I am 47 yrs. The present valuation of my MF investment is 53 lakhs and I put in 50k monthly in SIPs. What will be the corpus at my retirement? Apart from this I have a loan free house in Gurgaon. I live in my owned house for which I am paying an EMI of 93k and an outstanding loan of 89lakhs pending against it. I have two term insurance of 99lkhs and 1.5cr. My PPF corpus is 20lakhs and will be maturing in2026. EPF corpus is 3 lakhs with 7000 monthly contribution. I have a son who's will be graduating from school next year.Is my investment plan on track?

Ans: Evaluating Your Investment Plan and Retirement Corpus

You have done a commendable job in planning your finances. Your disciplined approach to SIP investments and maintaining term insurance shows financial prudence.

Current Financial Situation
Mutual Fund Investments
Present Value: Rs. 53 lakhs
SIP: Rs. 50,000 monthly
Real Estate
Loan-free house in Gurgaon
Own house with an EMI of Rs. 93,000
Outstanding loan: Rs. 89 lakhs
Insurance and Provident Funds
Term Insurance: Rs. 99 lakhs and Rs. 1.5 crores
PPF Corpus: Rs. 20 lakhs (maturing in 2026)
EPF Corpus: Rs. 3 lakhs with a monthly contribution of Rs. 7,000
Future Financial Goals
Son’s Education
Your son will be graduating from school next year. Planning for higher education expenses is crucial.

You are 47 years old and need to estimate the retirement corpus based on your current investments and contributions.

Estimating Retirement Corpus
Mutual Fund Corpus at Retirement
Assuming an average annual return of 12% on your mutual fund investments:

Current Value: Rs. 53 lakhs
Monthly SIP: Rs. 50,000
Investment Period: 13 years (till age 60)
Using the compound interest formula and considering SIP contributions, the estimated corpus at retirement can be calculated.

PPF Maturity
Your PPF corpus of Rs. 20 lakhs will mature in 2026. Assuming no further contributions, it will be available for reinvestment or expenses.

EPF Corpus
Your EPF contributions and corpus will continue to grow. Assuming an average annual return of 8%, it will add to your retirement corpus.

Managing Existing Loans
Home Loan EMI
You have an outstanding loan of Rs. 89 lakhs with an EMI of Rs. 93,000. Reducing this liability should be a priority to enhance your cash flow.

Prepayment Strategy
Consider prepaying your home loan with any surplus funds or bonuses. This will reduce the interest burden and EMI amount.

Insurance Adequacy
Term Insurance
You have adequate term insurance coverage. Ensure the coverage amount remains sufficient to meet your family’s needs in your absence.

Review your health insurance coverage. Ensure it is adequate to cover medical emergencies and rising healthcare costs.

Investment Strategy Review
Ensure your investments are diversified across different asset classes to manage risk effectively.

Mutual Fund Portfolio
Review your mutual fund portfolio periodically. Consult a Certified Financial Planner to ensure your funds align with your risk profile and financial goals.

Planning for Son’s Education
Education Fund
Start a dedicated education fund for your son. Consider investing in balanced or hybrid funds to manage risk while aiming for growth.

SIP for Education
Continue SIPs specifically earmarked for your son’s higher education. This will help in accumulating the required corpus systematically.

Efficient Tax Strategies
Utilize tax-saving investment options to maximize returns. Proper tax planning can significantly enhance your overall portfolio performance.

Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
Consult a Certified Financial Planner for personalized advice. They can help you navigate complex financial decisions and achieve your long-term goals.

Your investment plan is on the right track. Continue with disciplined investing, manage your loans, and consult a professional for tailored advice. With strategic planning, you can achieve a comfortable retirement and secure your family’s future.

Hi Anil, I am 43 years old. I have a monthly sip of 35k going on. I have started investing in mutual fund and sip from year 2013. Total mutual fund plus sip current market value is 1 core 9 lakhs . I plan to invest 35 k per month more for 7 to 8 years , when i want to leave job and do something else. Can you tell me what will be my corpus in 7 to 8 years down the line taking both current valution plus what i am going to continue investing?Also, i have another 1 corore total in other investment like Voluntary provident fund, Epf, ppf and esops from my company and pension fund . Here i do a monthly investment of around 80 k via mostly through company for tax savings. So what will be my total corpus after 7 to 8 yrs. Also, is it good for retirement considering my current monthly expense us 1 lakh.
Ans: To estimate your corpus after 7 to 8 years, let's assume an average annual return on your mutual fund SIPs at 10-12% and a similar return on your other investments.

