Harsh

Harsh Bharwani  |55 Answers  |Ask -

Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Apr 12, 2023

Harsh Bharwani is a fourth generation entrepreneur.
As CEO and managing director, he leads the international business and employability initiatives at the computer networking institute, Jetking Infotrain Limited.
After graduating from Delhi University, Bharwani joined the family business in 2010 and set up operations in the US and Vietnam.

I am managing a subsidiary of my father's business which I was hesitant to join but because of family pressure I had to. My relationship with my father is not very good so once a while I got to hear things which hurt my confidence and self esteem as I am reminded that I am nothing without his support. I admire a father's support to his children but putting it bluntly in insulting manner takes away its beauty. I am 35 and I feel that if I carry on like this I would be a man with no confidence and zero self esteem in next 5-10 years, my perception of a future is very depressing. Prior to joining this business, I had worked in several startups of mine for 5 years, so I can say, I got zero corporate experience. Now, I want to know if I look for a job at this stage will I be accepted? and what job options can i go with? I m ready to do internship without any expectation of reimbursements. Plz help me.

Ans: It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and it's understandable that you're feeling discouraged and lacking in confidence. It's important to remember that you have skills and experience from your previous work in startups, and those can be valuable in the job market.
If you're interested in looking for a job, I would encourage you to start by updating your resume and reaching out to your professional network to see if anyone knows of any opportunities. You could also consider working with a career coach or job placement agency to help you identify potential job options and prepare for interviews.
As for what job options you could pursue, that depends on your skills and interests. Some options could include roles in marketing, sales, customer service, or operations. You could also consider pursuing a job in a field that interests you, such as technology, healthcare, or finance.
Finally, it's important to remember that there is no shame in starting out in an entry-level role or doing an internship to gain more experience. This can be a great way to build your skills and confidence and open up new opportunities in the future.
Whatever you decide to do, make sure you're taking care of yourself and seeking support from friends, family, or a therapist if needed.

Dear sir, I am currently 45 and just off from my dependents i.e., my 3 sisters out of which 2 were expecting my help to settle on their life - both my sisters off from their burden to an extent as their son started working and daughters were married to a decent families. I helped them by helping on their studies, marriage of my niece and assisted my nephew to buy a property (provided the advance or initial payment of 4 lacs). I haven't saved anything for my kids yet except a house , some jewellery about 50 sovereign and 1/2 ground land. My sisters and mother doesn't feel complete but I have informed it is not happening because I need to looks at my 2 kids 11 and 6. Besides, my wife is super supportive and never disputes or raised concerns. The ask is I have been working since childhood like 16 so feeling tired at times so I am planning to start my own businesses but still I am feeling jittery as I didn't save much for their studies etc. I am working in ites services so I feel like that I have 5 years max ahead. No politics in the office but I am stuck with no major opportunities. Please guide me on how to put a perspective and lead a clear way ahead as I am totally confused to be honest. Thanks in advance and please write back as this is my second time asking for suggestions.
Ans: It would really be good to answer you but I am confused as what to tell you because you have not mentioned any of your financial goals as such, I may not be of any help to you for your social obligations