Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Sep 12, 2023

Sushil Sukhwani is the founding director of the overseas education consultant firm, Edwise International. He has 31 years of experience in counselling students who have opted to study abroad in various countries, including the UK, USA, Canada and Australia. He is part of the board of directors at the American International Recruitment Council and an honorary committee member of the Australian Alumni Association. Sukhwani is an MBA graduate from Bond University, Australia. ... more
Asked by Anonymous - Sep 07, 2023Hindi

My son is a US citizen , but he is doing his schooling from India. Will he be eligible for scholarships while applying for admission to US UG programs ? What are the exams and scores he has to have for admission (SAT , Others ?)

First and foremost, thank you for contacting us. Yes, your son may be eligible for scholarships if he applies on time and meets the standards put forth by the universities. With a US passport, the English proficiency requirement may be eliminated, nevertheless, various universities may demand it, and thus, he should appear for the IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/Duolingo as well. The SAT test is required for the program. Not all institutions require it, however it is required if you want to be considered for scholarships. Our team of experts can assist you throughout the entire procedure. I am writing to ask you to visit our nearest branch and share your information with us so that our team can guide you further.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Oct 09, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Oct 08, 2023Hindi
Hello Sushil, my son hasn't completed any UG course inspite of getting admission into 3 premier colleges in India. Now he wants to apply for a course in MIT or Stanford. He has scored 117/120 in TOEFL. Expecting his SAT result by this month end. Can you please guide us with the admission process ? Also is there any organization which can assist him with scholarship for the program. He is an extremely intelligent and hardworking student. It is just that the education system here wasn't convincing him to finish what he started.

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. I am glad to hear about your son’s plans on enrolling in a course at leading American universities viz., MIT or Stanford. I would like to inform you that it’s very likely for many students to alter their educational pathways. Similarly, remember that applications made by students who have chosen to embark on different education paths are taken into account by the above mentioned universities. Follow these steps to ensure a successful admission process:

1. Education Prerequisites: The education prerequisites for each university is unique. I would suggest that your son fulfills these minimum requirements that generally require him to maintain a strong grade point average (GPA), high scores in the ACT/SAT exam, and complete challenging courses in high school.

2. Submit TOEFL Test Results: As mentioned previously, your son has scored 117/120 in the TOEFL examination. I would like to tell you that this is indeed outstanding and must satisfy the prerequisites for English language competency.

3. Submit Marksheets: Your son will need to acquire and submit official marksheets from all his past academic institutions.

4. Craft a Compelling Personal Statement or Essays: A strong Statement of Purpose (SOP) or personal essays demonstrating your son’s past experiences, character, and reasons for him aspiring to study at MIT or Stanford University need to be prepared and submitted.

5. Endorsement Letters: As part of the admission procedure, your son will also need to obtain compelling recommendation letters from professors or instructors who can attest to both, his personality and skills.

6. Showcase Extracurricular Achievements: Remember that showcasing one’s extracurricular activities is also a vital part of the application process, thus, I would recommend that your son demonstrates his participation in extracurriculars, highlights his roles as a leader in any event as well as talks about his accomplishments.

7. Submit Standardized Exam Results: As soon as your son receives his SAT result, he should submit the same. Its crucial to achieve high scores as both, Stanford and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) welcome these tests.

8. Appear for Interviews: Keep in mind that certain programs may require your son to appear for interviews as part of the admission procedure. He should be well prepared for the same. I would recommend that he investigates common interview questions and prepares his responses to those queries.

9. Investigate Possible Scholarships and Monetary Assistance Options: Multiple scholarships and financial assistance possibilities are offered by these American universities. I would suggest that your son takes into account the available scholarships and funding alternatives, and applies for the same.

10. Making Applications for External Scholarships: As an answer to your query, I would suggest that your son conducts a comprehensive study on external grant possibilities that provide assistance to international students. These scholarships, with varying eligibility criteria are offered by organizations viz., Rhodes Scholarship, Fulbright, or numerous other groups.

11. Adhere to Application Deadlines: Do not miss out on the application deadlines for both, Stanford and MIT. Submit each university’s application on time.

12. Plan your Finances: Consider the living costs, tuition fees, medical costs, as well as other study abroad expenditures, and plan your finances accordingly.

13. Meet Visa and Immigration Rules: To study in the USA, familiarize yourself with the visa and immigration guidelines. Also, prepare the required paperwork ahead of time.

14. Take into account possible routes: If it is taking a while for your son to secure admission, I would suggest that you take into account other possible routes viz., getting him enrolled in community college transfer courses. This pathway has been opted for by a number of students which has proven to be successful.

15. Acquire Guidance: Meaningful insights and assistance can be provided by study abroad organizations and consultancies to international students who can guide them throughout the application procedure and help them obtain grants or scholarships. I recommend that you get in touch with such consultancies.

