Hemant

Hemant Bokil  |77 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on May 25, 2023

Hello My age is 46, My Salary is 120000 cash in hand and below are my expenses per month. As of now I don't have any investment can you suggest some plan as per my income and expenditure. House rent =22000, school fee 11000, EMI 24000.

Ans: kindly take a good family health cover
then buy at least 2 crores worth pure insurance
and start sips for Rs 40000 in total in UTI nifty 50 and ppfas flexi cap fund

I am Ashish aged 52. I recently resigned from my job. At present i have following investments Rs 42 L shares 77 L Mutual Fund 25 L in PPF 15 L in one SBI insurance policy. I am expected to get 39 L from PF and gratuity. Also expected to get 22 Lakhs from LIC in 2030 and pension from LIC @ 2500/ per month from 2027. I do not have any loans nor my child education is pending. My son is appearing for CA finals. Only Group 1 of Finals is pending. My wife is a professional baker and is making around 40 K per month. My monthly expenses are 60 k. Pls guide how can i plan. At present i have 29 K SIP which i am planning to continue and is not included in 60 K expenses
Ans: Ashish, you've built a solid foundation with your investments and your wife's entrepreneurial spirit. It's admirable how you've planned ahead, especially with your son's education and your retirement in mind. Now, as you transition into this new phase of life, it's time to ensure your financial security. Have you considered diversifying your investments to spread the risk? And with your son's CA finals approaching, perhaps setting aside some funds for his future endeavors could provide peace of mind. Remember, life is a journey, and financial planning is just one part of it. Cherish the moments with your loved ones and embrace the changes that come your way. A Certified Financial Planner can help navigate this journey with expertise and care. Stay focused, stay resilient, and may your future be as fulfilling as your past achievements.

Hi sir am 41yrs old and earning 91k per month and have saving of 1 lac . I have invested 15L in M.I.S ,6.38L in equities and 5k every month in s.i.p.I have two kids , am planning to buy house after 4 years worth 50L kindly tell me any investment plan ...so that I can cover the expense of kids education and marriage
Ans: It's great to see your proactive approach towards financial planning, especially considering your children's education and marriage expenses, as well as your goal of buying a house. Here's a tailored investment plan to help you achieve your objectives:

Education Fund for Children:
Open separate education funds or investment accounts for each child to save specifically for their education expenses.
Consider investing in Equity Mutual Funds or Equity Linked Saving Schemes (ELSS) for long-term growth potential, given your investment horizon.
Start a systematic investment plan (SIP) in diversified equity funds, aiming to accumulate sufficient funds by the time your children reach college age.
Marriage Fund for Children:
Similarly, create dedicated investment accounts for your children's marriage expenses to ensure you have adequate funds when needed.
Explore a mix of equity and debt investments based on your risk tolerance and time horizon.
Consider fixed-income instruments like Public Provident Fund (PPF), Fixed Deposits (FDs), or Debt Mutual Funds for stability and capital preservation.
House Purchase Fund:
Since you plan to buy a house in four years, focus on short to medium-term investment options to accumulate the required down payment.
Consider investing in Debt Mutual Funds or Fixed Maturity Plans (FMPs) for capital protection and relatively higher returns compared to traditional savings accounts.
Evaluate your risk appetite and liquidity needs when selecting investment vehicles for your house purchase fund.
Regular Review and Adjustment:
Periodically review your investment portfolio to ensure it remains aligned with your financial goals, risk tolerance, and time horizon.
Adjust your investment strategy as needed, considering changes in market conditions, personal circumstances, and goal priorities.
Maintain a separate emergency fund equivalent to at least six months' worth of living expenses to cover unforeseen financial challenges or expenses.
Keep this fund in a liquid and easily accessible account such as a savings account or liquid mutual fund.
Consult with Financial Advisor:
Consider consulting with a Certified Financial Planner or investment advisor to tailor an investment plan that suits your specific goals, risk profile, and financial situation.
A professional advisor can provide personalized guidance and help you navigate the complexities of investment planning, ensuring you make informed decisions.
By implementing a structured investment plan tailored to your goals and financial circumstances, you can work towards securing your children's future education and marriage expenses while also saving for your own house purchase. Stay disciplined in your savings and investment approach, and regularly monitor your progress towards achieving these important milestones

