Soft Skills Trainer - Answered on May 18, 2024

Maxim Emmanuel is the marketing director of Maxwill Zeus Expositions.
An alumnus of the Xavier Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai, Maxim has over 30 years of experience in training young professionals and corporate organisations on how to improve soft skills and build interpersonal relationships through effective communication.
Bhimeso Question by Bhimeso on Apr 24, 2024Hindi

I completely my age is 54. Also completed another 20 years in the rubber industry's in the sales and marketing but till I am not secure and safe... What should I proceed in career now.

Ans: I understand the quagmire you are in, going through uncertainty even after 20 year's.

You are not the first and won't be the last, when doubts creep in, on the cross roads of life..!

Stop review understand your core competence being sales and marketing is communication.

Focus on the sane industry as Sales Trainer

Nitin

Nitin Sathe  |127 Answers  |Ask -

HR, Recruitment Expert - Answered on Jan 12, 2024

Hello Sir, I am 39 years old, married and have 10 years old daughter. I work in a BPO (Risk and Compliance Department) since I was 23. Since I was not ambitious during my college days and till now I have no goals, no aim, no passion, the current job I find it very boring. I am stucked at an Analyst level since last 17 years. Also, with lot of family issues at my home, my mind does not work openly and have stucked in the comfort zone. I am a hard working person but not smart working. My wife is a housewife and have no other income other than my job. I want to grow, do lots of hard working but due to lack of self confidence, I always have a fear to get at TL or Manager level. Also, I am not sure which industry I have interest in. It is only since 17 years, I am doing this job, I tell everybody that I am from a BPO sector. But I really want to earn more so that I can fulfill my family needs but please help me in which direction I should go and Howww? I know at the age of 40, I cannot start working in a new sector with no prior experience but really is it too late to change the sector? and if no, Please suggest me any industry where I can start from scratch, learn new things and can work with great interest and can grow myself.
Ans: I find your first few sentences very negative. Please get a hold of yourself and regain your lost confidence. To start from scratch at this stage is not advisable but one can branch off into related fields about which you know the best. Change your attitude, think positive and the solutions will come to you! Other than this is really cannot suggest anything specific since the information given is inadequate.

Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |145 Answers  |Ask -

Leadership, HR Expert - Answered on May 13, 2024

Hi, I'm 40 years old ,i have done BBA in finance and marketing. It's completed in 2006.i have experience of 5 year in retail and then I moved to foreign exchange company and worked for another 4-5 years in 2-3 companies.but I lost my job in corona time.and since then I'm working as a freelancer for the forex customers.also looking for jobs but couldn't get right job.i have responsibilities but I am not earning as I needed. Pls suggest me what should I do?
Ans: I understand this must be a frustrating situation. You have a strong educational background and experience, but the job market can be tough. Don't view freelance work as a gap in your employment history. Frame it as an opportunity where you leveraged your expertise to consult with clients. Quantify your achievements as a freelancer whenever possible (e.g., increased client base by X%, secured Y new contracts). The financial and marketing fields have likely evolved since your graduation in 2006. Consider taking online courses, certifications, or workshops to update your knowledge in areas like financial technology (FinTech), digital marketing, or social media marketing. These in-demand skills can make your resume more attractive to employers. Since you already have experience freelancing for forex clients, explore ways to expand your freelance offerings. Can you offer additional services like market research, competitor analysis, or content creation related to finance or foreign exchange? Don't limit yourself to just finance or forex roles. Consider marketing positions within financial institutions, wealth management firms, or fintech companies. Your marketing background could also be valuable in other industries like retail, healthcare, or technology. Remember, your age and experience are assets. Age is not a liability; hence, by highlighting your transferable skills, expanding your skillset, and utilizing a strategic job search approach, you can increase your chances of landing the right job.

Aashish

Aashish Sood  |114 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, Management Expert - Answered on May 30, 2024

I am 35 year old and holding 5+ years of experience in various domains after completing Deploma in Mech Engg QA-1year(automobile industry 2011-12). 2012-2018-- Degree in Mechanical Engg. Meanwhile due to financial issues I had work with 2/3 companies for short time of period and left because of Exams, whatever work like service engineer and Quality related work I attended. After completing my Graduation in Mechanical Engg I rejoin small firm which was dealer and distribution industry for metal cutting tools. due to convid these company was shutdown and then 2021 I switched to BPO industry and now from April 2023 to till date I am working in Supply chain Management in Infosys as a Sr Executive now could you please advise what should I do because it's really challenging to adapt new skills with less salary I am unable to take risk of new learning. And also facing money problems as now I have to run entire family shall I have to start any business or what should I do to save and retrack my career?
Ans: Why don't you want to continue in SCM?

In my opinion, you should continue to develop your expertise in supply chain management. Given your current role at Infosys, aim to gain more responsibilities and prove your value within the organization. You may also consider obtaining supply chain management certifications like APICS (now ASCM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), or Six Sigma. These can increase your marketability and potential for promotions or salary increases.

Stay updated with industry trends and continue learning to adapt to changing market demands.