Mayank Rautela  |238 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Jul 01, 2021

Mayank Rautela is the group chief human resources officer at Care Hospitals.
vijay Question by vijay on Jul 01, 2021Hindi

Hello Mayank.
I am an HR professional, 43 years old, with 15 years of experience. I was working with a CMM level 5 software organisation till 2013.
Then I joined the government sector as a contract employee in a similar role.
I have done this for six years and I feel my skills are not utilised properly. There is no scope for improvement and I am underpaid.
I am looking to rejoin the corporate sector but my profile is getting shortlisted at any job that I apply for. Help me!
Vijay
Working in Bengaluru

Hi Vijay.

The transition from the government sector to the corporate sector is not going to be tough for you as you have been successful there.

You also have the right skill sets. What you need is ‘networking'.

Connect with the right organisations and people who need process-oriented HR folks.

Use LinkedIn as the medium to connect.

I can tell you that healthcare is one segment that will value your skills as CMM-certified HR professional.

Mayank Rautela  |238 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Mar 02, 2021

Hi Mayank,Hope you are doing great.I am Jitendranath, 45 years, from Hyderabad. I am writing this after reading your article on Rediff.Basically I am a mechanical engineer having 20+ years of experience in the EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) and manufacturing industry in the procurement/SCM function.I worked with companies like Fenner and Kirby in Hyderabad before moving to Thermax, Pune, where I worked for 6+ years. I then returned to Hyderabad with the intention of starting a small business.But, even after four years, I couldn't succeed in establishing my business and lost all the capital. So I started searching for suitable positions.I have had no success since the past two years as the EPC and manufacturing industry is itself struggling for several years (since 2012) from scams like coalgate, policy paralysis, demonetisation, GST and now COVID-19.Even though there are a few jobs in the market, I may not be meeting their requirements.Could you please help me?How I should change and develop my skills to meet current and future demand so that I get a suitable job? I am the single source of income for my family of six.Thanks and regards,Jitendranath V

Hi Jitendranath.

I believe you have the right foundation to restart your corporate career.

You can plan that with these specific points:

1. With your background in EPC, and with the economy looking up, you can focus on infrastructure and the real estate industry.

2. You can also explore opportunities in international markets like the Middle East and Canada.

3. With 20 years of experience, you must continue to focus on managerial and leadership competencies.

All the best.

Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Nov 03, 2023

Hi Abhishek, I have around 15 years of experience in HR generalist role. I have done my education in distance mode while I am on job. I started my career as data entry operator in HR and rose upto the level of manager in infrastructure industry from 2007 to 2020 from 2021 to 2022 nov I have worked in ITES US staffing firm. Due to health and personal issues I had to quit the job. From 2023 Jan onwards I am searching for job but of no use till date I am unemployed I have to pay EMI every month. I am unable to figure out why my profile is working in the market. Is it my education background which is hampering my chances or what I am unable to figure out. Can u please help me to understand and figure out how to come out of the situation to land in a job.
Ans: Hi Ramgopal,

I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you're facing in your job search. It's not uncommon for experienced professionals to encounter difficulties when re-entering the job market, and there could be several factors at play. Let's explore some potential reasons and strategies to overcome them:

Education Background: While you mentioned that you pursued your education through distance learning, it's essential to highlight your years of work experience. Many employers prioritize practical experience over formal education, especially in HR roles. Ensure that your resume and cover letter emphasize your extensive 15 years of experience and the skills you've gained during that time.

Resume and LinkedIn Profile: Make sure that your resume and LinkedIn profile are up-to-date, professional, and tailored to the roles you're applying for. Highlight your achievements, skills, and certifications relevant to HR or staffing.

Networking: Leverage your professional network. Reach out to former colleagues, supervisors, and contacts you've made during your career. Attend industry-specific events, conferences, and webinars to network and stay updated on industry trends.

Job Search Strategy: Be strategic in your job search. Target companies and roles that align with your experience and skills. Tailor your application to each job, emphasizing how your background makes you a strong candidate.

Skill Enhancement: Consider updating your skills to align with the current HR and ITES industry requirements. You may want to take online courses or certifications to boost your qualifications and demonstrate your commitment to ongoing professional development.

Interview Preparation: If you're getting interviews but not job offers, work on your interview skills. Practice common HR interview questions and refine your responses. Focus on showcasing how your experience is an asset to potential employers.

Consult a Career Coach: Consider seeking guidance from a career coach or mentor who can provide personalized advice and help you identify areas for improvement.

Be Patient and Persistent: The job market can be competitive, and job searches can take time, especially when you've been out of work for a period. Stay persistent and keep applying to positions that match your skills and experience.

Financial Planning: Given your EMI commitments, it might be wise to revisit your budget and explore options for temporary or part-time work to help manage your financial obligations while continuing your job search.

Self-Care: Lastly, it's essential to take care of your health and personal issues. A healthy and balanced mindset can positively impact your job search efforts.

Remember that job searches can be challenging, and rejection is a part of the process. Stay resilient, keep refining your approach, and you'll increase your chances of landing a suitable role in the HR or ITES industry. If you encounter specific challenges along the way, consider seeking advice from professionals in your network or career experts.

Best regards,
Abhishek Shah
Samraat

Samraat Jadhav  |1651 Answers  |Ask -

Stock Market Expert - Answered on Apr 20, 2024

hi sir : my son doing job since two year monthly earning is 60 K. but his saving is nil. pl. advice where to invest
Ans: It's great that your son has started earning, and it's essential to guide him on saving and investing for the future. Here's a step-by-step investment plan tailored for him:

Emergency Fund: Start by building an emergency fund equivalent to 3-6 months of expenses. This fund should be easily accessible, like a savings account or a liquid fund.
Debt Repayment: If he has any high-interest debts like credit card bills or personal loans, it's wise to clear those first to avoid paying hefty interest.
Investment Options:
Equity Mutual Funds: For long-term wealth creation, he can start SIPs in diversified equity funds. A mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and multi-cap funds can provide growth.
PPF (Public Provident Fund): A tax-efficient and safe option for long-term savings with a lock-in period of 15 years.
NPS (National Pension System): A retirement-focused investment with tax benefits, offering a mix of equity, corporate bonds, and government securities.
Term Insurance: Since he's working, consider getting a term insurance plan to ensure financial security for his dependents.
Health Insurance: A comprehensive health insurance plan to cover medical emergencies can provide financial security and tax benefits.
Budgeting and Savings: Encourage him to create a monthly budget to track expenses and identify areas to save. Automating investments through SIPs can also help in disciplined saving.
Financial Education: Educate him about the importance of financial planning, saving, and investing. Encourage him to read books or attend workshops on personal finance.
Starting early with disciplined saving and investing can help him build a substantial corpus over time. Encourage him to consult a financial advisor for personalized guidance tailored to his financial goals and risk tolerance.