Aashish

Aashish Sood  |80 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, Management Expert - Answered on May 20, 2023

Aashish Sood is an IIM-Lucknow alumnus who has been teaching maths and quantitative aptitude to MBA aspirants for over a decade.
He also mentors management student hopefuls for the group discussion and personal interview rounds that follow competitive examinations.
He has appeared for CAT seven times since 2016 and scored in the 99.9 percentile.
C Question by C on May 17, 2023Translate

My daughter interested in fashion design. Presently in Class X. She wants to join in Arts in Class IX. Please suggest good colleges in Kolkata / Hyderabad / Chennai.

Ans: Sure! Here are some renowned colleges in Kolkata, Hyderabad, and Chennai for fashion design:

Kolkata:

National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Kolkata
Pearl Academy, Kolkata
International Institute of Fashion Technology (IIFT), Kolkata
St. Xavier's College, Kolkata (offers fashion design courses)

Hyderabad:

National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Hyderabad
National Institute of Design (NID), Hyderabad (offers fashion design courses)
Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNAFAU), Hyderabad

Chennai:

National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Chennai
Loyola College, Chennai (offers fashion design courses)
Chennai Government Arts College (offers fashion design courses)

These are just a few examples, and there may be other colleges available in these cities as well. It's advisable to research each college's curriculum, faculty, and infrastructure to determine the best fit for your daughter's aspirations.

Harsh

Harsh Bharwani  |55 Answers  |Ask -

Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Feb 27, 2023

My daughters is in 12 with humanities. She is interested in designing- product designing Give few option of best private institute in india and abroad Is it a promising field or vfx is better .
Ans: There are private institutes in India that offer programs in product design and VFX, and the best option to consider is:

Gaming and Metaverse Design: This has to be the best course for your daughter. It's one of the 1st ever industry-certified gaming & metaverse design course. The course will teach both product design and VFX so once your daughter graduates from the course, you can take the decision or let her decide which one out of the 2 to choose.

The course also comes with a 100% job guarantee and is in a fast-growing industry. The metaverse industry is expected to become a $1 trillion industry by 2030 so getting your daughter early into this reap rewards in the long term.

In terms of whether product design or VFX is a better field, it ultimately depends on your daughter's interests and career goals. Both fields have promising career prospects in the Metaverse industry and offer unique opportunities for creative expression.

Product design would involve designing virtual or immersive environments in metaverse platforms like Roblox or Decentraland, creating mini-games in Metaverses, and creating Augmented or virtual reality experiences and/or NFTs (non-fungible tokens).

VFX involves creating special effects and animations in virtual environments. If your daughter is interested in both fields, she may want to consider enrolling in the course - "Gaming and Metaverse Design" to explore both these options. Learning about both or doing an internship will help the both of you to decide which route to take.
Harsh

