Vivek

Vivek Lala  |251 Answers  |Ask -

Tax, MF Expert - Answered on May 10, 2023

Vivek Lala has been working as a tax planner since 2018. His expertise lies in making personalised tax budgets and tax forecasts for individuals. As a tax advisor, he takes pride in simplifying tax complications for his clients using simple, easy-to-understand language.

Hello My Salary is 120000 cash in hand and below are my expenses per month. As of now I don't have any investment can you suggest some plan as per my income and expenditure. House rent =22000, school fee 11000, EMI 24000.

Ans: AS per my understanding you can have the following funds
Mid cap - 20%
Small cap - 20%
Large and mid cap - 15%
Consumption fund - 10%
Multi cap - 10%
SBI children's fund investment plan - 10%
Short term fund - 10%
Term and medical insurance - 5% - Since you have kids and a loan.

Please note that these suggestions are based on your stated goals and the information you provided. It is always a good idea to consult with a financial advisor in person to better understand your risk tolerance, time horizon, and specific financial goals.

I am Ashish aged 52. I recently resigned from my job. At present i have following investments Rs 42 L shares 77 L Mutual Fund 25 L in PPF 15 L in one SBI insurance policy. I am expected to get 39 L from PF and gratuity. Also expected to get 22 Lakhs from LIC in 2030 and pension from LIC @ 2500/ per month from 2027. I do not have any loans nor my child education is pending. My son is appearing for CA finals. Only Group 1 of Finals is pending. My wife is a professional baker and is making around 40 K per month. My monthly expenses are 60 k. Pls guide how can i plan. At present i have 29 K SIP which i am planning to continue and is not included in 60 K expenses
Ans: Ashish, you've built a solid foundation with your investments and your wife's entrepreneurial spirit. It's admirable how you've planned ahead, especially with your son's education and your retirement in mind. Now, as you transition into this new phase of life, it's time to ensure your financial security. Have you considered diversifying your investments to spread the risk? And with your son's CA finals approaching, perhaps setting aside some funds for his future endeavors could provide peace of mind. Remember, life is a journey, and financial planning is just one part of it. Cherish the moments with your loved ones and embrace the changes that come your way. A Certified Financial Planner can help navigate this journey with expertise and care. Stay focused, stay resilient, and may your future be as fulfilling as your past achievements.

Hi sir am 41yrs old and earning 91k per month and have saving of 1 lac . I have invested 15L in M.I.S ,6.38L in equities and 5k every month in s.i.p.I have two kids , am planning to buy house after 4 years worth 50L kindly tell me any investment plan ...so that I can cover the expense of kids education and marriage
Ans: It's great to see your proactive approach towards financial planning, especially considering your children's education and marriage expenses, as well as your goal of buying a house. Here's a tailored investment plan to help you achieve your objectives:

Education Fund for Children:
Open separate education funds or investment accounts for each child to save specifically for their education expenses.
Consider investing in Equity Mutual Funds or Equity Linked Saving Schemes (ELSS) for long-term growth potential, given your investment horizon.
Start a systematic investment plan (SIP) in diversified equity funds, aiming to accumulate sufficient funds by the time your children reach college age.
Marriage Fund for Children:
Similarly, create dedicated investment accounts for your children's marriage expenses to ensure you have adequate funds when needed.
Explore a mix of equity and debt investments based on your risk tolerance and time horizon.
Consider fixed-income instruments like Public Provident Fund (PPF), Fixed Deposits (FDs), or Debt Mutual Funds for stability and capital preservation.
House Purchase Fund:
Since you plan to buy a house in four years, focus on short to medium-term investment options to accumulate the required down payment.
Consider investing in Debt Mutual Funds or Fixed Maturity Plans (FMPs) for capital protection and relatively higher returns compared to traditional savings accounts.
Evaluate your risk appetite and liquidity needs when selecting investment vehicles for your house purchase fund.
Regular Review and Adjustment:
Periodically review your investment portfolio to ensure it remains aligned with your financial goals, risk tolerance, and time horizon.
Adjust your investment strategy as needed, considering changes in market conditions, personal circumstances, and goal priorities.
Maintain a separate emergency fund equivalent to at least six months' worth of living expenses to cover unforeseen financial challenges or expenses.
Keep this fund in a liquid and easily accessible account such as a savings account or liquid mutual fund.
Consult with Financial Advisor:
Consider consulting with a Certified Financial Planner or investment advisor to tailor an investment plan that suits your specific goals, risk profile, and financial situation.
A professional advisor can provide personalized guidance and help you navigate the complexities of investment planning, ensuring you make informed decisions.
By implementing a structured investment plan tailored to your goals and financial circumstances, you can work towards securing your children's future education and marriage expenses while also saving for your own house purchase. Stay disciplined in your savings and investment approach, and regularly monitor your progress towards achieving these important milestones

Hi Sir, I am 24 year unmarried earning monthly 50k. I have my depts till December with monthly 50k consists of loan 14000 and home 22000 and my rent and monthly expenses 15k for bachelor. Still I can mangebke with this salary till December.. everything will be completed. So from next January onwards I want to invest some of the money for future scope . Could you please give me a detailed planing about it. Regards Ganesh
Ans: Dear Ganesh,

Congratulations on nearing the end of your debt obligations. It’s commendable that you are planning ahead and thinking about investing for your future. At 24, you have a great opportunity to build a strong financial foundation. Here’s a detailed plan to help you start investing from January onwards.

