Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Oct 11, 2023

Sushil Sukhwani is the founding director of the overseas education consultant firm, Edwise International. He has 31 years of experience in counselling students who have opted to study abroad in various countries, including the UK, USA, Canada and Australia. He is part of the board of directors at the American International Recruitment Council and an honorary committee member of the Australian Alumni Association. Sukhwani is an MBA graduate from Bond University, Australia. ... more
Asked by Anonymous - Oct 02, 2023Hindi

I am currently studying btech CSE. And I would like to do my masters in data science/AI. I’m thinking of pursuing it in the UAE, from university of Birmingham Dubai. Can I get advice on if my choice is right about Dubai? Will I get job opportunities in Dubai after completing my masters in Dubai?

To begin with, thank you for contacting us. I am glad to hear that you plan on pursuing your Master's degree in either Data Science or Artificial Intelligence at the University of Birmingham Dubai. I would like to inform you that Dubai is emerging as a popular study abroad destination for students who are passionate about data science and AI owing to its booming technology and innovation sector. The city proves to be an appealing location to pursue your Master's degree because of its prime setting, dedication to technological developments, as well as the broad range of employment opportunities it offers. Moreover, the University of Birmingham Dubai is a highly reputed one with a stronghold in the computer science field. Thus, pursuing Data Science or Artificial Intelligence there is a logical option.

Your employment opportunities ought to be high in the data science and Artificial Intelligence (AI) sector, right after you finish pursuing your Master's degree in Dubai. With investments being made in both technology as well as data-based sectors in Dubai, qualified experts in these fields are needed. Nevertheless, I would like you to know that your abilities, prior experiences, as well as your networking initiatives play a key role in determining your employment prospects. To improve your possibilities of landing a job in Dubai or anywhere else in the country, I would recommend that you develop a robust professional network as well as acquire hands-on experience by undertaking internships or being a part of initiatives during the course of your study.

Dr Nagarajan J S K

Dr Nagarajan J S K   |47 Answers  |Ask -

Health Science and Pharmaceutical Careers Expert - Answered on Jul 20, 2024

Dr Nagarajan J S K

What is better to choose between vet or bpharm (I am a gen category student).According to my research I came to know that in today's market the bpharm graduates are not even considered as reputated pharmacists,after the degree too they get placements of 12k-15k per month only and growth even after a master's is not much. Whereas in vet gov vacancies are open but will everyone get the gov jobs ? Also in coming years what are the demands of these both fields and what is better to choose
Ans: Hi,
It seems there may be some misunderstanding and disappointment regarding the analysis of job opportunities in the pharmaceutical field. It's important to note that the pharmaceutical sector still holds promising prospects. However, it is essential for candidates to acquire in-depth knowledge. Completing a B.Pharm alone does not guarantee comprehensive expertise. It's essential to delve beyond the basic surface-level knowledge obtained during undergraduate studies. I'm unaware of your state of residence and the college where you pursued your B.Pharm.

Key locations with a strong pharmaceutical industry presence include Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Ahmedabad. Chennai also has a few reputable pharmaceutical companies, albeit in limited numbers. It's crucial to consider your career choice rather than just a job. What is your preference: IT, Marketing/Sales, or Core Pharma? In IT, the remuneration is considerably higher in comparison to core pharmaceutical roles, but sustainability may be a concern. On the other hand, Sales/Marketing requires hard work but offers significantly better remuneration, e.g., INR 6-8L per annum. If the pharmaceutical industry is your preference, starting packages for fresh B. Pharm graduates typically range between INR 15,000 to 25,000.

Ultimately, the decision is yours to make. I wish you the best for your future endeavors.