Home > Health > Question
Need Expert Advice?Our Gurus Can Help
Dr Karthiyayini

Dr Karthiyayini Mahadevan  |764 Answers  |Ask -

General Physician - Answered on Apr 23, 2024

Dr Karthiyayini Mahadevan has been practising for 30 years.
She specialises in general medicine, child development and senior citizen care.
A graduate from Madurai Medical College, she has DNB training in paediatrics and a postgraduate degree in developmental neurology.
She has trained in Tai chi, eurythmy, Bothmer gymnastics, spacial dynamics and yoga.
She works with children with development difficulties at Sparrc Institute and is the head of wellness for senior citizens at Columbia Pacific Communities.... more
Asked by Anonymous - Apr 16, 2024Hindi

Hi sir/ma'am, I'm 27 I only had few time in my life have period that is also in very less amount if I'm saying it correct, from past 1 year I don't think I had my periods, all my test are completely fine and I don't what is the problem with me. First doctor suggested me some medication but that reacted me and I had rashes and pimple in my body which is very uncomfortable because that time I was in school , so I decided not to take medicine and some people suggested me it will become normal cause maybe I have pcos , I don't what I have and that doctor never told what is the problem just prescribed medicine. Now , at the age of 27 I started to worry about my health, I know many people think why I'm speaking so late because some people don't have money to visit doctor regularly but now I have a government job and finally I can focus on my health so please suggest me what should I do?

Ans: Scanty periods or No periods can be due to many reasons. If your cycles are always been like this, then you need to meet an endocrinologist to check your hormonal levels. Stress could be another important factor which plays a major role in hormonal imbalance
DISCLAIMER: The answer provided by rediffGURUS is for informational and general awareness purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical diagnosis or treatment.

You may like to see similar questions and answers below

Dr Archana

Dr Archana Bajaj  | Answer  |Ask -

Gynaecologist, Obstetrician, IVF Expert - Answered on Apr 05, 2023

Latest Questions
DISCLAIMER: The content of this post by the expert is the personal view of the rediffGURU. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related document carefully before investing. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. Users are advised to pursue the information provided by the rediffGURU only as a source of information and as a point of reference and to rely on their own judgement when making a decision. RediffGURUS is an intermediary as per India's Information Technology Act.


You haven't logged in yet. To ask a question, Please Log in below

A verification OTP will be sent to this
Mobile Number / Email

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to

Resend OTP in120seconds

Dear User, You have not registered yet. Please register by filling the fields below to get expert answers from our Gurus
Sign up

By signing up, you agree to our
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy

Already have an account?

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to Mobile

Resend OTP in120seconds