Sanjib

Sanjib Jha  | Answer  |Ask -

Insurance Expert - Answered on Oct 12, 2022

Aja Question by Aja on Oct 12, 2022Translate

Hello, can an NRI currently residing outside of INDIA AND SOON BE MOVING TO INDIA ON A PERMANENT BASIS BUY ABHICL SUPER TOP UP PLUS 95 L SI, 5L DEDUCTIBLE?

UPON READING PROSPECTUS for SUPER TOP UP POLICY ELIGIBILITY SECTION STATES NRIs working in INDIA CANNOT.

I need not look for a job in INDIA. I wish to build up my insurance kitty and seek to cover for myself SO THAT WHEN I LAND IN INDIA, I'M
SECURELY COVERED.

EMAILS SENT TO customer care AT ABHICL yielded no result.

THEY KEEP ASKING FOR POLICY NUMBER ON A REPITIVE BASIS. THEY SIMPLY LACK COMPREHENSION TO UNDERSTAND MY VERY BASIC QUESTION.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

Ans: Hi Aja, as an NRI, you are eligible to purchase health insurance policy in India, provided you can give proof of residence, ITR (income tax return) and other related documents.

Persons of Indian origin can also produce an Indian passport with other documents to purchase health insurance in India. However, while making the purchase read the policy document very thoroughly as it may have terms and conditions that are different from policies issued to non-NRI policy holders.

I am an NRI from Dubai. My queries: Can I avail of any health insurance from India? I often travel to India for 30 days at a stretch and would like to cover myself for any medical emergencies. I am 48 now.
Ans: Yes, you can definitely avail of health insurance from India as an NRI living in Dubai.

Many Indian insurance companies offer health insurance plans specifically designed for NRIs. These plans provide coverage specifically for medical expenses incurred during your visits to India. Here's what you need to know:

Benefits:

• Coverage for medical emergencies: These plans typically cover hospitalisation expenses, including room and board charges, surgeon fees, doctor consultations, and specific medical procedures.
• Flexibility: You can choose plans with varying sum insured amounts (coverage limit) to suit your needs.
• Renewal options: These plans are usually renewable, allowing you to continue coverage over your future visits to India.

Things to Consider:

• Coverage scope: These plans are generally valid only within India.
• Pre-existing conditions: Some plans may have exclusions for pre-existing conditions, so be sure to disclose your medical history accurately during the application process.
• Renewal requirements: Some insurers might require you to be physically present in India for renewal.

How to Buy:

• Online platforms: Many insurance companies offer online application options, allowing you to compare plans, choose the best fit, and purchase the plan directly.
• Insurance agents: You can also get in touch with a trusted insurance agent in India who can guide you through the process, compare options and help you choose the right plan.

Given your situation:

Considering your 30-day visits and your age (48), a short-term health insurance plan (also called travel medical insurance) might be a good option. These plans typically offer coverage for shorter durations and are generally more affordable than regular comprehensive health insurance.

Research and compare different plans offered by different companies to find one that fits your budget and provides the coverage you need.

Dear sir, I am currently 45 and just off from my dependents i.e., my 3 sisters out of which 2 were expecting my help to settle on their life - both my sisters off from their burden to an extent as their son started working and daughters were married to a decent families. I helped them by helping on their studies, marriage of my niece and assisted my nephew to buy a property (provided the advance or initial payment of 4 lacs). I haven't saved anything for my kids yet except a house , some jewellery about 50 sovereign and 1/2 ground land. My sisters and mother doesn't feel complete but I have informed it is not happening because I need to looks at my 2 kids 11 and 6. Besides, my wife is super supportive and never disputes or raised concerns. The ask is I have been working since childhood like 16 so feeling tired at times so I am planning to start my own businesses but still I am feeling jittery as I didn't save much for their studies etc. I am working in ites services so I feel like that I have 5 years max ahead. No politics in the office but I am stuck with no major opportunities. Please guide me on how to put a perspective and lead a clear way ahead as I am totally confused to be honest. Thanks in advance and please write back as this is my second time asking for suggestions.
Ans: It would really be good to answer you but I am confused as what to tell you because you have not mentioned any of your financial goals as such, I may not be of any help to you for your social obligations