able to give you the best advice, whether to tweak policy amount or switch to top up.

I have a question could you please help me with this? As im 33 years old, recently took a 2cr term insurance for family protection. As im a corporate employee current company provides a health insurance for me and spouse. Im paying extra amount for parents health insurance in the same company beacuse it will be applicable from day 1. Should i take separate health insurance for me and spouse and parents as well. Note: parents are dependent on me Thanks
Ans: It's great that you've taken a term insurance policy for family protection. As a corporate employee, your company-provided health insurance for you and your spouse is a good benefit. However, relying solely on employer-provided health insurance may not be sufficient for several reasons.

First, employer-provided health insurance is contingent on your employment. If you switch jobs or face job loss, you may lose coverage, which can be risky. It's wise to have a separate health insurance policy for yourself and your spouse to ensure continuous coverage, regardless of employment status.

Second, company health insurance policies often have coverage limits that may not be adequate for severe or prolonged illnesses. A separate health insurance policy can provide higher coverage and more comprehensive benefits, ensuring better financial protection during medical emergencies.

Moreover, it's advantageous to take separate health insurance while you are still healthy. Securing a policy now means you'll likely get better coverage and lower premiums, which will benefit you significantly during retirement when health issues are more common.

Regarding your parents, since they are dependent on you, it's prudent to have a dedicated health insurance policy for them. Employer-provided health insurance might have limitations on the coverage for dependents, especially for senior citizens, and could be insufficient for their healthcare needs.

In summary, having separate health insurance for yourself, your spouse, and your parents ensures continuous, comprehensive coverage and financial protection against medical expenses, both now and in retirement.

Soft Skills Trainer - Answered on Jul 12, 2024

Hello sir my name is Santu Chakraborty.I am 34 year old now unmarried. My qualification is Bsc botany honours with 2nd class +diploma in mechanical engineering with distinction +btech in mechanical engineering from government engineering college west Bengal with 7.5 dgpa.I have 6 years of teaching experience in private diploma engineering college and now I working as a vocational teacher in automobile engineering department in gov high school.In my early phase of life I am going through lots of Misguide,seveare Anxiety issue. Nobody can help me on that phase.I recover mostly by my own after various dillema.I want to work in mechanical r and d company, Mechanical design basis company and also upgrade my teaching carrier. How can I start my journey at this age ?what is the risk factor also? Please tell me. I am very enthusiastic dedicated person. I have no guide in my home. My father is vegetable seller.
Ans: Hi Santu Chakraborty,

This is a really exhaustive query.

The journey thru' your acquisition of qualifications has been vast!

In the course of your life you are now suffering from SNIOP (SUSCEPTIBLE NEGATIVE INFLUENCE OTHER PEOPLE) this happens when you let others control your life.

I have this poem.. Especially for one's like you!

The Guy in the Glass

When you get what you want in your struggle for pelf,
And the world makes you King for a day,
Then go to the mirror and look at yourself,
And see what that guy has to say.
For it isn't your Father, or Mother, or Wife,
Who judgement upon you must pass.
The feller whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the guy staring back from the glass.
He's the feller to please, never mind all the rest,
For he's with you clear up to the end,
And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test
If the guy in the glass is your friend.
You may be like Jack Horner and "chisel" a plum,
And think you're a wonderful guy,
But the man in the glass says you're only a bum
If you can't look him straight in the eye.
You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years,
And get pats on the back as you pass,
But your final reward will be heartaches and tears
If you've cheated the guy in the glass.

Dale Wimbrow (c) 1934

Get the enthusiasm going, don't get embroiled in what life has been before!

Take a stranglehold of your life and make it BIG!

The opportunities are.. Miracles waiting to happen, what are you waiting for.. You are the catalyst!?
Maxim Emmanuel.

Pick up yourself don't be a victim of self pity.

If you do need further professional advice happy to assist
https://m.me/maxim.emmanuel.2024