Harsh Bharwani  |55 Answers  |Ask -

Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on May 25, 2023

Hi! My daughter is 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. She wants to pursue degree program in Fashion Designing. Please let me know the best institutes for Fashion Designing degree program and also the career prospects in this field.
Ans: Thank you for reaching out and expressing your daughter's interest in pursuing a degree program in Fashion Designing. It's wonderful to see her passion and enthusiasm for the field. I understand the importance of guiding students towards the right educational institutes and helping them make informed career choices.
When it comes to Fashion Designing, there are several renowned institutes in India that offer excellent degree programs. Here are some of the best institutes for Fashion Designing degree programs:
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT): NIFT is a premier institute dedicated to fashion education and research. It has multiple campuses across India and offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Fashion Design, Textile Design, and more.
National Institute of Design (NID): NID is renowned for its comprehensive design education. While it primarily focuses on industrial and product design, it also offers fashion-related programs that integrate design thinking with fashion aesthetics.
Pearl Academy: Pearl Academy is a leading institute that offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Fashion Design, Communication Design, and other creative disciplines. It has campuses in Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur, and Noida.
Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID): SID, under the umbrella of Symbiosis International University, offers a Bachelor of Design program in Fashion Communication, Fashion Design, and other design specializations.
National Institute of Fashion Design (NIFD): NIFD is a reputed institute that offers a wide range of fashion-related programs, including a Bachelor's degree in Fashion Designing.
These institutes have established themselves as leaders in the field of fashion education, and their programs provide a comprehensive mix of practical training, industry exposure, and theoretical knowledge.
In terms of career prospects in the field of Fashion Designing, there are several opportunities for talented individuals. Some potential career paths include:
Fashion Designer: Designing and creating clothing, accessories, and footwear for various segments of the fashion industry.
Fashion Stylist: Collaborating with clients or brands to curate fashion looks for photoshoots, events, or personal styling.
Fashion Illustrator: Creating visual representations of fashion ideas through sketches or digital illustrations.
Fashion Merchandiser: Managing the buying and selling of fashion products, analyzing market trends, and coordinating with manufacturers and retailers.
Fashion Entrepreneur: Establishing one's own fashion label or brand, from designing and production to marketing and sales.
The fashion industry offers a dynamic and evolving environment, and with creativity, dedication, and industry knowledge, your daughter can carve a successful career in this field.
I would also encourage her to explore internships, participate in fashion shows, and build a strong portfolio, as these experiences can enhance her practical skills and open doors to exciting opportunities in the industry.
I wish your daughter all the best in her pursuit of a degree in Fashion Designing and her future career. Should you have any further questions or require additional guidance, please feel free to reach out.
Aashish

Aashish Sood  |80 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, Management Expert - Answered on May 26, 2023

My daughter studying in XII standard Commerce is interested in Fashion designing. Can you suggest some good institutes in and around Delhi NCR and Jaipur
Ans: Here are some reputed institutes in and around Delhi NCR in fashion designing:

National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Delhi: NIFT is one of the premier institutes for fashion designing in India, with its Delhi campus being highly esteemed. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in fashion designing.

Pearl Academy, Delhi/Noida: Pearl Academy is a renowned institution offering various programs in fashion designing, including undergraduate, postgraduate, and diploma courses. It has campuses in Delhi and Noida.

JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi: JD Institute is a well-established institute that offers diploma and undergraduate programs in fashion designing. It has a campus in Delhi.

Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology (NIIFT), Mohali: Although located in Mohali, Punjab, NIIFT is relatively close to Delhi NCR. It offers courses in fashion designing and related fields.

Footwear Design and Development Institute (FDDI), Noida: FDDI is a premier institute specializing in footwear design and development. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various aspects of footwear design.

In Jaipur, you may consider the following institutes:

National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Jodhpur: NIFT has a campus in Jodhpur, which is relatively close to Jaipur. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in fashion designing.

Arch Academy of Design, Jaipur: Arch Academy is a renowned design institute in Jaipur, offering undergraduate and postgraduate courses in fashion design, jewelry design, and other design disciplines.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Nov 22, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Aug 02, 2023Translate
My daughter is studying at nift gandhinagar Textile design third year. Fornmaster whichbare the best indian and abroad institute. Should she work for 1 year then go for masters .what do u suggest

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. I am glad to know that your daughter is studying Textile Design at NIFT Gandhinagar, and is currently in the third year. To answer your question first, I would like to inform you that we only deal with overseas education. As an answer to your query, you would be happy to know that there exist a number of outstanding universities that offer Textile Design overseas, viz., Rhode Island School of Design in the USA, Central Saint Martins in the UK, and the Royal College of Art in London. Next, pertaining to your question as to whether your daughter should work for a year prior to pursuing a Master’s degree, I would like to tell you that doing so can not only offer your daughter relevant hands-on experience, but also a defined career trajectory. This gap year will enable your daughter to hone her passion/interests and establish a robust portfolio, which can prove beneficial when she applies to prestigious master's programs. Not just that, while acquiring professional experience, your daughter can become aware of the particular fields of interest within textile design, which in turn, can assist her in opting for a program that best resonates with her professional ambitions.

What are balanced advantage funds and would you recommend how I should go about investing in such funds?
Ans: Balanced Advantage Funds are a type of mutual fund that dynamically manages the allocation between equity and debt instruments based on market conditions. These funds aim to provide investors with a balance between growth (through equity exposure) and stability (through debt exposure). The allocation between equity and debt is adjusted by fund managers based on various factors such as market valuations, interest rates, and economic indicators.

