My son is pursuing Degree in Computer Science. He is in his last year. He is good in App Developer. He wants to study in abroad. Please suggest which course to pursue. Any university abroad for one year degree course. Your advice will be very helpful to me.
Ans: Hello Rupinder,
First and foremost, thank you for contacting us. If your son is passionate about developing applications, studying abroad can be a great way for him to advance his education and acquire international exposure in the computer science field. Since he is currently in the final year of his Bachelor’s degree, he may be considering pursuing a one-year Master's course to further specialize in this field. Mentioned below are some courses that your son could opt for:
1. Master's in Information Technology: With an emphasis on app and mobile development, certain colleges provide specialized pathways within their IT programs.
2. Master's in Mobile App Development: A specialized course in creating mobile applications, these programs are offered by a number of universities worldwide, including universities in the UK, Europe, the USA, Australia, and Canada.
3. Master's in Computer Science: This being a flexible choice, it enables your son to focus on app development within the wider field of computer science. Within their computer science programs, a variety of specializations are offered by several universities.
4. Master's in Software Engineering: A rather comprehensive course encompassing both, software and app development, and offered by leading universities globally, the Master's in Software Engineering provides a solid base in software engineering practices and principles.
Your son should research and decide on a program that best matches his hobbies and career objectives.
Outstanding programs in computer science are offered by the below mentioned prominent international universities:
• The UK: University College London, University of Cambridge, Imperial College London, and University of Oxford.
• Australia: University of Melbourne, University of New South Wales, Australian National University, and University of Sydney.
• The USA: University of California, Berkeley, Stanford University, University of Washington, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and Carnegie Mellon University.
• Europe: Technical University of Munich (Germany), University of Edinburgh (UK), and ETH Zurich (Switzerland).
• Canada: University of British Columbia, McGill University, University of Toronto, and University of Waterloo.
Visit the official websites of each of these universities for accurate details pertaining to the courses offered and the admission prerequisites, as varying programs and specialties may be offered by each university.
Moreover, when selecting a foreign university, your son should take into account the living expenses, location, scholarship possibilities, and internships or co-op programs available. As admission standards and requirements can differ between universities and countries, your son should start applying ahead of time.
For more information, you can visit our website.