Nidhi

Nidhi Gupta  |136 Answers  |Ask -

Physiotherapist - Answered on Dec 04, 2023

Nidhi Bajaj Gupta has 20 years of experience as a physiotherapist.
She founded the Merahki Holistic Wellness Company in 2011 and is the co-founder of Miraaya Holistic Growth Centre.
She has a bachelor's degree in physiotherapy from Sancheti Institute for Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Pune, and certifications in myofascial release, dry needling and craniosacral therapy from New York, San Francisco and Singapore.
Asked by Anonymous - Nov 16, 2023Translate

Hello Doctor, My Wife is 42 years old, and past 2 year ago, she had to remove the Uterus due to excessive bleeding, now post that she has become very much weak, her body is also reducing, she get tired frequently and has a mood change, depression, frustration. I asked many ladies about this, and they told me that it is a regular thing and nothing to worry about, but I am very much concerned about this, please advise if is this normal after surgery or required to check with the specialist.

Ans: Hello Anoymous,
Yes many ladies do undergo weakness and mood changes post uterus removal. However it should not last for so long. It will be very good for her to take help from someone who does natural holistic wellness therapies or you can take her to a good naturopath or ayurvedic doctor.
Certain nutrition guidelines, some yoga like pranayamas and some meditation techniques should really start helping her have a better hormonal balance as well as emotional equilibrium. I feel it is very important for her to start lifestyle changes asap under a proper guidance. It will help her to become even healthier than earlier. Also please do check on her vitamin D3, vitamin B12 levels and other hormone tests as guided by the specialist.

Asked by Anonymous - Mar 15, 2023Translate
Hi Anu !! I am 53 year & my wife is 52 years. She underwent a surgery in 2021 for removal of a simple ovarian cyst and was back to normal routine after few months. However, we are not able to have sexual intercourse since then due to it being extremely painful for her. She has also lost all interest in sex & we try it occasionally only upon my insistence. Prior to her surgery, we had a rocking sex life but now it has come to an abrupt end & it feels very depressing at times, particularly for me. Life seems lack-lusture now. Is it normal or we need to have some medical or psychological intervention. My wife says we are now anyway too old to expect frequent sexual encounters as before. She had her menopause about 3 years back. Pls help, I am confused, just like teenagers are when they are at the doorsteps of adulthood.
Two things strike me as I read what you have shared.
1. The effects of the surgery and medications that are possibly not making intercourse a pleasure
2. The effects of menopause which she possibly is undergoing that can temporarily deter the body from being active for any form of sexual intimacy

So, isn't it fair to actually focus on her as she is dealing with two major challenges at this point in time? I do understand that as a man, the way the body works is not at the same pace as it is for a woman. That's how there is a mismatch during key phases of life; childbirth, menopause, illness...
For a woman, her body will cooperate for any form of intimacy only if she 'feels' it from within...with pain and physiological changes during menopause due to hormonal his and lows, it is a challenge.
Work together as a couple on this; understand what is going on with her and what she 'feels'

Address the 'feeling' part and you will get answers to what's going on with her mind and body. Is consulting an option? Yes, it is but after you have tried working together on this. Sometimes, it is good to rule out any medical issues that is causing her to still have pain or a fear due to that pain can be eliminated by working with a mental health professional. Also a Mind Expert, will be able to work on her beliefs on intimacy, sex etc after a certain age...
One can be sexually active as long as they wish to, but it need not be cut short due to health issues or belief issues. Be compassionate as you speak with her and I am sure, things will get better...

Dr Karthiyayini

Dr Karthiyayini Mahadevan  |599 Answers  |Ask -

General Physician - Answered on Mar 03, 2024

Financial Planner - Answered on Mar 02, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Mar 02, 2024Translate
As part of a couple in our early 30s, along with our elderly parents, we have a combined annual income of Rs 1.08 crores. How can we collectively plan for both our retirement and the financial well-being of our parents in the long run?
Ans: Balancing your financial needs and that of your parents, while planning for retirement, requires a comprehensive strategy. Here's a roadmap to get you started:

1. Understand your financial situation:

Gather information about:

• Income: List down your combined annual income (Rs 1.08 crore) and any other sources of income like rental income or investments.
• Expenses: Track your monthly expenses for a few months to understand your spending habits.
• Debts: List down any outstanding debts like mortgages, car loans, etc., including your parents' debts if applicable.
• Retirement benefits: Check your eligibility and potential benefits from social security or employer-sponsored retirement plans.
• Parents' needs: Estimate your parents' current and future financial needs, including healthcare costs.

2. Set retirement goals:

• Desired retirement age: Decide when you and your partner wish to retire.
• Desired lifestyle: Determine the lifestyle you envision in retirement, considering travel, hobbies, and potential healthcare needs.
• Financial goals: Based on your desired lifestyle and life expectancy, calculate the estimated corpus (total sum) required for your retirement. Consider inflation while making these calculations.

3. Create a financial plan:

• Debt management: Prioritise paying off high-interest debts to free up future income for savings and investments.
• Budgeting: Create a budget that allocates funds for essential expenses, savings, and debt repayments. You can involve your parents in creating a budget for their expenses as well.
• Savings and investments: Explore various investment options like mutual funds, PPF (Public Provident Fund), or NPS (National Pension Scheme) based on your risk tolerance and investment horizon. Utilize tax-advantaged retirement accounts like 401(k)s or IRAs if available to you.
• Healthcare planning: Consider health insurance plans for yourselves and your parents to manage potential medical costs in the future.

4. Open communication and support:

• Discuss openly: Have open and honest conversations with your partner and parents about your financial situation, goals, and expectations. This fosters transparency and builds trust within the family.
• Seek professional guidance: Consulting a financial advisor can help you create a personalized plan considering your specific financial situation and retirement goals. They can also guide you on investment strategies and risk management.

Additional considerations:

• Government schemes: Explore government schemes for senior citizens like the Senior Citizen Savings Scheme (SCSS) or the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) that may benefit your parents.
• Downsizing: Consider downsizing your living situation or exploring alternative housing options in retirement to potentially reduce living expenses.
• Part-time work: If feasible, consider continuing part-time work in retirement to supplement your income and maintain an active lifestyle.

Remember, this is a general framework, and it's crucial to tailor it to your specific circumstances. Consulting a financial advisor can provide personalised guidance and ensure your financial plan considers all the complexities involved.
Patrick

Patrick Dsouza  |62 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, XAT, CMAT, CET Expert - Answered on Mar 02, 2024