Samraat

Samraat Jadhav  |1490 Answers  |Ask -

Stock Market Expert - Answered on Jul 03, 2023

Samraat Jadhav is the founder of Prosperity Wealth Adviser.
He is a SEBI-registered investment and research analyst and has over 18 years of experience in managing high-end portfolios.
RK Question by RK on Jun 29, 2023Translate

I have 100 shares @184/- of Total Transport. What is advice on present Loss of 17%

Ans: Declining Revenue every quarter for the past 3 quarters
Declining profits every quarter for the past 3 quarters
Declining Net Cash Flow : Companies not able to generate net cash
EXIT.

Disclaimer: Investments in securities are subject to market RISKS. Read all the related documents carefully before investing. Please consult your appointed/paid financial adviser before taking any decision. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. Registration granted by SEBI, membership of BASL and certification from NISM in no way guarantee performance of the intermediary or provide any assurance of returns to investors.

Hardik

Hardik Parikh  |106 Answers  |Ask -

Tax, Mutual Fund Expert - Answered on May 03, 2023

STATUS OF IT SHARES NOW IN LOSS. ADVISE
Ans: Hello Revati,

Thank you for reaching out to me for financial advice regarding the status of IT shares in India. I understand your concern regarding the current market trends of IT shares and would like to provide you with my insights.

As you may know, the IT sector in India is closely linked with the USA market since most Indian IT companies have significant exposure to the USA market. Currently, the USA market is experiencing a recession and several bank failures, which has impacted the IT sector's performance in India.

However, it's essential to note that the bigger IT companies in India are high-quality companies with positive cash flows. While there may be a slowdown in revenue and earnings growth, it may be temporary, and the valuations seem reasonable. It's also important to remember that the IT sector is an essential contributor to the Indian economy, and the government has been taking several measures to boost the sector's growth.

In light of these factors, my advice would be to hold on to your IT shares and not panic sell. It's important to keep a long-term perspective and not make hasty decisions based on short-term market trends. If you have a diversified portfolio, the impact of any temporary slowdown in the IT sector may be mitigated.

Additionally, I would recommend reviewing your overall investment strategy with a financial advisor to ensure that it aligns with your financial goals and risk appetite.

I hope this advice helps you make an informed decision regarding your IT shares.

Best regards,

I will be retiring in October 2024 and expecting a retirement corpus of Rs 80 lakh. I would be spending 60 per cent of this amount on my son’s medical admission and studies. How should I invest the rest in different sectors to earn monthly income of nearly about 40,000?
Ans: Given your retirement corpus of Rs 80 lakh and your plan to allocate 60% of it towards your son's medical admission and studies, which amounts to Rs 48 lakh, you'll have Rs 32 lakh remaining for investment. To generate a monthly income of approximately Rs 40,000, you'll need to carefully plan your investment strategy. Here's a suggested approach:

1. Assess Your Risk Tolerance: Before investing, consider your risk tolerance, investment horizon, and financial goals. Since you're retiring soon and seeking a regular monthly income, it's advisable to focus on relatively stable and income-generating investment options.

2. Allocate Funds: With Rs 32 lakh available for investment, you can allocate the amount across different investment instruments to achieve diversification and manage risk.

3 Income-Generating Investments: To generate a monthly income of Rs 40,000, you'll need investments that offer regular payouts. Here are some options to consider:

a. Senior Citizen Savings Scheme (SCSS): This government-backed savings scheme offers quarterly interest payouts. You can invest up to Rs 15 lakh individually and earn regular income at a fixed interest rate, currently around 7.4% per annum.

b. Post Office Monthly Income Scheme (POMIS): Another government-backed scheme that provides monthly income. The maximum investment limit is Rs 4.5 lakh for an individual account and Rs 9 lakh for a joint account. The current interest rate is around 6.6% per annum.

c. Fixed Deposits (FDs): Consider investing a portion of your corpus in fixed deposits offered by banks or financial institutions. Opt for monthly interest payout FDs to generate regular income.

d. Debt Mutual Funds: Invest a portion in debt mutual funds that focus on generating steady income with relatively lower risk compared to equity funds. Choose funds with a track record of consistent returns and low expense ratios.

4. Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP): For investments in mutual funds or other growth-oriented instruments, consider setting up a systematic withdrawal plan. SWP allows you to withdraw a fixed amount regularly, which can serve as your monthly income.

5. Emergency Fund: Set aside a portion of your corpus as an emergency fund to cover unexpected expenses or contingencies. This fund should be easily accessible and parked in liquid or low-risk instruments like savings accounts or liquid funds.

6. Review and Adjust: Regularly review your investment portfolio to ensure it remains aligned with your financial goals and income requirements. Adjust your asset allocation and investment strategy as needed based on changing market conditions and personal circumstances.

It's crucial to consult with a financial advisor or planner who can provide personalised advice based on your specific situation and goals. They can help you create a comprehensive retirement plan and investment strategy tailored to your needs, risk tolerance, and income requirements. Additionally, consider tax implications on your investment income and consult with a tax advisor to optimise your tax efficiency.