Dr Kishore

Dr Kishore Managoli  |8 Answers  |Ask -

NEET-PG, USMLE, NEXT exam expert - Answered on Apr 14, 2023

Dr Kishore Managoli is the founder and principal educator at Mendell Academy, which provides coaching to medical aspirants appearing for the United States Medical Licensing Examination, National Eligibility cum Entrance Test-PG, the Institute of National Importance Combined Entrance Test, National Exit Test, Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board and United Kingdom Medical Licensing Assessment.
He is a senior pathologist, scientist, medical educator and entrepreneur with over 30 years of clinical experience and interdisciplinary expertise in medical knowledge management, pharmaceutical research and corporate governance.
R Question by R on Mar 28, 2023Translate

Hello Mam. My son is a MBBS doctor, now he has cleared NEET PG exam with good rank, he want to take dermatology or Radio branch in MD. But I preferred Pediatrics or good clinical branch. Please suggest whether my son's choice is good or not.

Ans: Excellent choice! All the best.

IIT-JEE, NEET-UG, SAT, CLAT, CA, CS Exam Expert - Answered on Apr 07, 2023

My son has Completed 12.what medical couse has good scope and which is best except MBBS pls suggest us and good course with good salary
Ans: Hello Steven,
Apart from MBBS, there is BDS, BAMS, and BHMS.

Below are some medical-related B.Sc courses after the 12th that are not so common but have scope in the present as well as the future:

Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT) - This course is related to the diagnosis and treatment of diseases through the analysis of blood, tissue, and other bodily fluids.

Bachelor of Optometry and Vision Science (BOVS) - This course is related to the diagnosis and treatment of vision disorders, including the use of contact lenses, glasses, and other corrective devices.

Bachelor of Respiratory Therapy (BRT) - This course is related to the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory diseases, including the use of oxygen therapy and mechanical ventilation.

Bachelor of Nuclear Medicine Technology (BNMT) - This course is related to the use of radioactive materials to diagnose and treat diseases, including cancer.

Bachelor of Neurophysiology Technology (BNT) - This course is related to the diagnosis and treatment of neurological disorders, including the operation of equipment such as EEG and EMG machines.

Bachelor of Perfusion Technology (BPT) - This course is related to the use of heart-lung machines to support patients during cardiac surgery.

Bachelor of Medical Imaging Technology (BMIT) - This course is related to the use of medical imaging technologies, such as MRI, CT, and X-ray machines, to diagnose and treat diseases.

Bachelor of Renal Dialysis Technology (BRDT) - This course is related to the use of dialysis machines to treat patients with kidney disease.

Forensic Science: You can opt for a career in forensic science by pursuing a B.Sc. in Forensic Science or M.Sc. in Forensic Science.

Pharmacy: You can opt for a career in pharmacy by pursuing a B.Pharm or M.Pharm.

For any further help & guidance, you can contact me through our social media handle named CAREERSTREETS.

I will be retiring in October 2024 and expecting a retirement corpus of Rs 80 lakh. I would be spending 60 per cent of this amount on my son’s medical admission and studies. How should I invest the rest in different sectors to earn monthly income of nearly about 40,000?
Ans: Given your retirement corpus of Rs 80 lakh and your plan to allocate 60% of it towards your son's medical admission and studies, which amounts to Rs 48 lakh, you'll have Rs 32 lakh remaining for investment. To generate a monthly income of approximately Rs 40,000, you'll need to carefully plan your investment strategy. Here's a suggested approach:

1. Assess Your Risk Tolerance: Before investing, consider your risk tolerance, investment horizon, and financial goals. Since you're retiring soon and seeking a regular monthly income, it's advisable to focus on relatively stable and income-generating investment options.

2. Allocate Funds: With Rs 32 lakh available for investment, you can allocate the amount across different investment instruments to achieve diversification and manage risk.

3 Income-Generating Investments: To generate a monthly income of Rs 40,000, you'll need investments that offer regular payouts. Here are some options to consider:

a. Senior Citizen Savings Scheme (SCSS): This government-backed savings scheme offers quarterly interest payouts. You can invest up to Rs 15 lakh individually and earn regular income at a fixed interest rate, currently around 7.4% per annum.

b. Post Office Monthly Income Scheme (POMIS): Another government-backed scheme that provides monthly income. The maximum investment limit is Rs 4.5 lakh for an individual account and Rs 9 lakh for a joint account. The current interest rate is around 6.6% per annum.

c. Fixed Deposits (FDs): Consider investing a portion of your corpus in fixed deposits offered by banks or financial institutions. Opt for monthly interest payout FDs to generate regular income.

d. Debt Mutual Funds: Invest a portion in debt mutual funds that focus on generating steady income with relatively lower risk compared to equity funds. Choose funds with a track record of consistent returns and low expense ratios.

4. Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP): For investments in mutual funds or other growth-oriented instruments, consider setting up a systematic withdrawal plan. SWP allows you to withdraw a fixed amount regularly, which can serve as your monthly income.

5. Emergency Fund: Set aside a portion of your corpus as an emergency fund to cover unexpected expenses or contingencies. This fund should be easily accessible and parked in liquid or low-risk instruments like savings accounts or liquid funds.

6. Review and Adjust: Regularly review your investment portfolio to ensure it remains aligned with your financial goals and income requirements. Adjust your asset allocation and investment strategy as needed based on changing market conditions and personal circumstances.

It's crucial to consult with a financial advisor or planner who can provide personalised advice based on your specific situation and goals. They can help you create a comprehensive retirement plan and investment strategy tailored to your needs, risk tolerance, and income requirements. Additionally, consider tax implications on your investment income and consult with a tax advisor to optimise your tax efficiency.