Ashwini

Ashwini Dasgupta  |71 Answers  |Ask -

Personality Development Expert, Career Coach - Answered on Mar 16, 2024

Ashwini Dasgupta is a personality development coach and a neuro-linguistic programming trainer.
She has 15 years of experience training corporate professionals and has worked at Amazon, JP Morgan, Nomura and Satyam among others.
As a career coach, Ashwini specialises in helping growth-minded IT corporate managers develop their self-worth and create the right mindset so that they can achieve their career goals.
Besides corporate training, she offers personal consultations as well.
Ashwini holds a master’s degree in human resources from the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai, and is a certified NLP trainer from the National Federation of NeuroLinguistic Programming, USA.
She has completed her soft skills training and image consultancy course from the Image Consulting Business Institute, Mumbai

Hi ma'am, I am 26 years old and I have overall 4 years of work experience in hedge fund and private equity administration department, I left my job in. August 2023 as my family business was undergoing some crisis but now it is stable and I want to join corporate again but unable to get any jobs and my CV is getting rejected. Please advise.

Ans: Dear Sir/ Madam,

Few tips for your reference-

Update your cv - call out the key skills as per the industry and tailor your resume as per the job you are interested in.
Networking- For example reach out to ex colleagues, Alumni meets, be active on platforms like linkedin and other professional and relevant industry groups.
Skill development- while you are looking for job work on developing your skills relating to data management, financial analysis etc
Research the organizations you are keen to join.
You can also look at contractual/ freelancing roles until you get the job you want. This will add to your experience.

All the best. Hope this helps

To Your Success
Thanks and Regards
Ashwini Dasgupta
Author of Confidence Decoded. Is it a Skill or Attitude?

Dear Sir, I have an offer from Manipal Udupi (main campus) in joining Mechanical (from 3rd round of counseling). I am not interested on Mechanical, and I do not have any other offers in hand. I am thinking of dropping this year and preparing of JEE next year. Please note, my JEE result was below 80% percentile and PCM at 80% this year. Is it advisable to drop a year or going with Mech in Manipal-U (I am hearing that there would be few more intra-campus counselling rounds which might change my position from mech to other streams like electrical or electronics.
Ans: Bibek, what are you are referring is sliding / upgrading to other streams. Please note this depends upon the demands by other students belonging to Mechanical for ECE/CSE/EEE etc. and also your academic performance in 1st year. I normally do not recommend 'drop'. Besides, keeping in view your score in Board/JEE, it is not advisable. Better to join Manipal-Main Campus for Mechanical & try for sliding.

Some suggestions before / after joining Manipal. (1) Have a thorough research about Manipal Main Campus about its culture, hostel facilities, internship opportunities, placement records, infrastructure, faculties, quality of teaching etc. to yourself get mentally prepared (2) Keep upgrading your skills (3) Create a Professional LinkedIn Profile and keep updating it every 3-months, using keywords related to your domain / skills (4) Put Job Alerts in LinkeIn to get notifications to know about Job Market Trends to keep yourself updated (5) Connect with Professionals of your domain (not to ask for jobs) to gain knowledge from them and their views. All the Best for Your Bright Future.

To Know More on 'Education | Careers | Jobs', Ask / Follows us in RediffGURUS.

Aasif Ahmed Khan

Aasif Ahmed Khan   |64 Answers  |Ask -

Tech Career Expert - Answered on Jul 13, 2024

I had requested a company to provide internship plus project for my regular M.Tech course, instead i was offered internship plus job and contribution to pf was also there. In 3rd Sem we need to do internship which ended at Jan 2021, pf contribution started for month of October 2020. In 4th sem, no subject only project and i continued my job and project parallely This was during covid time, will this be a problem to work in IT gaint like TCS, If Yes, what best can i do ?
Ans: Having both an internship and a job during your M.Tech is commendable. It shows your commitment and multitasking abilities. The contribution to your provident fund (PF) is an added benefit. Remember, many successful professionals have navigated similar situations. Your dedication and adaptability will be valuable assets.

The pandemic accelerated the move toward hybrid workplaces, combining remote and in-person work. IT companies are increasingly open to flexible arrangements. Highlight your adaptability and remote work experience during interviews.

Update your resume and LinkedIn profile to reflect your internship, job, and project experience. Emphasize the skills you gained during your job and project. Showcase any relevant technologies or tools. Connect with professionals in your field. Attend virtual events and webinars. Prepare for technical interviews. Practice coding, algorithms, and system design. Understand TCS’s work culture, values, and projects. During interviews, explain your situation honestly. Highlight your achievements and how you managed both work and studies.

Aasif Ahmed Khan

Aasif Ahmed Khan   |64 Answers  |Ask -

My son recently completed his Btech Mechanical at Thapar Institute but still waiting for placement.He got 8.5 cg till 7th sem and cg of 8th sem not declared yet and I hope he will not get less than previous cg. Please guide us about his placement. Can he placed of campus? or but about his study now.
Ans: Job searches can be challenging, but persistence pays off. Remind your son to stay positive, keep refining his approach, and learn from any setbacks. Remember that every student’s journey is unique, and there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. Encourage your son to explore both on-campus and off-campus options, and support him throughout the process. Your son’s strong CGPA can certainly attract recruiters during these placement drives.

If on-campus placements don’t yield immediate results, off-campus placements are an alternative. Off-campus placements involve applying directly to companies outside the college. Your son can explore job portals, company websites, and networking platforms to find relevant job openings. Tailor his resume, write personalized cover letters, and apply proactively.

While waiting for placements, your son can enhance his skills. Consider certifications, online courses, or projects related to mechanical engineering. Practical experience and domain-specific knowledge can make him more attractive to employers. Networking plays a crucial role in off-campus placements. Encourage your son to connect with alumni, industry professionals, and attend job fairs or industry events.

Aasif Ahmed Khan

Aasif Ahmed Khan   |64 Answers  |Ask -