Praseeja

Praseeja Nambiar  |32 Answers  |Ask -

Career Counselling Expert - Answered on Jul 04, 2023

An internationally certified career coach, Praseeja Nambiar works as a counsellor at the Stonehill International School, Bengaluru.
In the last nine years, she has helped over 1,000 students with their admissions into Indian and international universities.
Nambiar received her training from Global Career Counselling and the University of California, LA (UCLA) Extension and is certified as a career coach by Certified Career Services Provider.
She contributes to the International Career and College Counselling institute by training other counsellors across the globe.
Irfan Question by Irfan on Jun 02, 2023Translate

I am IBDP student. I want to know the undergraduate degree options available for me in India

Ans: Hi Irfan, what are your current subjects, what is your current score and what course are you looking at? I can then help you find a lost of colleges that you can be eligible to apply within India.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Jan 11, 2024

Hello , My son will be completing IGSCE 10th and would require guidance should it be AS Level or IBDP ?if he plan to go for Masters later abroad should he continue with AS Level or IBDP ? As graudation will be Normal University
Ans: Hello Jyothish,

To begin with, thank you for contacting us. I am happy to hear that your son is studying the IGSCE curriculum and will be completing his 10th grade. To answer your question first, I would like to let you know that the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) and the AS Level, both have their own advantages. Nevertheless, your son’s interests, strengths, as well as the prerequisites of the universities he intends pursuing his Master's degree at play a key role in his decision. I would like to tell you that owing to the subject-oriented approach provided by AS Levels, students’ can concentrate extensively on the subjects opted for by them. IBDP, on the contrary, entailing a range of disciplines in addition to the Theory of Knowledge (TOK) and Extended Essay (EE), provides a comprehensive curriculum, in turn, fostering an all-encompassing academic learning process. You would be glad to know that both these credentials are globally accepted in order to secure admission to foreign universities. Although the IBDP may be favored by certain universities owing to its comprehensive approach, the degree of information provided by AS Levels may be valued equally by others. In order to make an educated choice that best matches his academic abilities as well as future ambitions, I would recommend that your son conducts an all-round study on the universities he intends studying at and looks into their unique prerequisites.

Patrick

Patrick Dsouza  |57 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, XAT, CMAT, CET Expert - Answered on Feb 23, 2024

Workplace Expert - Answered on Feb 23, 2024

Hello Sir, Don't disclose my name, I am working in boarding school from last 2 year's, last year principal changed and he is giving lot of work (harassing staff ) so around 50% of staff left the school. he is not appointing new staff also. hardly 2-3 staff he has appointed. In my department 3 staff ware there now I am alone, he is not appointing any one, so I am alone handling all the classes. he has increased the work also. So I decided to leave the work and I got the work also. I have sent my resignation letter through mail. In my appointment letter they have mentioned “During the probation period your service may be terminated by ONE MONTH NOTICE on “either side or Salary in lieu of notice” and The relieving date in all circumstances will not be earlier than the last day of the academic year unless the school terminates. if you are working on any assignment when you tender your resignation such assignment must be completed to the satisfaction of the school before your services will be released. As allocation of subject teaching is a duty allocated for the academic year the reliving date will not be earlier than the last date of the academic year in which the resignation is tender. The school does not encourage mid term session dis continuation of services. School academic year will ends in April. At the time of appointment they have taken all my original certificates. But when I sent my resignation with one month notice period they replied as per your request, you will be relived after the completion of required formalities and work as per service rules. But, yet they are not mentioning what are the work to complete. After one month notice period immediately I have to join my new job. otherwise i will miss my opportunity. orally simply they are extending my date. At present they have extended 15 days after my last day of my notice period. kindly guide me how to solve the problem, get back my originals and join my new job smoothly. Regards
Ans: Please consult a lawyer