Praseeja

Praseeja Nambiar  |32 Answers  |Ask -

Career Counselling Expert - Answered on May 09, 2023

An internationally certified career coach, Praseeja Nambiar works as a counsellor at the Stonehill International School, Bengaluru.
In the last nine years, she has helped over 1,000 students with their admissions into Indian and international universities.
Nambiar received her training from Global Career Counselling and the University of California, LA (UCLA) Extension and is certified as a career coach by Certified Career Services Provider.
She contributes to the International Career and College Counselling institute by training other counsellors across the globe.
Hycine Question by Hycine on May 06, 2023Translate

My daughter has been homeschooled through IGCSE ( Cambridge board) and is presently preparing for her A level(12th) , she plans to do a bachelors degree in music production and then further pursue MBA in finance, could you please tell me if that is possible? and how should we go about with it?

Ans: A degree in music production, most likely will fall under the bachelors of music as opposed to Bachelors of arts in music. You can pursue an MBA in finance later provided your daughter gather some necessary pre requisites in computational and accounting math in the mean time. Also an MBA from a reputed college will require some work experience in the relevant field. I am not sure a degree in music production will lead you into a masters program in finance. I suggest you complete a masters in business and entrepreneurship, creative business, digital transformation, leadership and many more.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Apr 24, 2023

Sir, My Daughter has just completed her PGDM in E Business from a reputed institute in Mumbai and also placed in a MNC bank as Business analyst. Would you suggest her to go for MBA from abroad in Finance, if at all she wants to excel in her carrier?
Ans: Hello Rajesh,

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. Sincere congratulations to your daughter on finishing her PGDM and landing a position as a Business Analyst with an MNC bank. Depending on her job objectives and personal preferences, pursuing an MBA in Finance overseas may be a smart move for her to advance in her career.

When choosing whether to pursue an MBA in Finance overseas, keep the following things in mind:

1. Career Objectives: An MBA in Finance from a foreign university can be a fantastic option if your daughter wishes to switch careers or grow in the financial industry. She can acquire the skills and knowledge she needs to flourish in the finance sector as a result of it.

2. Personal Choices: Your daughter should decide if she is prepared for the challenges and costs of pursuing an MBA overseas. She should also take into consideration the location (setting) and culture of the country she wants to study in, as well as if it is compatible with her own preferences.

3. Skill Enhancement: Your daughter's knowledge and abilities in areas like corporate finance, risk management, investment analysis, and financial management can be improved by enrolling in an MBA program abroad, which can provide her with specialised coursework and hands-on learning experiences in the field of finance.

4. Networking Possibilities: By studying overseas, your daughter may have the chance to connect with professionals, academic staff, and students from various backgrounds. This can help her create a strong professional network that could be useful for her future career aspirations.

5. Expenditure and Return on Investment (ROI): Your daughter should take into account the cost of tuition, living expenses, and other associated costs before pursuing an MBA abroad because it can be pricey. Not just that, she should also consider the Return on Investment (ROI) of the MBA, or whether earning the degree will enable her to pursue her career objectives and will be financially worthwhile.

6. Business School’s Social Standing: Your daughter should conduct research and select a prestigious business school that provides an MBA in Finance overseas. Her future employment opportunities and professional advancement may be significantly impacted by the business school's reputation.

Your daughter's specific career aspirations, personal situation, and financial concerns should ultimately guide her decision about whether to pursue an MBA in Finance overseas. Making an informed choice requires extensive research and evaluation of various MBA programs, including their reputations, curriculum, faculty, alumni networks, and placement rates. Consultation with career counselors, mentors, and finance specialists may also be beneficial.

Patrick

Patrick Dsouza  |57 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, XAT, CMAT, CET Expert - Answered on Feb 23, 2024

Workplace Expert - Answered on Feb 23, 2024

Hello Sir, Don't disclose my name, I am working in boarding school from last 2 year's, last year principal changed and he is giving lot of work (harassing staff ) so around 50% of staff left the school. he is not appointing new staff also. hardly 2-3 staff he has appointed. In my department 3 staff ware there now I am alone, he is not appointing any one, so I am alone handling all the classes. he has increased the work also. So I decided to leave the work and I got the work also. I have sent my resignation letter through mail. In my appointment letter they have mentioned “During the probation period your service may be terminated by ONE MONTH NOTICE on “either side or Salary in lieu of notice” and The relieving date in all circumstances will not be earlier than the last day of the academic year unless the school terminates. if you are working on any assignment when you tender your resignation such assignment must be completed to the satisfaction of the school before your services will be released. As allocation of subject teaching is a duty allocated for the academic year the reliving date will not be earlier than the last date of the academic year in which the resignation is tender. The school does not encourage mid term session dis continuation of services. School academic year will ends in April. At the time of appointment they have taken all my original certificates. But when I sent my resignation with one month notice period they replied as per your request, you will be relived after the completion of required formalities and work as per service rules. But, yet they are not mentioning what are the work to complete. After one month notice period immediately I have to join my new job. otherwise i will miss my opportunity. orally simply they are extending my date. At present they have extended 15 days after my last day of my notice period. kindly guide me how to solve the problem, get back my originals and join my new job smoothly. Regards
Ans: Please consult a lawyer