Chandu

Chandu Nair  |55 Answers  |Ask -

VC, Angel Investing, Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Jul 30, 2023

Chandu Nair advises entrepreneurs and enterprises about creating and building their business.
He has direct experience in angel, venture capital and strategic investor funding. Over the last three decades, he has made a name for himself in industry, consultancy, media and information services.
Nair is on the advisory boards of the Chennai-based private equity firm Fulcrum and the social impact fund, Menterra. He's an independent director on the board of India's first retail building products company, Shankara Building Products Limited.

As I have experince in the field of Safety of metal Industries, i want to start my own business in semi-urban area of Bihar. KIndly advise the nature and type of business, whether opening a wholesale shop of House building materials like cement, tiles, TMTs. In case i start a agro based consumable foods etc. from where can i get govt help to start-up business.

Ans: What kind of help are you looking for to start your own business? It's not clear.
It's preferable to start a business where you have experience, knowledge and connections/ network plus it's a growing,large market. You would need to study the market you plan to operate in, check out who are the competitors, kind of customers, where there are gaps in the market, which suppliers would be the ones to work with etc. That can help you arrive at a few (2-3) viable choices which you need to examine in depth including talking to suppliers, dealers, influencers, buyers etc before you make a final decision. It's possible that such conversations can lead to active business propositions too. Building materials is a large market. It's also competitive and margins widely vary across product categories.
Food processing/agro industries too have opportunities. Government departments such as MSME department of the local State governments plus Ministry of Food Processing, Government of India and others have project and industry reports. Financial assistance schemes too may be available Example https://www.mofpi.gov.in/Schemes/related-schemes-other-agencies

Harsh

Harsh Bharwani  |56 Answers  |Ask -

Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Aug 10, 2023

Dear Sir, I am a civil engineer living in Chandrapur it is a small city. I have a experience of 25 years as quality in-charge. Hence i want to start my own business as a consultant for constructions and civil solutions. Please guide me how an from where I shall start
Ans: One should first gain as much practical experience as possible before starting on your own. As mentioned by you, you are strong at structural subjects at B-Tech level. But you will see that practical structural design is way different than the theoretical ones.

Though the design concepts remain same, the onsite execution factors play an important role in finalizing your design data. Additionally, you being an independent consultant, you will have to learn the entire process starting from Tendering, preparing BOQs, Design report submissions, onsite visits etc.,. To understand the nuances of each step, I would suggest you to get some 5 years of exposure under some consultant and then you will be confident to start on your own.

Coming to software's (which will be helpful even for working under a consultant), you should start from AutoCad (for building plans, drafting etc.,) then for analysis part you can use any of the renown building packages like MIDAS, CSI products, Bentley Products. There is no hard and fast rule to follow a particular one. You can get a grip on any one of these and perform the tasks. All the very best for your future!

There are a few construction business ideas for beginners that can get you started in this exciting and ever-growing industry. The construction industry is full of opportunity, so if you’re considering starting your own business, now is a great time to do it.

Many different successful construction business models can be effective in the construction industry. The key is to find the model that best suits your company’s strengths and weaknesses.

One common business model is the design-build model. In this model, the construction company takes on both the design and construction phases of a project. This can be a good option for companies with strong engineering and construction capabilities.

Harsh

Harsh Bharwani  |56 Answers  |Ask -

Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Aug 24, 2023

I am a State Govt. Employee in Tripura. I want to start a business. Please help me.
Ans: Starting a business involves planning, making crucial fiscal opinions, and completing a series of legal conditioning. Read on to learn about each step. Conduct request exploration request exploration will tell you if there’s an occasion to turn your idea into a successful business. It’s a way to gather information about implicit guests and businesses formerly operating in your area. Use that information to find a competitive advantage for your business.
Write your business plan your business plan is the foundation of your business. It’s a roadmap for how to structure, run, and grow your new business. You’ll use it to move people that working with you — or investing in your company is a smartchoice. Fund your business your business plan will help you figure out how important plutocrat you’ll need to start your business. However, you’ll need to either raise or adopt the capital, If you do not have that quantum on hand. Fortunately, there are more ways than ever to find the capital you need.
Pick your business position your business position is one of the most important opinions you’ll make. Whether you’re setting up a slipup- and- mortar business or launching an online store, the choices you make could affect your levies, legal conditions, and profit.
Choose a business structure the legal structure you choose for your business will impact your business enrollment conditions, how important you pay in levies, and your particular liability. Choose your business name It’s not easy to pick the perfect name. You’ll want one that reflects your brand and captures your spirit. You’ll also want to make sure your business name is n’t formerly being used by someone differently.
Register your business Once you’ve picked the perfect business name, it’s time to make it legal and cover your brand. However, you’ll need to register with the civil government, and perhaps your state government, If you’re doing business under a name different than your own.
Get civil and state duty IDs you’ll use your employer identification number ( EIN) for important way to start and grow your business, like opening a bank account and paying levies. It’s like a social security number for your business. Some but not all — countries bear you to get a duty ID as well. Apply for licenses and permits keep your business running easily by staying fairly biddable. The licenses and permits you need for your business will vary by assiduity, state, position, and other factors.
Open a business bank account A small business checking account can help you handle legal, duty, and day- to- day issues. The good news is it’s easy to set one up if you have the right enrollments and paperwork ready.

