Home > Health > Question
Need Expert Advice?Our Gurus Can Help
Dr Aarti

Dr Aarti Bakshi  |40 Answers  |Ask -

Child and Parenting Counsellor - Answered on Jan 27, 2023

Dr Aarti Bakshi is a psychologist licensed by the Rehabilitation Council of India.
A school counsellor, she has worked for 15 years with young adults.
She has two PhD degrees -- developmental psychology from Global Institute of Healthcare Management and clinical psychology from Singhania University.
She is on the CBSE panel for counsellors and special educators. She collaborates with SAAR Education to help children develop life skills.
She has authored SEL (social emotional learning) journals for Grades 1-8.... more
Asked by Anonymous - Jan 26, 2023Hindi

Dr. Aarti, can I pay for my child's healthcare, food, clothes, medicine, etc. instead of giving the child support directly to my son's mother? I don't mind paying for my child, I just don't trust the mother to spend that money well.

Ans: Dear Anonymous, Relationships were made over years and they take constant work, throughout. Out of court settlements and the legal obligations of child support and alimony work out on a mutual acceptance from both parties. What I understand from your query is that the child is with your ex-wife. Supporting your child with his requirements would be handled in another household, if you both come to a concensus , maybe a joint doc on how your support money is being used for the child's benefit could be spoken as adults. Communication is key, be it verbal or while using technology. My suggestion is keeping in touch with your son through Zoom meets, letters and emails (if approved by court and concensus of both parties) to build a stronger relationship and indirectly being informed that all his needs are met. For further clarity, connecting with a legal professional would help. I am a psychologist and a lawyer's specialisation would support with the present laws.
DISCLAIMER: The answer provided by rediffGURUS is for informational and general awareness purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical diagnosis or treatment.

You may like to see similar questions and answers below

Latest Questions
Dr Nagarajan J S K

Dr Nagarajan J S K   |39 Answers  |Ask -

Health Science and Pharmaceutical Careers Expert - Answered on Jul 19, 2024

DISCLAIMER: The content of this post by the expert is the personal view of the rediffGURU. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related document carefully before investing. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. Users are advised to pursue the information provided by the rediffGURU only as a source of information and as a point of reference and to rely on their own judgement when making a decision. RediffGURUS is an intermediary as per India's Information Technology Act.


You haven't logged in yet. To ask a question, Please Log in below

A verification OTP will be sent to this
Mobile Number / Email

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to

Resend OTP in120seconds

Dear User, You have not registered yet. Please register by filling the fields below to get expert answers from our Gurus
Sign up

By signing up, you agree to our
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy

Already have an account?

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to Mobile

Resend OTP in120seconds