For Mutual Funds:

Future Value of Current Investments: Using the future value formula, considering an average return of 10-12%, your current 1.09 crore can grow to approximately 2.2 - 2.5 crores in 7-8 years.
Future Value of Additional SIPs: Investing 35k per month for 7-8 years, at an average return of 10-12%, you could accumulate around 50 - 60 lakhs from SIPs alone.
For Other Investments:

Future Value of Current Investments: Assuming an average annual return of 10-12%, your current 1 crore can grow to approximately 2 - 2.4 crores.
Future Value of Additional Investments: With 80k monthly investments for 7-8 years, at an average return of 10-12%, you could accumulate around 1.5 - 1.8 crores.
Total Corpus After 7-8 Years: Combining both, your total corpus could range from 5.2 - 6.2 crores.

Retirement Planning:
Considering your monthly expense is 1 lakh, with a corpus of 5.2 - 6.2 crores, you can generate approximately 40-50k per month (assuming a 7-8% withdrawal rate) post-retirement. This should be sufficient considering your current expenses, but inflation and unforeseen expenses should also be considered.

It's advisable to consult a financial advisor for a detailed plan tailored to your needs, considering inflation, tax implications, and other factors.

Financial Planner - Answered on Sep 20, 2023

Hi Sanjeev, I am 43 years old. I have a monthly sip of 35k going on. I have started investing in mutual fund and sip from year 2013. Total mutual fund plus sip current market value is 1 core 9 lakhs . I plan to invest 35 k per month more for 7 to 8 years , when i want to leave job and do something else. Can you tell me what will be my corpus in 7 to 8 years down the line taking both current valution plus what i am going to continue investing?Also, i have another 1 corore total in other investment like Voluntary provident fund, Epf, ppf and esops from my company and pension fund . Here i do a monthly investment of around 80 k via mostly through company for tax savings. So what will be my total corpus after 7 to 8 yrs. Also, is it good for retirement considering my current monthly expense us 1 lakh.
Ans: It is really great to see that you have started to plan for your post-retirement life and you have accumulated ample amount till now.

If you continue in the same way with a monthly SIP of Rs. 80,000, I am convinced that you will have enough corpus to support yourself throughout retirement.

Accumulated corpus in 8 years with monthly investment of 80,000 and present value 1.09 Crore will likely be 4.12 Crores. Rate of return considered for the calculation is 12% CAGR.

Assuming that you want to maintain your current monthly expense of ₹1 lakh in retirement, it is important to factor in inflation, which will erode the value of your money over time.

Since you have other avenues as well to support your expenses, this will help to create a heftier corpus.

Recommendations:
• Invest in a mix of equity and debt mutual funds to diversify your portfolio and reduce risk.
• Rebalance your portfolio regularly to maintain your appropriate asset allocation as per your requirement.
• Consult with a financial advisor to develop a comprehensive retirement plan.

Dear Sir, I am 42yrs old and a regular investor of MF SIP plan. As of now I am investing 1 lakh per month in various MF SIP schemes and am willing to continue this for next 18 years till i retire. Apart from this I have below corpus available with myself FD - 2.83 cr MF - Fund value as of now - 70 lakh PPF + EPF - 45 lakh Loans - Nil House - 2 houses already (1 i stay and from another i get 23k rent per month) Medical Insurance - 10 lakh for family floater + corporate insurance from my company Life Insurance - Please advise will it be sufficient enough to accumulate a corpus of INR 10 cr by the next 18 years when i am retiring so that I can use the SWP method and live my life peacefully.
Ans: Financial Assessment and Recommendations

Current Financial Snapshot:

At 42 years old, you're making substantial investments in Mutual Fund SIPs, totaling 1 lakh per month. Additionally, you have a significant corpus from Fixed Deposits (FD), Mutual Funds (MF), Public Provident Fund (PPF), and Employees' Provident Fund (EPF). You also benefit from rental income and have adequate insurance coverage.

Goal Analysis:

Your primary goal is to accumulate a corpus of INR 10 crores by the time you retire in 18 years. This corpus will be used for a Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP) to maintain your lifestyle post-retirement.

