Chandu

Chandu Nair  |55 Answers  |Ask -

VC, Angel Investing, Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Nov 27, 2023

Chandu Nair advises entrepreneurs and enterprises about creating and building their business.
He has direct experience in angel, venture capital and strategic investor funding. Over the last three decades, he has made a name for himself in industry, consultancy, media and information services.
Nair is on the advisory boards of the Chennai-based private equity firm Fulcrum and the social impact fund, Menterra. He's an independent director on the board of India's first retail building products company, Shankara Building Products Limited.
Asked by Anonymous - Nov 23, 2023Translate

Hi I am 42 and I want to startup a business in food industry perticularly in Juice sector. Kindly advice how can I start and what are the prospects for this industry ?

Ans: I would request you to do a lot of research first, both secondary first, and primary. That will help you understand which specific niche you might want to target. There are several aspects to consider here. I am operating on the assumption that you already have relevant experience, expertise and contacts in this industry. Food processing is still nascent in India and studies suggest that it is likely to grow.

Baqar Iftikhar

Baqar Iftikhar Naqvi  |77 Answers  |Ask -

Start-up Mentor - Answered on Sep 18, 2023

Shreya

Shreya Shah  |24 Answers  |Ask -

Nutritionist, Diabetes Educator - Answered on Feb 23, 2024

My partner and I, both under 35, have a combined monthly income of Rs 4.5 lakhs. We aspire to accumulate Rs 15 crores for retirement over the next 25 years. How can we optimize our financial planning to achieve this goal while also preparing for the costs associated with raising a family?
Ans: Aiming for a Rs 15 crore retirement corpus by the age of 60 is a commendable goal, and with careful planning and disciplined saving, it's definitely achievable. Here are some steps you can take to optimise your financial planning:

1. Estimate your retirement needs:

• Inflation: Consider a 7-8% inflation rate to adjust the Rs 15 crore to its future value at your retirement age.
• Lifestyle: Determine your desired retirement lifestyle and estimate monthly expenses.
• Healthcare: Factor in potential medical costs that may increase with age.

2. Analyse your current expenses:

• Track your monthly income and expenses to identify areas where you can save.
• Create a budget that allocates funds for essential needs, savings, and investments.

3. Maximise your savings:

• Increase your SIP contributions: Aim for a monthly investment of at least 50% of your surplus income after expenses.
• Explore various investment options: Diversify your portfolio across equity mutual funds (for long-term growth), debt funds (for stability), and PPF (for tax benefits and guaranteed returns).
• Employer-sponsored plans: Contribute the maximum to your Employee Provident Fund (EPF) and explore voluntary contributions.

4. Optimise your investments:

• Seek professional advice: Consult a certified financial planner for personalised investment recommendations based on your risk tolerance and goals.
• Rebalance your portfolio regularly: Maintain your desired asset allocation to manage risk and optimise returns.

5. Address family planning costs:

• Child planning: Start an SIP in a child plan to accumulate funds for education and other needs.
• Health insurance: Ensure adequate health insurance coverage for yourself, your partner, and any future children. Consider critical illness riders for additional protection.

Remember:

• Early start: Starting early gives your investments more time to grow through compounding.
• Discipline: Consistent saving and investing are crucial for achieving your goals.
• Review and adapt: Regularly review your plan and adjust your investments and savings as your income, expenses, and goals evolve.

Additional tips:

• Explore government schemes like Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana for girl child education and Atal Pension Yojana for retirement income.
• Consider freelancing or side hustles to increase your income.
• Reduce unnecessary expenses and adopt a mindful spending approach.
• Remember, this is a general framework, and consulting a financial advisor can provide personalised guidance based on your specific circumstances.

Career Coach  |23 Answers  |Ask -

Workplace Expert - Answered on Feb 22, 2024

I am a BA graduate, unemployed since 2022. After completing my education, I applied to several jobs but no one wanted to hire a fresher. What can I do to get a job? Please suggest some tips
Ans: It's definitely understandable to feel discouraged after facing challenges in securing a job after graduation. However, there are some steps you can take to improve your chances:

1. Reassess your job search:

• Target the right jobs: Are you applying for roles aligned with your BA degree and interests? Research suitable entry-level positions in your field or consider broader titles like "assistant" or "associate" related to your skills.
• Refine your resume and cover letter: Tailor them to each specific job, highlighting relevant skills and experiences, even if they're not directly work-related (volunteer work, projects, etc.). Quantify your achievements whenever possible.
• Expand your job search: Utilize online job boards, company websites, professional networks (LinkedIn), and recruitment agencies. Attend job fairs and networking events to connect with potential employers directly.

2. Enhance your skills and experience:

• Consider short-term courses or certifications: Gain relevant skills through online or offline courses in areas like digital marketing, data analysis, communication, or project management. These can enhance your resume and make you more competitive.
• Volunteer or freelance: Gain practical experience through volunteer work or freelance projects related to your desired field. This shows initiative and demonstrates relevant skills to potential employers.
• Develop soft skills: Build communication, teamwork, problem-solving, and time management skills through workshops, online resources, or even taking on leadership roles in volunteer work.

3. Network and seek guidance:

• Connect with professionals in your field: Attend industry events, join online communities, and reach out to people working in your desired roles. Informational interviews can provide valuable insights and potential leads.
• Seek career counseling: Talk to a career counselor or advisor at your university or community center. They can help you identify your strengths, explore career options, and refine your job search strategy.

Additional tips:

• Stay positive and motivated: Job searching can be frustrating, but don't give up. Stay focused on your goals and celebrate small wins.
• Practice your interview skills: Research common interview questions and practice your responses beforehand. Be confident, articulate your skills clearly, and express your enthusiasm for the role.
• Keep learning and developing: Continuous learning demonstrates your commitment to growth and adaptability. Consider pursuing further education or professional development opportunities in the future.

Remember, finding a job can take time and effort. By tailoring your approach, developing your skills, and using various resources, you can improve your chances of securing a role that aligns with your goals and qualifications. Good luck!