Nikunj

Nikunj Saraf  |308 Answers  |Ask -

Mutual Funds Expert - Answered on Mar 01, 2023

Rathijit Question by Rathijit on Jan 31, 2023Hindi

Hi, I am 42 years old and have been investing in 12 different funds through SIP of amount Rs 28,500 per month. I am investing in below following funds. Please give your opinion on it. 1. Axis Long Term Equity-DP: INR 2500/Month 2. Franklin india Tax Shield Fund: INR 2000/Month 3. Canara Robeco Equity Tax Saver: INR 1500/Month. 4.HSBC ELSS Fund: INR 2000/Month 5. Motilal Oswal Long Term Equity: INR 2000/Month. 6 DSP Tax Saver: INR 2000/Month. 7. Mirae Asset Tax Saver: INR 3500/Month. 8 Aditya Birla tax relief 96-G: INR 1500/Month. 9.ICICI Pru Long term equity: INR 1500/Month. 10 HDFC Large & Mid Cap-G: INR3000/Month. 11 Nippon India Growth-G: INR 4000/Month. 12 SBI Large & Mid Cap-G: INR 3000/Month. Apart from that i use to invest INR 25000/Month in Index50, Mid Cap funds also.

Ans: Hello Rathijit. Based on your age and your requirements, I can see that your risks diversification is well maintained. Regarding your question about whether the schemes are good or not. I can see there is over diversification in your current portfolio. Try to concise your portfolio for ELSS investment.

Asked by Anonymous - Jan 03, 2024Hindi
Hi I am 37 years ole and investing in the following mutual funds via monthly SIP's for the past 2 years 1. Aditya Birla Sun Life Digital India Fund (1.5k) 2. Bandhan Tax Advantage ELSS Fund (1k) 3. Canara Robeco ELSS Tax Saver (1k) 4. DSP ELSS Tax Saver Fund (1k) 5. ICICI Prudential Technology Fund (2k) 6. Mirae Asset ELSS Tax Saver Fund (2k) 7. Nippon India Small Cap Fund (1.5k) Please suggest if all these funds are good to continue in the future. Additionally, I plan to increase the monthly SIP by another 5k per month from January 2024. Let me know if Parag Parikh Flexi Cap and Quant Small Cap are good options, or should I continue to invest more in the existing funds?
Ans: It's great to see that you're investing regularly in mutual funds for your future financial goals. Here are some insights and suggestions regarding your current investments and future plans:

Review Existing Investments: It's essential to periodically review the performance of your current mutual fund investments to ensure they are aligned with your financial goals and risk tolerance. Evaluate factors such as fund performance, expense ratios, fund manager track record, and portfolio diversification.

ELSS Funds: ELSS (Equity Linked Savings Scheme) funds offer tax benefits under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, along with the potential for long-term capital appreciation. Since you're investing in multiple ELSS funds, ensure that they have a consistent track record of performance and are managed by experienced fund managers.

Sectoral Funds: Funds like Aditya Birla Sun Life Digital India Fund and ICICI Prudential Technology Fund invest in specific sectors (digital/technology). While these funds can offer high growth potential, they also carry higher risk due to sector-specific volatility. Make sure to monitor these funds closely and be prepared for fluctuations in returns.

Small Cap Fund: Nippon India Small Cap Fund invests in small-cap stocks, which have the potential for high returns but are also more volatile. Given the risk associated with small-cap funds, ensure that they align with your risk appetite and investment horizon.

Future SIP Increase: Increasing your SIP amount is a prudent move to accelerate wealth accumulation over time. Before adding new funds or increasing existing SIP amounts, assess your overall portfolio diversification and risk exposure.

New Fund Consideration: Parag Parikh Flexi Cap Fund is known for its diversified investment approach across different market caps and sectors, making it suitable for long-term wealth creation. Quant Small Cap Fund focuses on small-cap stocks and can complement your existing small-cap allocation.

Asset Allocation: Ensure that your overall portfolio is well-diversified across different asset classes, such as large-cap, mid-cap, small-cap, and flexi-cap funds, to mitigate risk and optimize returns.

Professional Advice: Consider seeking advice from a certified financial planner or investment advisor who can provide personalized recommendations based on your financial goals, risk profile, and investment horizon.

In summary, while your current investments appear diversified, it's essential to monitor their performance regularly and make adjustments as needed. Increasing your SIP amount and considering additional funds like Parag Parikh Flexi Cap and Quant Small Cap can enhance diversification and potentially improve long-term returns. However, ensure that any new additions align with your investment objectives and risk tolerance.

Dating, Relationships Expert - Answered on Apr 22, 2024

I am a 26 years old girl completed my studies, trying to get a job, 2 years back I fell in love online with a man of 32 years old, we have not met yet physically. He is working on a very small salary in a village i.e. his hometown. He can't get a good government job or private job now due to lack of experience and age. We love each other a lot with all our flaws. My family is strictly against it due to caste difference, low salary, he lives 1600 km away, background differences. Overall they don't trust him and our love and are emotionally blackmailing me to get married with someone they choose. And the thought alone of leaving him makes me sad

I am sorry for the challenges you are facing. I understand how difficult it must be to leave a person you love. Having said that, I would also like to point out that living a decent life is not cheap. You are currently unemployed and your partner has a low salary; it will not be sustainable in the long run. I am not asking you to leave him and marry someone else; all I am suggesting is don't rush. Take the time to find a decent job and ask your partner to do the same. Once you think you both are earning a good amount of money, put forth the idea of your marriage again to your parents.

Now the most important thing, you have met him online and never met him in real life. Is it worth taking this kind of risk before verifying everything in person? I am sure he is genuine but there is no harm in cross-checking. And I can't really blame your parents for having their doubts. Please don't rush. One wrong decision can ruin the rest of your life. Take your time, think this through, and meet him in person, most likely in your city and in a public space. Do a thorough background check. It is easy to get fooled when you are in love.

Again, please don't rush. You have your whole life ahead of you.

Hi, I am 25+ years of old. Earning a handsome ammount of money arround 1lakh. I am a introvert, kind of kanjus you can say. I don't have any gf. I had one one one-sided relationship but because of low self confidence I didn't able to express my feelings. I don't feel myself as a ugly person but I am over waight, facing hair fall recently that's why I lose confidence approaching girls. I tried few dating apps but use. As I am a introvert I don't like to go to parties but definitely become comfortable after knowing the other person. Currently in Bangalore but being from a remote area I don't feel comfortable approaching a girl. What should I do.

I understand how you are feeling. First of all, you are not alone in this. Secondly, it's time you recognize how much you have achieved in life. Kudos to that.

Now, coming to your concern, being an introvert is not an issue, though it comes with its own set of challenges. I understand that you feel shy when it comes to talking to women. That's where dating apps come in. You have seen no results on them; I hear you. But give it another try, but this time, with a fool-proof strategy. First off, write an appealing bio. It's equivalent to writing a cover letter- you put forward your best attributes and convince people why they should date you. You can mention your achievements, you can be honest and disclose that you are an introvert, mention what you have to offer as a partner and don't forget to mention what you are looking for in your partner. This would give your potential matches a concise idea of you and also help attract the right people. Second, display image matters. While I am not encouraging you to put up an over-edited picture hiding your imperfections, do not put up the worst one either. Make sure it's recent, decent, and of you and you alone, and not in a group. Third, if you like somebody, don't be afraid to send a message. You are not committing to them, nor do you have to see them in person. Leave a message, interact, only if things go well, meet in person. There's no rush and no prior commitment. Fourth and the most important one, be patient. The right match can take a while but when you do find them, it will be worth the wait.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Apr 22, 2024