Assessment and Recommendations:

SIP Investments:

Your consistent investment of 1 lakh per month in MF SIPs is commendable. Continue this disciplined approach as it will significantly contribute to your retirement corpus.
Corpus Analysis:

Your current corpus, including FDs, MFs, PPF, and EPF, is substantial and will continue to grow over the next 18 years.
Review the performance of your MF investments periodically and consider rebalancing if necessary to optimize returns.
Rental Income:

The rental income from your second house adds to your cash flow and can be reinvested to boost your retirement corpus further.
Insurance Coverage:

Your medical and life insurance coverage appears adequate for your family's needs. However, periodically review your policies to ensure they keep pace with inflation and changing life circumstances.
SWP Strategy:

When you retire, consider implementing a Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP) from your accumulated corpus to generate regular income.
Calculate the SWP amount based on your estimated expenses and projected returns from your investment portfolio.
Regular Review:

Continuously monitor the performance of your investments and adjust your strategy as needed to stay on track towards your retirement goal.
Consider consulting with a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) periodically to fine-tune your financial plan and ensure you're on the right path.

Maintain an emergency fund equivalent to 6-12 months of living expenses in a liquid instrument to cover any unforeseen expenses.
Final Thoughts:

Given your disciplined savings, diversified investment portfolio, and rental income, you're well-positioned to achieve your retirement goal of accumulating a corpus of INR 10 crores. Stay focused on your long-term objectives, regularly review your financial plan, and seek professional guidance when needed to navigate any challenges along the way.

Hi I am a 35-year-old woman and my husband is 45. we are made for each other couple. we love each other and we do not have any compatibility issues except in romance. he is not very romantic and even throughout my younger years I was also not very romantic and immersed myself in studies and career. He is not very active in sex also. A few years back I told him that I wanted to be romantic after marriage and now we are not, so I missed my college and early office days when I was in my prime and could have been romantically involved with guys. Since I look very young even at 35, he suggested that I still can move around with guys and get romantic and I need not miss anything even now. though initially declining the offer, I moved a little freely toward men, mostly colleagues, and a few social club members. I encouraged late-night messages, coffee meets, movies, etc. I update my husband on every single event that happens. ex, if I went to a movie with a colleague, I will message my hubby " We kissed", if that happened. he encourages me so much and is happy with whatever is happening, cutting a long story short. though I didn't think it would go so far, I am now romantically very active. soft romance-like messages I do with many. Dating I don't say no to my known circle like colleagues, ex-colleagues, college mates, etc and almost 2-3 times a week I end up dating someone in a coffee shop, pub, or a long drive. A few times I initiate a date too. and I must confess that I have regular intimacy with four young men, all from the same office where I work. I have never hidden anything from my hubby and give a complete account every day. I offered to stop everything any moment he said. but he told me till age is there enjoy life!. I am emotionally connected to my husband only and I do all my responsibilities as a woman. Our relationship has grown manifold. My only question is, am I exploiting my husband's innocence or does he have a cuckold fantasy? If I continue the way I continue with no harm to anyone, can I keep doing it ( I love to). or I should stop at once?

After reading your question I understood that your partner and you have, what we call, an open relationship. As long as both partners are okay with the dynamics of it, and no one is emotionally hurt, or resisting, it should be okay. It isn't exploitation if your husband himself encourages you. You are both consenting adults and not harming each other or anyone else. As for your question, if he has a cuckold fantasy, that is something you should discuss with your husband. An open discussion is better than speculation. Also, at any time if you suspect that your husband is growing concerned about the nature of your relationship, ask him directly. It can help avoid misunderstandings.

Hello sir mai 28 year ki hoo mai abhi llb kar rahi hoo mai last 7 year se relationship mai hoo vo mujse 25 year bade hai saruaat 1 to 2 year inhone muje bhot priorities di ab hum 3 to 4 month mai kabhi milte hai hum dono alag alag city mai hai unki bhot badi family hai or finincially bhi problem chal rahi hai last 3 yaer se vo.muje priority nai de rahe hum.roj bat karte hai vo mera khyal bhi rakhte hai lekin muje unse ab dur nai hona mene sadi na karne ka decisions Liya hai lekin kitni bar bhot akela feel karti hoo vo muje itna time nai dete phele jaisa nai hai aisa lagta hai.fir vo ku6 help kar de ya pyar se bat bhi kar le.to.lagta hai sab theek hai mai.bhot confused hoo mai.kya karu muje kya karna chahiye ..

Dating someone older than you is not the problem, but the fact that you are making major life decisions based on what he wants and doesn't want is concerning. I am guessing that you decided to not get married because he doesn't want it either. Is that fair to you? You yourself mentioned that you often feel lonely. Don't you think you deserve better? Don't you deserve someone who would love you and would like to spend the rest of their life with you? Please reconsider this relationship. Speak to your partner and ask him what his plans are for the future. Does he want to settle down with you? How will you two continue this relationship in the future? There are many important questions that need answering. Sort them out and you will have the solution to your dilemma.