Ulhas

Ulhas Joshi  |265 Answers  |Ask -

Mutual Fund Expert - Answered on Jul 20, 2023

With over 16 years of experience in the mutual fund industry, Ulhas Joshi has helped numerous clients choose the right funds and create wealth.
Prior to joining RankMF as CEO, he was vice president (sales) at IDBI Asset Management Ltd.
Rajit Question by Rajit on Jul 20, 2023Hindi

how much shall I invest in SIP on monthly basis considering my retirement at 60

Ans: Hello Rajit and thanks for writing to me. Please share relevant details like your current age, the amount you can invest monthly, your goals and risk appetite for me to recommend schemes.

I am 38 years I am planning to retire at 45 years with 2 Cr on corpus.let me know how much SIp I need to do as I am aggressive investor.
Ans: It's commendable that you're planning for an early retirement at 45 and aiming for a significant corpus of 2 Crores. As an aggressive investor, you're willing to take on higher risk for potentially higher returns.

To achieve your goal, you'll need to calculate the SIP amount based on factors like expected rate of return and investment horizon. Since you're aiming for an early retirement, you'll likely need to invest a substantial amount each month to reach your target.

As a Certified Financial Planner, I advise caution when aiming for aggressive investment goals. While higher risk can lead to higher returns, it also increases the possibility of volatility and potential losses.

Instead of providing a specific SIP amount here, I recommend scheduling a consultation with a CFP who can conduct a detailed analysis of your financial situation, risk tolerance, and investment goals.

During the consultation, your CFP will help determine the most appropriate investment strategy to maximize growth potential while managing risk effectively. They'll consider factors like asset allocation, diversification, and investment time horizon to tailor a plan that aligns with your objectives.

Remember, achieving financial goals requires discipline, patience, and a well-thought-out strategy. By working closely with a CFP, you can create a roadmap to reach your retirement target and secure your financial future.

Hi I am currently 50 years old... Could u guide me as to what amount of monthly SIP should I put and in to which funds so as to generate a monthly retirement payout of 2 lac every month at the age of 60 years
Ans: Planning for Retirement Income
Understanding Your Goal
Planning for a monthly retirement payout of 2 lakhs at the age of 60 is a commendable goal and requires careful financial planning.
Assessing Your Current Situation
As you're currently 50 years old, it's essential to evaluate your existing assets, liabilities, and investment portfolio to determine your financial standing.
Calculating Required Corpus
Estimating Retirement Corpus
To generate a monthly payout of 2 lakhs, you'll need to calculate the required retirement corpus based on your expected retirement age, life expectancy, inflation, and expected rate of return on investments.
Working with a Financial Planner
Consulting with a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) can help you determine the exact amount of monthly SIP required to achieve your retirement income goal.
Designing Your Investment Portfolio
SIP Amount and Fund Selection
Your monthly SIP amount will depend on factors such as your current savings, expected rate of return, and investment horizon.
A CFP can recommend a suitable asset allocation strategy and select appropriate mutual funds based on your risk tolerance, financial goals, and time horizon.
Diversification for Stability
Diversifying your portfolio across different asset classes, such as equities, debt, and possibly real estate or alternative investments, can provide stability and enhance returns over the long term.
Adjusting Your Financial Plan
Flexibility and Adaptability
It's crucial to periodically review and adjust your financial plan based on changing circumstances, market conditions, and personal goals.
A CFP can help you navigate through life transitions and unexpected events while staying on track towards your retirement objectives.
Planning for retirement requires careful consideration of various factors, including your age, financial situation, risk tolerance, and retirement income goals. By working with a CFP, you can develop a personalized financial plan tailored to your specific needs and aspirations, ensuring a secure and comfortable retirement lifestyle.