Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Nov 23, 2023

Sushil Sukhwani is the founding director of the overseas education consultant firm, Edwise International. He has 31 years of experience in counselling students who have opted to study abroad in various countries, including the UK, USA, Canada and Australia. He is part of the board of directors at the American International Recruitment Council and an honorary committee member of the Australian Alumni Association. Sukhwani is an MBA graduate from Bond University, Australia. ... more
Asked by Anonymous - Sep 25, 2023Hindi

Can we pursue MS in AI, ML in the US after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering in India ?

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. I am happy to hear that you are pursuing Bachelor’s of Technology in Mechanical Engineering in India. As an answer to your query, I would like to let you know that on completing a B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering in India, you can definitely pursue a Master's in AI/ML in the US. You would be glad to know that students from various backgrounds are accepted by a number of universities in the USA for programs in Artificial Intelligence (AI) or Machine Learning (ML). Not just that, coming from an engineering background can be advantageous.

Nevertheless, to fulfill the prerequisites for admission, you may need to prove that you are well-versed in a few programming languages as well as exhibit a basic understanding of Computer Science, Mathematics, and Statistics. I would recommend that you boost your abilities in these fields, prior to enrolling in this course, and for that reason I would suggest that you undertake online courses, projects, or complete certifications. Furthermore, remember that your application can be greatly enhanced by demonstrating your enthusiasm and commitment to AI or ML through related internships or projects.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Jan 02, 2024

Sir, I have completed my B.Tech in artificial intelligence I want pursue my ms in us which University should I prefer.
Ans: Hello Likhitha,

To begin with, thank you for contacting us. I am happy to hear that you have completed your Bachelor’s of Technology in Artificial Intelligence and wish to pursue your MS in the USA. I would like to tell you that a number of variables viz., the location, course curriculum, the research possibilities, as well as the experience of the faculty play a key role in selecting a university to pursue your Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence in the United States. Universities viz., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), University of California, Berkeley, Stanford University, University of Washington, and Carnegie Mellon University, are well-known for the robust programs in Artificial Intelligence that they offer. Outstanding AI programs along with access to state-of-the-art research facilities, distinguished professors, as well as a robust industry network are provided by these prominent schools. In order to find the one that best resonates with your educational and professional objectives, I would recommend that you look into the course design, as well as factor in their fields of specialization, and the possibility of internships or partnerships with business leaders. Not just that, to make an educated choice, consider other factors viz., monetary assistance, campus culture, and available resources.

I am 42 and want to retire by 60, I have 10 lacs in MF, 10lac in equity, 50 lac in FD, 4cr in real estate land shops etc. I don't own a house. What should be my strategy from here my monthly expenditure is close to 2 lac.
Ans: Current Financial Overview
You are 42 years old. You want to retire by 60. You have Rs. 10 lakhs in mutual funds. You have Rs. 10 lakhs in equities. You have Rs. 50 lakhs in fixed deposits. Your real estate investments are worth Rs. 4 crores. You don't own a house. Your monthly expenditure is Rs. 2 lakhs.

Assessing Your Financial Position
Mutual Funds:

Rs. 10 lakhs in mutual funds.
This provides potential for growth.
Equities:

Rs. 10 lakhs in equities.
This is good for long-term growth.
Fixed Deposits:

Rs. 50 lakhs in fixed deposits.
Safe but with low returns.
Real Estate:

Rs. 4 crores in land and shops.
Significant value but not liquid.
Monthly Expenditure:

Rs. 2 lakhs per month.
High living expenses.

Keep at least 6 months of expenses.
This means Rs. 12 lakhs.
Diversify Investments:

Increase mutual fund investments.
Focus on large-cap and balanced funds.
Fixed Deposits:

Consider reducing FD amounts.
Reinvest in mutual funds for better returns.
Equities:

Continue with equity investments.
Diversify within sectors.
Real Estate:

Real estate is illiquid.
Consider selling some assets.
Reinvest proceeds in diversified mutual funds.
Calculate Retirement Corpus:

Aim for a substantial corpus.
This should cover post-retirement expenses.
Systematic Investment Plan (SIP):

Start SIPs in actively managed mutual funds.
This ensures disciplined investing.
Regular Review:

Review your portfolio every six months.
Adjust based on market conditions.
Expert Management:

Professionals manage actively managed funds.
They aim to outperform the market.
Better Returns:

Actively managed funds often give higher returns.
They adapt quickly to market changes.
No Outperformance:

Index funds mirror the market.
They can't outperform during good market phases.
Lack of Flexibility:

Index funds lack flexibility in volatile markets.
Complex Management:

Direct funds need more personal management.
Regular funds offer professional oversight.
Regular Funds Benefits:

Investing through MFD with CFP credential is beneficial.
They provide expert advice and management.
Owning a House
Consider Buying a House:

Owning a house gives stability.
It reduces future rent expenses.
Use Existing Assets:

Use some FD or real estate proceeds.
Fund the house purchase without heavy loans.
Utilise Tax Benefits:

Invest in tax-saving instruments.
Reduce taxable income and save more.
To retire by 60, focus on diversified investments. Ensure an emergency fund. Increase mutual fund investments. Consider selling some real estate. Reinvest proceeds wisely. Buy a house for stability. Review your portfolio regularly. Consult a Certified Financial Planner for personalized advice. Stay disciplined and focused on your financial goals.