HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Dec 14, 2023

R P Yadav is the founder, chairman and managing director of Genius Consultants Limited, a 30-year-old human resources solutions company.
Over the years, he has been the recipient of numerous awards including the Lifetime Achievement Award from World HR Congress and HR Person Of The Year from Public Relations Council of India.

I am 39 yrs old person, currently jobless coz of few personal family commitments. I have been working in the sales department for the past 10-11 yrs. Kindly suggest any courses to update my skills and position.

Ans: Hi,
You can do MBA distance course or a short time sales skill development course through reputed institutes to upskill yourself.

Mayank Kumar  |192 Answers  |Ask -

Education Expert - Answered on Jul 04, 2023

Hi, My name is manik acharya, B.sc graduate (10+2+2) system. My age is 48+. I have basic computer knowledge. What course can give me a suitable and stable career?. I have around 12 years experience in Business development and customer relationship in large medicine shop. I need your help.
Ans: Hi Manik, considering your background and experience, several courses can provide you with suitable/stable career options:

Certificate in Retail Management: Given your experience in business development and customer relationship in a medicine shop, a certificate program in retail management can enhance your skills and knowledge in the field. It will equip you with the necessary competencies to manage operations, inventory, sales, customer service, and team management in a retail environment.

Advanced certification in Digital Marketing: As technology continues to play a significant role in business growth, a detailed understanding of digital marketing can open up opportunities for you. It could take you through various aspects of online marketing, including search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing, content marketing, and analytics, and can also be valuable for positions such as digital marketing executive, social media manager, or SEO specialist.

Certification in Business Analytics: With your basic computer knowledge, a certification course in business analytics can be a suitable choice. This program will teach you how to use data analysis techniques to derive insights and make informed business decisions. Business analytics professionals are in high demand across industries and can work as business analysts, data analysts, or market research analysts.

Certification in Project Management: If you have strong organizational and leadership skills, a certification in project management can be a valuable addition to your profile. This course will equip you with the knowledge and tools required to successfully plan, execute, and manage projects. Project management skills are in demand across various sectors and can lead to roles such as project coordinator, team leader, or project manager. The profession of project management has recently become one of the hottest jobs, not only in the tech market but across industries. Demand for project managers is growing faster than demand for workers in other occupations and by 2027, 90 million individuals will need to be skilled in project-oriented roles.
The PMP certification can help you land lucrative roles in IT, manufacturing, finance, healthcare, and other exciting industries.

Certification in Healthcare Management: Given your experience in the medicine shop industry, a certification in healthcare management can provide you with a career path in healthcare administration. It will cover topics such as healthcare policies, hospital operations, healthcare marketing, and healthcare quality management. It can lead to roles like healthcare administrator, clinic manager, or operations manager in the healthcare sector.

Remember, while pursuing any course, it's essential to consider your interests, long-term goals, and market demand for specific skills. Conduct thorough research on the courses mentioned above, and evaluate their curriculum, duration, and potential career prospects. It is very important to align your domain interest with the course you'd want to pursue to ensure maximum accuracy of career outcome. Additionally, should you wish to gain further insights/ guidance tailored to your specific needs, feel free to connect with any career counsellors at upGrad.