Baqar Iftikhar

Baqar Iftikhar Naqvi  |112 Answers  |Ask -

Start-up Mentor - Answered on Sep 16, 2023

Baqar Iftikhar

Start-up Mentor - Answered on Sep 18, 2023

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Jun 22, 2024

Is master degree in physiotherapy from Canada along with bachelor degree in physiotherapy enough to settle in canada

To begin with, thank you for contacting us. As an answer to your query, I would like to tell you that to settle in Canada, a master’s degree in physiotherapy from Canada along with a bachelor's degree in physiotherapy can be sufficient. You would be glad to know that degrees earned from Canada can improve your eligibility for immigration and employment substantially. Physiotherapy being a licensed profession in Canada, I would like to tell you that you will require to get your credentials recognised by the regulatory agency in the province or territory you intend working in. This frequently entails an evaluation of your education and potentially taking additional tests, or acquiring professional experience in Canada.

Moreover, obtaining a master’s degree from a university in Canada can also assist you with the Express Entry immigration system, by raising your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score, thereby, enhancing your chances of being invited to submit an application for permanent residency (PR). Furthermore, your resume can be further strengthened by adding work experience acquired in Canada via post-graduate work permits. Hence, your academic background coupled with fulfilling regulatory and immigration standards can help you settle in Canada.

For more information, you can visit our website: www.edwiseinternational.com

You can also follow us on our Instagram page: edwiseint

Should I join Bennett University
Ans: Hello Hitesh,

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. To answer your question first, I would like to tell you that your academic and professional objectives, as well as your personal choices play a key role in deciding whether to join Bennett University. Founded by the Times of India Group, Bennett University, is renowned for its strong focus on entrepreneurship, innovation, and industry-focused education. I would like to let you know that a vast array of undergraduate and postgraduate programs with state-of-the-art infrastructure, knowledgeable teachers, as well as partnerships with international organizations are offered by this university. Not just that, Bennett University boasts a strong placement record and emphasizes on overall development via a range of extracurricular activities.

Nevertheless, I would suggest that you take into account variables viz., the location, educational offerings, experience of the faculty members, and campus amenities. You should also compare it with other universities you are interested in, in terms of academic standing, career assistance, and student feedback. Lastly, in order to acquire more knowledge and assist in making an educated choice, I would recommend that you visit the campus, speak to students presently studying there, and participate in informational sessions.

Sir my daughter is in grade 9.Can you please suggest some preparation strategy for iit-jee .Which is the best online coaching for iit-jee foundation for grade 9.
Ans: Prefer ALLEN Online Coaching Classes. AhaGuru is another Better Option, if fees of Allen is More. However, If you join AhaGURU, join just Allen's Online Test Series also to practice questions online. Go to both Website, check & choose more suitable one for you.

NOW Coming to Preparation Strategies:

(1) Whenever you study at home, study for 45-minutes. Then take a break of 10-minutes when you can move away from your study table, walk, have some water & relax. If you continue studying beyond 45-minutes, your concentration power will go down, resulting to low output. Most students commit this mistake. (2) On daily basis (morning or evening whichever will be convenient to you), do yoga or meditation or physical exercises or play any games / sports for at least 30-45 minutes. This will further reduce your stress / distractions. (3) Study tough topics / tough subjects (applicable to you) early morning with your fresh mind. (4) Eat a lot of green vegetables / fruits which you can afford for & Avoid soft drinks (5) Every day night, before going to bed, revise whatever you have studied during the day. (6) Also, revise every week whatever you have covered till date (here your short-notes which you should prepare will be helpful). (7) Keep practising questions on topics which you have covered either offline or online (8) Give utmost importance to wrongly answered / difficult / complicated / tough questions and have a separate note-book specially for this for each subject (PCM) (8) You might be aware that JEE rank is allotted on the basis of highest score in Maths, followed by Physics & Chemistry. Practice more and more in Maths, till you reach Speed & Accuracy (9) By the end of 9th/10th/11th/12th standard (December-January), attempt fully syllabus online test series, evaluate and analyse your performance such as, (a) which topic / unit / concept you are weak which needs your revision and improvement as this will disturb you when you appear in actual JEE exam (b) abnormal time taken to attempt any question which you can come to know from Online Test Series which you should reduce (c) which questions you skipped and why? (10) Please AVOID studying under pressure that you should get admission only into IITs/ NITs. Never advisable. Any one can be successful, even if he / she studies in NON-IIT / NON-NIT Colleges also. (11) Have Plan B & Plan C for other Colleges Entrance Exams / Disciplines-Streams. (11) Avoid comparing yourself with other students. (12) Also, it is highly ideal to appear in / attempt minimum 5-Entrance Exams (for both Govt & Private Engineering Colleges). You will have a lot of options (easiest method) to choose the best and most suitable one, keeping in view a lot of factors such as, College | Location | Your Interest | Stream Preference | Placement Records | College Culture | Your Short & Long Term Goals | Pressure You Can Go Through | Your AIR & Job Market Condition when you apply for your BTech & Even after. I hope I have answered to your question with value additions.

All the BEST for your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, please Ask / Follow me in RediffGURU here.