Hi Sir, I am 24 year unmarried earning monthly 50k. I have my depts till December with monthly 50k consists of loan 14000 and home 22000 and my rent and monthly expenses 15k for bachelor. Still I can mangebke with this salary till December.. everything will be completed. So from next January onwards I want to invest some of the money for future scope . Could you please give me a detailed planing about it. Regards Ganesh
Ans: Dear Ganesh,

Congratulations on nearing the end of your debt obligations. It’s commendable that you are planning ahead and thinking about investing for your future. At 24, you have a great opportunity to build a strong financial foundation. Here’s a detailed plan to help you start investing from January onwards.

Understanding Your Current Financial Situation
You earn Rs 50,000 per month. Currently, your expenses are as follows:

Loan Repayment: Rs 14,000
Home Loan: Rs 22,000
Rent and Monthly Expenses: Rs 15,000
Your total monthly expenses amount to Rs 51,000. You are managing these expenses well and will clear your debts by December. From January onwards, you will have more disposable income to invest.

Building an Emergency Fund
The first step in your financial journey should be to build an emergency fund. An emergency fund provides a safety net for unexpected expenses. Aim to save at least six months’ worth of living expenses.

Target Amount: Rs 90,000 (6 x Rs 15,000)
Monthly Contribution: Set aside a portion of your income each month until you reach this target.
Keep this fund in a liquid asset, such as a savings account or a liquid mutual fund, for easy access.

Budgeting and Saving
Effective budgeting is crucial for financial stability. Here’s how you can allocate your monthly income of Rs 50,000 from January:

Savings and Investments: 30% (Rs 15,000)
Emergency Fund: 10% (Rs 5,000)
Rent and Living Expenses: 30% (Rs 15,000)
Discretionary Spending: 20% (Rs 10,000)
Insurance and Miscellaneous: 10% (Rs 5,000)
This allocation ensures you save and invest a significant portion while covering your expenses.

Investing for the Future
Investing is key to building wealth over time. Here are some investment strategies to consider:

A SIP allows you to invest a fixed amount regularly in mutual funds. It’s a disciplined way to build wealth and averages the cost of investment over time.

Equity Mutual Funds: These funds invest in stocks and offer high returns. They are suitable for long-term goals.
Debt Mutual Funds: These funds invest in fixed-income securities, providing stable returns. They balance the risk in your portfolio.
Balanced Funds: These funds invest in a mix of equities and debt, offering growth with reduced risk.
Investing through SIPs can help you achieve your financial goals while mitigating market volatility.

While index funds provide diversification at low cost, actively managed funds can potentially offer higher returns. Professional fund managers actively select and manage stocks, aiming to outperform the market.

Expert Management: Fund managers have the expertise to select high-potential stocks.
Flexibility: Actively managed funds can adjust their portfolios based on market conditions.
By investing in actively managed funds through a Mutual Fund Distributor (MFD) with a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) credential, you can benefit from professional guidance and tailored investment strategies.

Insurance and Risk Management
Insurance is essential to protect your financial well-being. Here are key insurance strategies:

Ensure you have adequate health insurance coverage. Medical expenses can be significant, and health insurance provides financial protection.

Coverage Amount: At least Rs 5 lakhs
Family Coverage: Consider a family floater plan if you have dependents.
Life Insurance
Life insurance is crucial if you have dependents. A term insurance plan offers high coverage at a low premium.

Coverage Amount: At least 10 times your annual income.
Term Insurance: Provides financial security to your family in case of an unforeseen event.
Effective tax planning can help you save money and increase your net worth. Here are some tax-saving strategies:

Section 80C
Invest in tax-saving instruments to avail deductions under Section 80C.

Public Provident Fund (PPF): Offers attractive interest rates and tax benefits.
Equity-Linked Savings Scheme (ELSS): Mutual funds with a lock-in period of three years, offering high returns and tax benefits.
Section 80D
Claim deductions on health insurance premiums paid for yourself and your family under Section 80D.