In the application, your son should describe his prior school experiences as well as pen down the reasons for him not completing any undergraduate course despite securing admission to three prestigious colleges. In addition, if granted an opportunity, he should throw light on his capacity to grow and succeed. These universities have cut-throat competition for admission. Your son’s opportunities to secure admission and obtain monetary assistance can be boosted through submitting a robust application.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Dec 30, 2023

Dear sir my son is srm ap in btech CSE 3 Rd year how to get placement
Ans: Some important steps to get placed in Campus Recruitment: (1) To keep his PROFESSIONAL Resume Ready now itself, covering all his achievements including Certifications (hope he would have done some both offline and online from NPTEL, Internshala, LinkedIn, Coursera etc. (2) He should still continue do online Certificate short-term courses, relevant to his domain (3) Should have a Professional LinkedIn Profile. If already has, fine-tune by updating it (4) Should get connected to Professionals in same domain. (Not to ask for jobs). If the Recruiters / Employers expectation meets your son's profile, they will be in touch with him (5) To put job alerts, related to his domain / certifications / skills to know the current market scenario / employers' expectations (6) To know the selection process and to start preparing for Campus Recruitment (Aptitude Test, Interview, & GD) (7) To make a thorough RESEARCH about the Companies visited the College last year and go through their websites to know about the Company Profile, Products / Services Provided, HR Policy etc. (8) To also start applying through LinkedIn by the end of his final year, if companies' JD matches with your son's profile. Hope this information is enough for your Son. All The BEST for your Son’s Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs | Resume Writing | Profile Building | Salary Negotiation Skills | Building Professional LinkedIn Profile | Choosing Right School Board (State | Matriculation | CBSE | ICSE |International Board) | Student Psychological Counselling | Exam Preparation Techniques (Board | Entrance & Competitive)| Job Interview Skills | Skill Upgrading | Parenting & Child Upbringing Skills | Career Transition | Abroad Education | Education Loan (India | Abroad) | Scholarship (India | Abroad) | SOP Writing Tips’, please FOLLOW me in RediffGURU here.

Nayagam PP |
EduJob360 |
CERTIFIED Career Coach | Career Guru |
https://www.linkedin.com/in/edujob360/

Hi I am a 35-year-old woman and my husband is 45. we are made for each other couple. we love each other and we do not have any compatibility issues except in romance. he is not very romantic and even throughout my younger years I was also not very romantic and immersed myself in studies and career. He is not very active in sex also. A few years back I told him that I wanted to be romantic after marriage and now we are not, so I missed my college and early office days when I was in my prime and could have been romantically involved with guys. Since I look very young even at 35, he suggested that I still can move around with guys and get romantic and I need not miss anything even now. though initially declining the offer, I moved a little freely toward men, mostly colleagues, and a few social club members. I encouraged late-night messages, coffee meets, movies, etc. I update my husband on every single event that happens. ex, if I went to a movie with a colleague, I will message my hubby " We kissed", if that happened. he encourages me so much and is happy with whatever is happening, cutting a long story short. though I didn't think it would go so far, I am now romantically very active. soft romance-like messages I do with many. Dating I don't say no to my known circle like colleagues, ex-colleagues, college mates, etc and almost 2-3 times a week I end up dating someone in a coffee shop, pub, or a long drive. A few times I initiate a date too. and I must confess that I have regular intimacy with four young men, all from the same office where I work. I have never hidden anything from my hubby and give a complete account every day. I offered to stop everything any moment he said. but he told me till age is there enjoy life!. I am emotionally connected to my husband only and I do all my responsibilities as a woman. Our relationship has grown manifold. My only question is, am I exploiting my husband's innocence or does he have a cuckold fantasy? If I continue the way I continue with no harm to anyone, can I keep doing it ( I love to). or I should stop at once?

After reading your question I understood that your partner and you have, what we call, an open relationship. As long as both partners are okay with the dynamics of it, and no one is emotionally hurt, or resisting, it should be okay. It isn't exploitation if your husband himself encourages you. You are both consenting adults and not harming each other or anyone else. As for your question, if he has a cuckold fantasy, that is something you should discuss with your husband. An open discussion is better than speculation. Also, at any time if you suspect that your husband is growing concerned about the nature of your relationship, ask him directly. It can help avoid misunderstandings.

Hello sir mai 28 year ki hoo mai abhi llb kar rahi hoo mai last 7 year se relationship mai hoo vo mujse 25 year bade hai saruaat 1 to 2 year inhone muje bhot priorities di ab hum 3 to 4 month mai kabhi milte hai hum dono alag alag city mai hai unki bhot badi family hai or finincially bhi problem chal rahi hai last 3 yaer se vo.muje priority nai de rahe hum.roj bat karte hai vo mera khyal bhi rakhte hai lekin muje unse ab dur nai hona mene sadi na karne ka decisions Liya hai lekin kitni bar bhot akela feel karti hoo vo muje itna time nai dete phele jaisa nai hai aisa lagta hai.fir vo ku6 help kar de ya pyar se bat bhi kar le.to.lagta hai sab theek hai mai.bhot confused hoo mai.kya karu muje kya karna chahiye ..

Dating someone older than you is not the problem, but the fact that you are making major life decisions based on what he wants and doesn't want is concerning. I am guessing that you decided to not get married because he doesn't want it either. Is that fair to you? You yourself mentioned that you often feel lonely. Don't you think you deserve better? Don't you deserve someone who would love you and would like to spend the rest of their life with you? Please reconsider this relationship. Speak to your partner and ask him what his plans are for the future. Does he want to settle down with you? How will you two continue this relationship in the future? There are many important questions that need answering. Sort them out and you will have the solution to your dilemma.