Understanding Your Current Financial Situation
You earn Rs 50,000 per month. Currently, your expenses are as follows:

Loan Repayment: Rs 14,000
Home Loan: Rs 22,000
Rent and Monthly Expenses: Rs 15,000
Your total monthly expenses amount to Rs 51,000. You are managing these expenses well and will clear your debts by December. From January onwards, you will have more disposable income to invest.

Building an Emergency Fund
The first step in your financial journey should be to build an emergency fund. An emergency fund provides a safety net for unexpected expenses. Aim to save at least six months’ worth of living expenses.

Target Amount: Rs 90,000 (6 x Rs 15,000)
Monthly Contribution: Set aside a portion of your income each month until you reach this target.
Keep this fund in a liquid asset, such as a savings account or a liquid mutual fund, for easy access.

Budgeting and Saving
Effective budgeting is crucial for financial stability. Here’s how you can allocate your monthly income of Rs 50,000 from January:

Savings and Investments: 30% (Rs 15,000)
Emergency Fund: 10% (Rs 5,000)
Rent and Living Expenses: 30% (Rs 15,000)
Discretionary Spending: 20% (Rs 10,000)
Insurance and Miscellaneous: 10% (Rs 5,000)
This allocation ensures you save and invest a significant portion while covering your expenses.

Investing for the Future
Investing is key to building wealth over time. Here are some investment strategies to consider:

A SIP allows you to invest a fixed amount regularly in mutual funds. It’s a disciplined way to build wealth and averages the cost of investment over time.

Equity Mutual Funds: These funds invest in stocks and offer high returns. They are suitable for long-term goals.
Debt Mutual Funds: These funds invest in fixed-income securities, providing stable returns. They balance the risk in your portfolio.
Balanced Funds: These funds invest in a mix of equities and debt, offering growth with reduced risk.
Investing through SIPs can help you achieve your financial goals while mitigating market volatility.

While index funds provide diversification at low cost, actively managed funds can potentially offer higher returns. Professional fund managers actively select and manage stocks, aiming to outperform the market.

Expert Management: Fund managers have the expertise to select high-potential stocks.
Flexibility: Actively managed funds can adjust their portfolios based on market conditions.
By investing in actively managed funds through a Mutual Fund Distributor (MFD) with a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) credential, you can benefit from professional guidance and tailored investment strategies.

Insurance and Risk Management
Insurance is essential to protect your financial well-being. Here are key insurance strategies:

Ensure you have adequate health insurance coverage. Medical expenses can be significant, and health insurance provides financial protection.

Coverage Amount: At least Rs 5 lakhs
Family Coverage: Consider a family floater plan if you have dependents.
Life Insurance
Life insurance is crucial if you have dependents. A term insurance plan offers high coverage at a low premium.

Coverage Amount: At least 10 times your annual income.
Term Insurance: Provides financial security to your family in case of an unforeseen event.
Effective tax planning can help you save money and increase your net worth. Here are some tax-saving strategies:

Section 80C
Invest in tax-saving instruments to avail deductions under Section 80C.

Public Provident Fund (PPF): Offers attractive interest rates and tax benefits.
Equity-Linked Savings Scheme (ELSS): Mutual funds with a lock-in period of three years, offering high returns and tax benefits.
Section 80D
Claim deductions on health insurance premiums paid for yourself and your family under Section 80D.

Long-Term Financial Goals
Setting clear long-term financial goals is essential. Here are some common goals to consider:

Start investing for your retirement early to build a substantial corpus.

Employee Provident Fund (EPF): Contribute to EPF if you are employed.
National Pension System (NPS): Offers a mix of equity, corporate bonds, and government securities with tax benefits.
Purchasing a House
If you plan to buy a house, start saving for the down payment early. Consider saving in a dedicated account for this purpose.

Children’s Education
If you plan to have children, start an education fund early. Investing in child-specific plans or mutual funds can help you build a corpus for their education.

Regular Financial Review
Regularly reviewing your financial plan is crucial to stay on track to achieve your goals. Here are some tips:

Annual Review: Conduct an annual review of your financial plan. Assess your progress and make necessary adjustments.
Life Changes: Update your financial plan in response to significant life changes like marriage, birth of a child, or a change in employment.
Market Conditions: Stay informed about market conditions and adjust your investments accordingly. Consult with a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) to get professional advice.
Avoiding Common Financial Pitfalls
To achieve financial success, it's essential to avoid common financial pitfalls:

High-Interest Debt: Avoid taking on high-interest debt. It can strain your finances and reduce your ability to save and invest.
Impulse Purchases: Stick to your financial plan and avoid impulsive spending. Discipline is crucial for long-term financial success.
Ignoring Inflation: Factor in inflation when planning your savings and investments. Inflation can erode the purchasing power of your money over time.
The Benefits of Regular Funds Through MFD with CFP Credential
Investing in regular funds through a Mutual Fund Distributor (MFD) with a CFP credential offers several advantages:

Professional Guidance: Access to expert advice and personalized investment strategies.
Active Management: Benefit from the expertise of fund managers who actively select and manage stocks.
Convenience: MFDs handle the administrative aspects of your investments, making the process hassle-free.
Planning your finances is a continuous process that requires regular review and adjustment. By managing your expenses, saving diligently, investing wisely, and ensuring adequate insurance coverage, you can achieve your financial goals and secure your future.

Your proactive approach to financial planning is commendable. Continue to educate yourself on financial matters and seek professional advice when needed. Remember, a well-planned financial strategy can provide you with peace of mind and a secure future.