Long-Term Financial Goals
Setting clear long-term financial goals is essential. Here are some common goals to consider:

Start investing for your retirement early to build a substantial corpus.

Employee Provident Fund (EPF): Contribute to EPF if you are employed.
National Pension System (NPS): Offers a mix of equity, corporate bonds, and government securities with tax benefits.
Purchasing a House
If you plan to buy a house, start saving for the down payment early. Consider saving in a dedicated account for this purpose.

Children’s Education
If you plan to have children, start an education fund early. Investing in child-specific plans or mutual funds can help you build a corpus for their education.

Regular Financial Review
Regularly reviewing your financial plan is crucial to stay on track to achieve your goals. Here are some tips:

Annual Review: Conduct an annual review of your financial plan. Assess your progress and make necessary adjustments.
Life Changes: Update your financial plan in response to significant life changes like marriage, birth of a child, or a change in employment.
Market Conditions: Stay informed about market conditions and adjust your investments accordingly. Consult with a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) to get professional advice.
Avoiding Common Financial Pitfalls
To achieve financial success, it's essential to avoid common financial pitfalls:

High-Interest Debt: Avoid taking on high-interest debt. It can strain your finances and reduce your ability to save and invest.
Impulse Purchases: Stick to your financial plan and avoid impulsive spending. Discipline is crucial for long-term financial success.
Ignoring Inflation: Factor in inflation when planning your savings and investments. Inflation can erode the purchasing power of your money over time.
The Benefits of Regular Funds Through MFD with CFP Credential
Investing in regular funds through a Mutual Fund Distributor (MFD) with a CFP credential offers several advantages:

Professional Guidance: Access to expert advice and personalized investment strategies.
Active Management: Benefit from the expertise of fund managers who actively select and manage stocks.
Convenience: MFDs handle the administrative aspects of your investments, making the process hassle-free.
Planning your finances is a continuous process that requires regular review and adjustment. By managing your expenses, saving diligently, investing wisely, and ensuring adequate insurance coverage, you can achieve your financial goals and secure your future.

Your proactive approach to financial planning is commendable. Continue to educate yourself on financial matters and seek professional advice when needed. Remember, a well-planned financial strategy can provide you with peace of mind and a secure future.

I am 29 year old bengali female married to a Bihar guy. We know each other since college and we have been married for 3 years. Things began to turn bitter after few months of our marriage. My husband is a govt. Employee has seen extreme poverty in his childhood. I belong to upper middle class family. Both of our parents were against our marriage. Now his family especially mother pressurise him for money that is beyond our reach. She thinks I stop him to give money. She constantly abuses my husband. He has two elder brother who are good for nothing,both are married have kids and even they expect financial help from us. I am very tensed we can't even think of spending a penny for our personal enjoyment. My husband understands all these but everytime falls into prey of my MIL'S emotional drama. She fakes illness or fights for money. I can't even share this with my family.

I am very sorry to hear that you are in such a situation. It is indeed a very complex situation. Financial troubles can disrupt marital bliss. But it has to be addressed, even if it leads to conflicts. Speak to your husband about your concerns. Politely tell him that his family's demands and his response to them are causing a financial crisis in your home. Sit together and discuss how much financial support can you provide to his family and what's beyond reasonable. Have a monthly budget and since his family will continue asking for money, keep some money (what you have decided together) for the same. Keep an emergency fund and most importantly, have a decent amount of savings.

After all these discussions, if things still don't change, consider going for marriage counseling. You gave up an affluent life to be with him; he can surely give up certain things that are clearly unreasonable. A third neutral party can point this out without you having to say it.

You can also suggest your husband push his family members to get better jobs so that they can provide for themselves. Besides everything, don't forget to take care of yourself. Be in touch with your family and share your worries with someone close to you. And maintain regular check-ins with your husband. It can't be easy on him either.