Here's a breakdown of the key features and considerations for investing in Balanced Advantage Funds:

1. Dynamic Asset Allocation: These funds have the flexibility to shift allocation between equity and debt depending on market conditions. When equity markets are expensive or overvalued, the fund manager may reduce equity exposure and increase allocation to debt instruments, and vice versa.

2. Risk Management: Balanced Advantage Funds tend to offer lower volatility compared to pure equity funds due to their ability to switch between asset classes based on market conditions. This can potentially reduce downside risk during market downturns.

3. Goal-based Investing: They can be suitable for investors with medium to long-term investment horizons who seek a balance between capital appreciation and capital preservation. These funds are often used for goals like retirement planning or wealth creation with a moderate risk profile.

4. Professional Management: Investors benefit from the expertise of professional fund managers who actively manage the asset allocation and investment decisions based on thorough research and analysis.

5. Tax Implications: From a taxation perspective, gains from equity investments held for more than one year are taxed at a lower rate (long-term capital gains tax), whereas gains from debt investments held for more than three years are taxed as per the investor's income tax slab. Balanced Advantage Funds may offer tax efficiency due to their equity exposure.

6. Expense Ratio: Investors should consider the expense ratio of the fund, which represents the annual fees charged by the fund house for managing the fund. Lower expense ratios can enhance returns over the long term.

As for whether you should invest in Balanced Advantage Funds, it depends on your investment objectives, risk tolerance, and financial goals.

If you're seeking a balanced approach with the potential for higher returns than pure debt funds but with lower volatility compared to pure equity funds, then these funds could be suitable for you. However, it's essential to consult with a financial advisor who can assess your individual circumstances and recommend the most appropriate investment strategy.

If you decide to invest in Balanced Advantage Funds, you can do so through various platforms such as mutual fund distributors, online investment platforms, or directly through the fund house's website. Here's a general guide on how to invest:

1. Research: Understand the different Balanced Advantage Funds available in the market, their investment objectives, performance track record, and expense ratios.

2. Select a Fund: Choose a fund that aligns with your investment goals, risk tolerance, and time horizon.

3. KYC Compliance: Complete the Know Your Customer (KYC) process as required by regulatory guidelines. This typically involves providing identity and address proof documents.

4. Investment Process: Decide on the mode of investment, whether lump sum or systematic investment plan (SIP), based on your convenience and investment strategy.

5. Online Platform or Distributor: If investing through an online platform, create an account and follow the instructions to invest in your chosen Balanced Advantage Fund. If using a mutual fund distributor, approach them with your investment decision, and they will assist you with the investment process.

6. Monitor and Review: Keep track of your investments periodically and review your portfolio to ensure it remains aligned with your financial goals.

Remember that all investments carry some level of risk, including the potential loss of capital. Diversification and a long-term investment approach are generally recommended to mitigate risk and achieve your financial objectives.

Good Morning, We are married for almost 27 years and at various stages of my wife like, beginning days when Girls had dream of her happy married life beginning, honeymoon, pregnancy, fostering the child, mid-age crisis and now Menopause I have been very unfair & sometime very cruel to my wife. I am tryint to please her in my possible ways but whenever I am planning something exciting & pleasurable for her it turn out to be flop show & nightmare. I want her to be happy but don't know why it gets spoiled due to one or other reason. Despite of all this she is always giving me chance and prepare herself for new beginning. But now I fear & feel gradually I will become a big liability on her, health wise as I am diabetic and even after taking high dose of medicines it doesn't get controlled. I am worried that though the beginning was not good our end should be Peaceful & graceful. Need your guidance
No point revisiting what has already happened. It seems like your wife wants a new beginning; then why not actually plan on how you want your life together to be from now on? What are the things that you have missed out on earlier, bring it all back and slowly start experiencing what life could be living in that harmony...
As for diabetes, getting the right medicine and taking it in the right dosage is important to see a change. Also, exercise, attempt to keep stress levels low and eat right...these help in keeping your blood sugar levels low...
Don't talk about the END when there is a NEW beginning in sight...