HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Feb 23, 2024

R P Yadav is the founder, chairman and managing director of Genius Consultants Limited, a 30-year-old human resources solutions company.
Over the years, he has been the recipient of numerous awards including the Lifetime Achievement Award from World HR Congress and HR Person Of The Year from Public Relations Council of India.

What are best way to upskill as a student?

Ans: Upskilling as a student is a valuable investment in your future. Here are some effective ways to upskill:

Online Courses and Certifications:

Platforms like Coursera, edX, Udacity, and Khan Academy offer a wide range of courses on various subjects.
Consider certifications in areas relevant to your field of study or future career.
MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses):

Explore MOOCs from universities and institutions around the world.
They often provide high-quality content for free or at a minimal cost.
Specialized Training Platforms:

Platforms like LinkedIn Learning, Skillshare, and Pluralsight offer courses on specific skills and tools.
These platforms often have tutorials on software, programming languages, design tools, etc.
Internships and Co-op Programs:

Gain practical experience through internships or co-op programs related to your field of study.
Real-world experience can complement theoretical knowledge and enhance your skills.
Networking and Mentorship:

Connect with professionals in your industry through networking events, LinkedIn, or local meetups.
A mentor can provide guidance and share insights into the industry.
Project-Based Learning:

Work on real-world projects to apply your skills.
This hands-on experience can help you build a portfolio that showcases your abilities.
Join Student Organizations:

Participate in relevant clubs or organizations on your campus.
They often provide opportunities for skill development and networking.
Read Industry Publications and Blogs:

Stay updated on industry trends and innovations by reading blogs, journals, and articles.
Subscribe to newsletters or follow influencers in your field.
Soft Skills Development:

Focus on developing soft skills like communication, teamwork, time management, and adaptability.
These skills are crucial for professional success.
Attend Workshops and Conferences:

Attend workshops and conferences to learn from experts and connect with professionals.
These events can provide insights into the latest developments in your field.
Language Learning:

Learn additional languages, especially if they are relevant to your field or if you plan to work internationally.
Self-Assessment and Reflection:

Regularly assess your skills and identify areas for improvement.
Set goals for continuous learning and monitor your progress.
Remember, upskilling is a continuous process, and staying curious and adaptable will serve you well throughout your career. Tailor your upskilling efforts to align with your career goals and the demands of your chosen industry.

HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Jan 30, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Oct 22, 2023Hindi
I am 49-year-old and in mid-level manegement for a US Based financial organisation in IT Engineering and Operations. I am worried that I may lose my job and it is impacting my performance. To be ready for the market (In case in lose my current job), please suggest which areas I should upskill myself.
Ans: I understand that you are concerned about your job security and want to upskill yourself to be prepared for the market. Upskilling is a great way to stay competitive in the job market and increase your chances of finding a new job. Here are some areas that you can consider upskilling yourself in:

Cloud Computing: Cloud computing is the delivery of computing services over the internet. It involves the use of remote servers to store, manage, and process data. As an IT professional, upskilling in cloud computing can help you stay relevant in the industry. The average salary for a cloud computing professional in India is around ?1,200,000 per annum.

Data Science: Data science is the process of extracting insights from data. It involves the use of statistical and computational methods to analyze large and complex data sets. Upskilling in data science can help you become a valuable asset to any organization. The average salary for a data scientist in India is around ?1,000,000 per annum.

Cybersecurity: Cybersecurity is the practice of protecting computer systems and networks from digital attacks. As an IT professional, upskilling in cybersecurity can help you secure your organization’s data and prevent cyber attacks. The average salary for a cybersecurity professional in India is around ?1,500,000 per annum.

Artificial Intelligence: Artificial intelligence (AI) is the simulation of human intelligence in machines. It involves the use of algorithms and statistical models to perform tasks that would normally require human intelligence. Upskilling in AI can help you stay ahead of the curve in the IT industry. The average salary for an AI professional in India is around ?1,500,000 per annum.

DevOps: DevOps is a set of practices that combines software development (Dev) and IT operations (Ops). It involves the use of automation and collaboration to improve the speed and quality of software delivery. Upskilling in DevOps can help you become a valuable asset to any organization. The average salary for a DevOps professional in India is around ?1,200,000 per annum.

I hope this helps you in making an informed decision. Remember, upskilling is a continuous process, and it’s important to keep learning and growing in your career. Good luck! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Samraat

Samraat Jadhav  |1651 Answers  |Ask -

Stock Market Expert - Answered on Apr 20, 2024