Which institution is best to subscribe for online prepation of JEE. Candidate here has also joined a offline/regular classes in a small town. Please suggest.
Ans: ALLEN Online Test Series. User-friendly / Instant Result with Answers and Time Taken for Each Question.

Some IMPORTANT Preparation Strategies for JEE Preparation: (Wherever the Subject 'You' is used here, it refers for your Candidate). (1) Whenever you study at home, study for 45-minutes. Then take a break of 10-minutes when you can move away from your study table, walk, have some water & relax. If you continue studying beyond 45-minutes, your concentration power will go down, resulting to low output. Most students commit this mistake. (2) On daily basis (morning or evening whichever will be convenient to you), do yoga or meditation or physical exercises or play any games / sports for at least 30-45 minutes. This will further reduce your stress / distractions. (3) Study tough topics / tough subjects (applicable to you) early morning with your fresh mind. (4) Eat a lot of green vegetables / fruits which you can afford for & avoid soft drinks (5) Every day nigh, before going to bed, revise whatever you have studied during the day. (6) Also, revise every week whatever you have covered till date (here your short-notes which you should prepare will be helpful). (7) Keep practizing questions on topics which you have covered either offline or online (8) Give utmost importance to wrongly answered / difficult / complicated / tough questions and have a separate note-book specially for this for each subject (PCM) (8) You might be aware that JEE rank is allotted on the basis of highest score in Maths, followed by Physics & Chemistry. Practice more and more in Maths, till you reach Speed & Accuracy (9) By the end of 11th / 12th standard (December-January), attempt fully syllabus online test series, evaluate and analyze your performance such as, (a) which topic / unit / concept you are weak which needs your revision and improvement as this will disturb you when you appear in actual JEE exam (b) abnormal time taken to attempt any question which you can come to know from Online Test Series which you should reduce (c) which questions you skipped and why? (10) Make 100% utilization of 'Doubt Clearing Sessions' of Offline Class you have joined. All the BEST.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, please ask / FOLLOW me in RediffGURU here.

I am 37 years old , and having 2.10 lacs salary in hand, I have SIP of Rs. 20k, apart from SIP I have invested in stock current market value is 10L, I have three flats which is cost approx 2.5 cr, i have a home loan as well of 35 lacs. Kindly guide me how I can achieve the milestone of 10 crore corpus in next 15 years.
Ans: Achieving a significant corpus like Rs. 10 crores in 15 years requires careful planning, disciplined investing, and leveraging various assets and investment avenues. Let's explore a comprehensive strategy to reach this financial milestone.

Current Financial Snapshot
Income and Investments
At 37 years old, with a salary of Rs. 2.10 lakhs per month, you have a solid foundation. Here's a snapshot of your current investments:

SIP Investment: Rs. 20,000 per month
Stock Investments: Current market value of Rs. 10 lakhs
Real Estate Holdings: Three flats valued at approximately Rs. 2.5 crores
Liabilities: Home loan of Rs. 35 lakhs
Strategic Roadmap to Achieve Rs. 10 Crore Corpus
1. Optimize Investment Portfolio
Review Existing Investments
Evaluate the performance and alignment of your current investments with long-term goals:

Stocks: Assess the potential for growth and consider diversification if necessary.
Real Estate: While real estate is valuable, ensure it aligns with your liquidity needs and financial goals. Consider rental income potential versus capital appreciation.
SIPs: Continue disciplined investing. Evaluate if the current SIP amount needs to be increased to meet the Rs. 10 crore target.
2. Increase Savings and Investments
Maximizing Monthly Contributions
Increase SIP Amount: Depending on your surplus income, consider increasing the SIP amount gradually. This accelerates wealth accumulation.
Bonus and Windfalls: Direct any windfall gains towards investments rather than discretionary spending.
3. Diversification and Risk Management
Balancing Risk and Return
Asset Allocation: Diversify across asset classes such as equity, debt, and possibly alternative investments like gold or international funds.
Risk Management: Regularly review and rebalance the portfolio to mitigate risks associated with market volatility.
4. Debt Management
Addressing Home Loan
Early Repayment: Explore options to accelerate home loan repayment to reduce interest burden and improve cash flow for investments.
Debt Consolidation: Consolidate high-interest debts if applicable to streamline finances and improve liquidity for investments.
5. Investment Avenues
Exploring Options Beyond SIPs
Equity Mutual Funds: Actively managed funds can potentially outperform passive funds like index funds due to strategic decisions by fund managers.
Debt Instruments: Consider debt funds for stability and regular income, balancing the portfolio against equity market fluctuations.
Systematic Transfer Plans (STP): Utilize STPs to stagger lump sum investments into equity funds, reducing timing risks.
6. Professional Guidance and Monitoring
Leveraging Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
Holistic Financial Planning: Engage with a CFP to develop a customized financial plan considering income, investments, goals, and risk appetite.
Periodic Reviews: Regularly review investment performance and adjust strategies based on changing life circumstances and market conditions.
Addressing Existing Policies and Investments
7. Insurance and Investment Policies
Surrender and Reinvest
LIC, ULIPs, Investment cum Insurance Policies: Evaluate existing policies for surrender value and consider reinvesting in more lucrative investment avenues like mutual funds for better returns.
Legal and Recovery Aspects
8. Recovering Debt
Legal Recourse
Documentation: Gather all evidence and communication related to the debt owed by your friend.
Legal Consultation: Seek legal advice to explore options like sending legal notices, mediation, or filing a suit in a court of law if necessary.
Financial Impact: While pursuing legal action, continue focusing on building your financial assets through disciplined investments.
Achieving a corpus of Rs. 10 crores in 15 years demands a balanced approach involving disciplined savings, strategic investments, and proactive debt management. Leveraging existing assets like stocks and real estate alongside increasing SIPs and exploring diverse investment avenues is key. Engaging with a Certified Financial Planner ensures a structured approach, optimizing your path towards financial independence and security.

Dr Hemalata

Dr Hemalata Arora  |194 Answers  |Ask -

General Physician - Answered on Jun 21, 2024

I am 77 years old. I was taking medicine for high BP from the age of 50 years.I was very active doing yoga regularly in the morning and doing walk in the evening. I do not smoke and do not drink as well. I am a person with height weight normal as per the standard chart. I was very active doing my job and never use to get tired. I worked for six years in Central Govt, thirty years in PSU and seventeen years in Private Organisations. I used to believe that " a Person should never retire from work". I stopped going to work from March 2020 after the Covid 19 spread in India. During a routine check up, my doctor mentioned on my prescription as "Stable Angina". I asked about it but he replied, it is nothing, do not worry. I was not having any pain etc. But this remark of Stable Angina. was written on my prescription on every visit. In June 2022, I got a CT Angiography done just to know the deposits in my arteries. It was found to be more in all the five arteries. But I had no symptoms of any pain or breathlessness while moving or working.In August 2022, I got some problem in my left eye, went to eye specialist, he observed a little deposit in eye nerve. He tried to break it but could not. I went for Angiography. All the arteries were found with deposits but still I had no pain etc. I was operated for Heart By pass Surgery on 22.9.22 and released from Hospital on 1.10.22. I was put on High Protein Diet. During Jan 23 to July 23, my Blood Urea Nitrogen & Urea got up the required level.High Protein Diet was stopped and advised take more Fruits. BUN & Urea came normal. More fruits were being taken. It caused potassium level to go up. Then in fruits also restriction imposed on banana, coconut water & citrus fruits. Now I am on restricted diet. BUN & Urea are normal but potassium remains fluctuating. Now I am alright but feel very weak. I do little walk but get tired soon. I am not able to do yoga due to low energy. Vitamin supplements are being taken but not getting strength. Even feels stability problem. While standing feels giddiness and feels that i may fall. I am also feeling severe pain in my arms muscles. Now I am taking medicines for BP, Cholesterol, Blood Thinner, Enlarged Prostrate Gland, Vitamin supplement. I always think why I am feeling so many problems after Heart Bye Pass Surgery. Please advise.
Ans: I feel you need your medications adjusted. They're probably making you feel like this.