Mayank Rautela  |238 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Jun 24, 2023

Mayank Rautela is the group chief human resources officer at Care Hospitals.
Rahul Question by Rahul on Jun 16, 2023Hindi

I am 56 year old, been working as a channel partner with private bank / NBFCs procuring commercial vehicle finance business for them. Business was down since 2015 due to various reasons, after covid lockdown it is almost down to zero. Been desperately looking for some business - which is low investment and can go on for another 12-15 years. Please suggest. I have PG Dip in Management. My experience has been direct selling office equipment / financial products (5-7 years) and my last job (from 1998 - 2010) was with a Tata commercial vehicles dealer as Manager Hire-Purchase -my job was to arrange finance for customers buying the product.

Ans: You can approach NBFC and banks for relevant jobs

Chandu

Chandu Nair  |55 Answers  |Ask -

VC, Angel Investing, Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Nov 02, 2023

for past 19 years i am working in a manufacturing company namely Tinplate company of india limited jamshedpur as mechanical engineer i want to do some buniness so that i have some monetory stability and extra income as you know today no one job is fixed forever pl suggest some small business for me so that after i loose my job i can sustain some income
Ans: Mr Azad, you would like to have a side business to generate additional income. You have provided no idea of your skills/expertise/ experience nor of your financial situation (I am guessing that you don't have any surplus to invest in a business).

First and foremost, pl check if your current employer permits moonlighting or having another job even if it is freelance/ gig work. Many companies can take stringent action in this regard.
Second, what skills/expertise/ experience do you have which is distinct from your current job at TCIL? E.g., are you a good writer, or can draw or teach well or translate from one language to another, or cook etc etc. That will help you identify possible alternate income generating possibilities,
Third, how much free time do you have per day? On the weekends? And at what time? That will narrow down the list of ideas.
Fourth, what kind of other infrastructure, manpower support etc is required for the idea? Do you have the ability to get /pay for it? If you don't, you can only do those activities which rely on your time and expertise. You need to be able to give focused attention to it on a sustained business be it tuitions, writing, cooking, generating online content or whatever else you finally choose.
Fifth, do you have access to a set of customers/ buyers who want what you can offer and are willing to pay for it and can you easily reach them?
Once you have gone through these steps, you would have likely identified an idea that can potentially give you an alternate source of income.
Best of luck

Dating, Relationships Expert - Answered on Apr 22, 2024

I am a 26 years old girl completed my studies, trying to get a job, 2 years back I fell in love online with a man of 32 years old, we have not met yet physically. He is working on a very small salary in a village i.e. his hometown. He can't get a good government job or private job now due to lack of experience and age. We love each other a lot with all our flaws. My family is strictly against it due to caste difference, low salary, he lives 1600 km away, background differences. Overall they don't trust him and our love and are emotionally blackmailing me to get married with someone they choose. And the thought alone of leaving him makes me sad

I am sorry for the challenges you are facing. I understand how difficult it must be to leave a person you love. Having said that, I would also like to point out that living a decent life is not cheap. You are currently unemployed and your partner has a low salary; it will not be sustainable in the long run. I am not asking you to leave him and marry someone else; all I am suggesting is don't rush. Take the time to find a decent job and ask your partner to do the same. Once you think you both are earning a good amount of money, put forth the idea of your marriage again to your parents.

Now the most important thing, you have met him online and never met him in real life. Is it worth taking this kind of risk before verifying everything in person? I am sure he is genuine but there is no harm in cross-checking. And I can't really blame your parents for having their doubts. Please don't rush. One wrong decision can ruin the rest of your life. Take your time, think this through, and meet him in person, most likely in your city and in a public space. Do a thorough background check. It is easy to get fooled when you are in love.

Again, please don't rush. You have your whole life ahead of you.

Hi, I am 25+ years of old. Earning a handsome ammount of money arround 1lakh. I am a introvert, kind of kanjus you can say. I don't have any gf. I had one one one-sided relationship but because of low self confidence I didn't able to express my feelings. I don't feel myself as a ugly person but I am over waight, facing hair fall recently that's why I lose confidence approaching girls. I tried few dating apps but use. As I am a introvert I don't like to go to parties but definitely become comfortable after knowing the other person. Currently in Bangalore but being from a remote area I don't feel comfortable approaching a girl. What should I do.

I understand how you are feeling. First of all, you are not alone in this. Secondly, it's time you recognize how much you have achieved in life. Kudos to that.

Now, coming to your concern, being an introvert is not an issue, though it comes with its own set of challenges. I understand that you feel shy when it comes to talking to women. That's where dating apps come in. You have seen no results on them; I hear you. But give it another try, but this time, with a fool-proof strategy. First off, write an appealing bio. It's equivalent to writing a cover letter- you put forward your best attributes and convince people why they should date you. You can mention your achievements, you can be honest and disclose that you are an introvert, mention what you have to offer as a partner and don't forget to mention what you are looking for in your partner. This would give your potential matches a concise idea of you and also help attract the right people. Second, display image matters. While I am not encouraging you to put up an over-edited picture hiding your imperfections, do not put up the worst one either. Make sure it's recent, decent, and of you and you alone, and not in a group. Third, if you like somebody, don't be afraid to send a message. You are not committing to them, nor do you have to see them in person. Leave a message, interact, only if things go well, meet in person. There's no rush and no prior commitment. Fourth and the most important one, be patient. The right match can take a while but when you do find them, it will be worth the wait.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Apr 22, 2024