Harsh

Harsh Bharwani  |56 Answers  |Ask -

Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Apr 12, 2023

Harsh Bharwani is a fourth generation entrepreneur.
As CEO and managing director, he leads the international business and employability initiatives at the computer networking institute, Jetking Infotrain Limited.
After graduating from Delhi University, Bharwani joined the family business in 2010 and set up operations in the US and Vietnam.

I am managing a subsidiary of my father's business which I was hesitant to join but because of family pressure I had to. My relationship with my father is not very good so once a while I got to hear things which hurt my confidence and self esteem as I am reminded that I am nothing without his support. I admire a father's support to his children but putting it bluntly in insulting manner takes away its beauty. I am 35 and I feel that if I carry on like this I would be a man with no confidence and zero self esteem in next 5-10 years, my perception of a future is very depressing. Prior to joining this business, I had worked in several startups of mine for 5 years, so I can say, I got zero corporate experience. Now, I want to know if I look for a job at this stage will I be accepted? and what job options can i go with? I m ready to do internship without any expectation of reimbursements. Plz help me.

Ans: It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and it's understandable that you're feeling discouraged and lacking in confidence. It's important to remember that you have skills and experience from your previous work in startups, and those can be valuable in the job market.
If you're interested in looking for a job, I would encourage you to start by updating your resume and reaching out to your professional network to see if anyone knows of any opportunities. You could also consider working with a career coach or job placement agency to help you identify potential job options and prepare for interviews.
As for what job options you could pursue, that depends on your skills and interests. Some options could include roles in marketing, sales, customer service, or operations. You could also consider pursuing a job in a field that interests you, such as technology, healthcare, or finance.
Finally, it's important to remember that there is no shame in starting out in an entry-level role or doing an internship to gain more experience. This can be a great way to build your skills and confidence and open up new opportunities in the future.
Whatever you decide to do, make sure you're taking care of yourself and seeking support from friends, family, or a therapist if needed.

Career Coach  |42 Answers  |Ask -

Workplace Expert - Answered on May 22, 2024

I am 24 years old. I completed my MBA in operations from a private university last year. I have worked briefly with Infosys and Accenture but now I am not able to find jobs that match my profile. My dad runs a puncture and tyre repairing firm in Mangalore and wants me to expand his business. I am confused if I should work with my dad or gain some experience first?
Ans: Hi there!

It sounds like you're facing a bit of a dilemma, but don't worry—we'll sort this out together.

You've got two solid options in front of you:

1. Joining Your Dad's Business: This is a great opportunity to take your MBA skills for a spin and help expand the family business. You'll be in the driver's seat, making strategic decisions, and driving growth. Plus, you'll get to work closely with your dad, which could be a rewarding experience. Think of it as steering the family ship to new horizons!

2. Gaining More Experience First: If you're itching to spread your wings a bit more, gaining additional experience in the corporate world can add some serious horsepower to your career. Working at different companies can provide diverse experiences, new skills, and maybe even a few tales to share at the dinner table.

• How to Decide?

- Passion Check: Ask yourself what excites you more. Are you eager to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty with the family business, or are you looking to turbocharge your career with more corporate experience?

- Long-Term Goals: Consider where you see yourself in the next 5-10 years. Does taking the family business to new heights align with your goals, or do you dream of climbing the corporate ladder?

- Learning Opportunities: Both paths offer learning opportunities. With your dad, you'll get hands-on experience in running a business. In the corporate world, you'll gain exposure to different management styles and business practices.

• Talking to Your Dad

When discussing this with your dad, be open and honest about your thoughts. Explain your career aspirations and seek his advice. Who knows, he might offer insights that help make your decision easier.

Remember, there's no right or wrong choice here. Both paths have their own sets of challenges and rewards. Trust your instincts, keep your head high, and remember that you're capable of achieving great things, no matter which road you choose. Life's a journey, and you've got the skills to navigate it successfully.

Good luck, and remember to enjoy the ride!

I am about 68 year's I have two sons who are married via arranged process. My younger son's wife is educated teacher. But she had a torturous up bring during high school days. Leading to least interest in married life after marriage. She deserted my son soon after marriage. This led to break down in marriage now heading for a divorce. Please advise.
Ans: It sounds like a deeply painful situation for everyone involved, especially considering the emotional trauma your daughter-in-law experienced during her formative years.

It's important to recognize that individuals who have gone through traumatic experiences in their youth can carry emotional wounds that affect their relationships later in life. These scars may manifest in ways that make it difficult for them to fully engage in marital life or maintain a healthy relationship.

In situations like these, it’s crucial to approach with empathy and understanding. Your daughter-in-law’s decision to desert your son and pursue divorce likely stems from her own internal struggles and emotional turmoil. It’s not a reflection of your son’s worth or efforts within the marriage.

Moving forward, it might be helpful for your son to focus on his own healing and well-being. Encouraging him to seek support from friends, family, or a professional counselor can provide him with a safe space to process his emotions and navigate this challenging transition.

As a family, offering unconditional support and empathy to both your son and daughter-in-law can create an environment where healing and understanding can begin. It’s important to respect each individual’s journey and decisions while also recognizing the need for compassion during this difficult time.

Hi, I am 40 yr old woman. I am staying with my husband who always doubt me without any reason. As he is dependent on me. He is jobless from last 5 yr. I am the only earning person I don't have any type of attitude. While balancing professional as well as personal life I use to listen his bitter words every day. Not only that he started beating me like anything Just coz of so-called reputation I tolerate him. But 7 months back I came across with a man in my life we both started liking each other, I shared everything with him. But he left his job due to some issues with manager and started working somewhere else. He started ignoring me. Please help me out to understand what is right and wrong in this?
Ans: Balancing the pressures of professional life with the strain of an abusive marriage is a heavy burden, and you deserve to feel safe, respected, and valued.

Your husband's behavior—doubting you without cause, subjecting you to daily verbal abuse, and physically harming you—is deeply troubling and completely unacceptable. It's important to acknowledge that no matter the circumstances, you do not deserve to be treated this way. The fear of societal judgment and concerns about reputation are common reasons people stay in harmful relationships, but your well-being and safety are far more important than maintaining appearances.

Meeting someone who offers emotional support when you’re in such a painful situation is understandable. It’s natural to seek comfort and a connection when you're feeling isolated and mistreated. However, the new man's recent behavior, where he started ignoring you after changing jobs, might feel like another layer of abandonment. This is especially tough because you opened up and shared your struggles with him, hoping for understanding and companionship.

In terms of what’s right and wrong, it's essential to focus on your needs and well-being. Staying in an abusive relationship is harmful to your physical and emotional health. You have the right to seek safety and happiness. The relationship with the new man might have provided temporary emotional relief, but it seems he's not able to be the supportive presence you hoped for, especially now when he’s pulling away.
Right now, focus on what you need to feel safe and supported. Consider reaching out to trusted friends, family, or professional services who can help you navigate this challenging time. You deserve a life free from fear and filled with respect and care. Prioritizing your own happiness and safety is the most important step forward.