Geeta

Geeta Ratra  |138 Answers  |Ask -

Visas, Study Abroad Expert - Answered on May 22, 2023

Vijay Question by Vijay on Apr 30, 2023Hindi

I would like to immigrate to the UK as l have worked there before and have a UK degree. I am a doctor with three decades experience. What would you suggest?

Ans: Hi Vijay
To immigrate to UK you can go on skilled worker visa category. You need to look for the jobs in UK and on the basis of the same apply for the skilled worker visa. At this moment UK is not offering direct permanent residence visa.

Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Aug 03, 2023

Hi, I am an engineer with 11 years experience in technical sales.How can i take up a job in UK and move forward in my career.

I understand that transitioning your career to the UK can be an exciting opportunity for personal and professional growth. To successfully take up a job in the UK and move forward in your career as a technical sales engineer, consider the following steps:

Research Job Market and Requirements: Start by researching the job market in the UK for technical sales roles. Look for companies and industries that align with your expertise and experience. Review the specific job requirements and qualifications expected by employers.

Work on Your CV and Cover Letter: Tailor your CV to the UK format and ensure it highlights your relevant experience, skills, and achievements. Craft a compelling cover letter that explains your intention to work in the UK and how your expertise can benefit potential employers.

Networking and Online Presence: Engage in networking both online and offline. LinkedIn can be a valuable platform to connect with professionals and potential employers in the UK. Building a strong online presence can also help recruiters discover you.

Visa and Work Authorization: Check the UK government's official website to understand the visa and work authorization requirements. Ensure you have the necessary visa to work legally in the UK.

Search for Job Opportunities: Utilize job search platforms like Indeed, Glassdoor, and specialized engineering job boards to find suitable openings. Attend virtual job fairs and industry events to connect with employers directly.

Prepare for Interviews: Be ready for remote interviews or, if possible, travel to the UK for face-to-face interviews. Research the companies you interview with and practice answering common technical sales interview questions.

Highlight Your International Experience: Emphasize the value of your 11 years of technical sales experience in your interviews. Showcase how your diverse background and international exposure can bring unique perspectives to UK-based companies.

Continued Professional Development: Stay updated with industry trends and advancements in technical sales. Consider obtaining certifications or additional training to enhance your skills and marketability.

Cultural Adaptation: Understand and adapt to the cultural differences in the UK workplace. Being culturally aware and open-minded will help you integrate smoothly into the new work environment.

Be Persistent and Patient: Securing a job in a new country can take time. Be persistent in your job search, keep applying, and don't get discouraged if the process takes longer than expected.

Remember, moving to a new country for work can be a transformative experience. Stay positive, embrace the challenges, and be open to new opportunities that may arise along the way. Good luck with your job search and career advancement in the UK!

Regards,
Abhishek Shah

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Apr 11, 2024

I want to go to uk for my MBA I'm currently pursuing my graduation in international business please give me some advice

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. I am happy to hear that you are currently pursuing your undergraduate degree in International Business after which you intend pursuing an MBA in the UK. I would like to let you know that taking into account the prominent business institutions as well as the country’s multicultural environment, opting for an MBA in the UK can be a fruitful choice. As you are presently studying international business, I believe you most certainly already possess a solid understanding of global commerce, which will prove beneficial throughout your MBA degree. Nevertheless, I would recommend that you carry out a comprehensive research pertaining to the various MBA programs provided by universities in the UK prior to applying.

As a first step, I would suggest that you take into account the program accreditation, course outline, experience of the faculty members, as well as possibilities to acquire hands-on experience, viz., internships or consultancy engagements. Not just that, evaluate the fields of specializations that each program has to offer in order to make sure that they resonate with your professional objectives in the domain of international business. Remember that establishing ties in the business environment can greatly improve your employment opportunities after completing an MBA, and for that reason, I would suggest that you explore the networking possibilities that each school has to offer.

Moreover, throughout your stay in the UK, adapt yourself to the various cultures. Your academic journey will be greatly enhanced and you will be able to develop a global mentality, a vital asset in the interconnected corporate world of today, through interacting with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences both within and outside of the classroom. Lastly, in order to acquire guidance and knowledge pertaining to your goals, I would recommend that you get in touch with mentors or students who have previously followed same avenues.

Remember, your MBA program in the UK can greatly enhance your career objectives in international business if you prepare carefully and work hard.

Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |145 Answers  |Ask -

Leadership, HR Expert - Answered on Apr 23, 2024

Dear sir my son is srm ap in btech CSE 3 Rd year how to get placement
Ans: Some important steps to get placed in Campus Recruitment: (1) To keep his PROFESSIONAL Resume Ready now itself, covering all his achievements including Certifications (hope he would have done some both offline and online from NPTEL, Internshala, LinkedIn, Coursera etc. (2) He should still continue do online Certificate short-term courses, relevant to his domain (3) Should have a Professional LinkedIn Profile. If already has, fine-tune by updating it (4) Should get connected to Professionals in same domain. (Not to ask for jobs). If the Recruiters / Employers expectation meets your son's profile, they will be in touch with him (5) To put job alerts, related to his domain / certifications / skills to know the current market scenario / employers' expectations (6) To know the selection process and to start preparing for Campus Recruitment (Aptitude Test, Interview, & GD) (7) To make a thorough RESEARCH about the Companies visited the College last year and go through their websites to know about the Company Profile, Products / Services Provided, HR Policy etc. (8) To also start applying through LinkedIn by the end of his final year, if companies' JD matches with your son's profile. Hope this information is enough for your Son. All The BEST for your Son’s Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs | Resume Writing | Profile Building | Salary Negotiation Skills | Building Professional LinkedIn Profile | Choosing Right School Board (State | Matriculation | CBSE | ICSE |International Board) | Student Psychological Counselling | Exam Preparation Techniques (Board | Entrance & Competitive)| Job Interview Skills | Skill Upgrading | Parenting & Child Upbringing Skills | Career Transition | Abroad Education | Education Loan (India | Abroad) | Scholarship (India | Abroad) | SOP Writing Tips’, please FOLLOW me in RediffGURU here.

Nayagam PP |
EduJob360 |
CERTIFIED Career Coach | Career Guru |
https://www.linkedin.com/in/edujob360/

Hi I am a 35-year-old woman and my husband is 45. we are made for each other couple. we love each other and we do not have any compatibility issues except in romance. he is not very romantic and even throughout my younger years I was also not very romantic and immersed myself in studies and career. He is not very active in sex also. A few years back I told him that I wanted to be romantic after marriage and now we are not, so I missed my college and early office days when I was in my prime and could have been romantically involved with guys. Since I look very young even at 35, he suggested that I still can move around with guys and get romantic and I need not miss anything even now. though initially declining the offer, I moved a little freely toward men, mostly colleagues, and a few social club members. I encouraged late-night messages, coffee meets, movies, etc. I update my husband on every single event that happens. ex, if I went to a movie with a colleague, I will message my hubby " We kissed", if that happened. he encourages me so much and is happy with whatever is happening, cutting a long story short. though I didn't think it would go so far, I am now romantically very active. soft romance-like messages I do with many. Dating I don't say no to my known circle like colleagues, ex-colleagues, college mates, etc and almost 2-3 times a week I end up dating someone in a coffee shop, pub, or a long drive. A few times I initiate a date too. and I must confess that I have regular intimacy with four young men, all from the same office where I work. I have never hidden anything from my hubby and give a complete account every day. I offered to stop everything any moment he said. but he told me till age is there enjoy life!. I am emotionally connected to my husband only and I do all my responsibilities as a woman. Our relationship has grown manifold. My only question is, am I exploiting my husband's innocence or does he have a cuckold fantasy? If I continue the way I continue with no harm to anyone, can I keep doing it ( I love to). or I should stop at once?

After reading your question I understood that your partner and you have, what we call, an open relationship. As long as both partners are okay with the dynamics of it, and no one is emotionally hurt, or resisting, it should be okay. It isn't exploitation if your husband himself encourages you. You are both consenting adults and not harming each other or anyone else. As for your question, if he has a cuckold fantasy, that is something you should discuss with your husband. An open discussion is better than speculation. Also, at any time if you suspect that your husband is growing concerned about the nature of your relationship, ask him directly. It can help avoid misunderstandings.

Hello sir mai 28 year ki hoo mai abhi llb kar rahi hoo mai last 7 year se relationship mai hoo vo mujse 25 year bade hai saruaat 1 to 2 year inhone muje bhot priorities di ab hum 3 to 4 month mai kabhi milte hai hum dono alag alag city mai hai unki bhot badi family hai or finincially bhi problem chal rahi hai last 3 yaer se vo.muje priority nai de rahe hum.roj bat karte hai vo mera khyal bhi rakhte hai lekin muje unse ab dur nai hona mene sadi na karne ka decisions Liya hai lekin kitni bar bhot akela feel karti hoo vo muje itna time nai dete phele jaisa nai hai aisa lagta hai.fir vo ku6 help kar de ya pyar se bat bhi kar le.to.lagta hai sab theek hai mai.bhot confused hoo mai.kya karu muje kya karna chahiye ..

Dating someone older than you is not the problem, but the fact that you are making major life decisions based on what he wants and doesn't want is concerning. I am guessing that you decided to not get married because he doesn't want it either. Is that fair to you? You yourself mentioned that you often feel lonely. Don't you think you deserve better? Don't you deserve someone who would love you and would like to spend the rest of their life with you? Please reconsider this relationship. Speak to your partner and ask him what his plans are for the future. Does he want to settle down with you? How will you two continue this relationship in the future? There are many important questions that need answering. Sort them out and you will have the solution to your dilemma.