Mayank Rautela  |235 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Feb 23, 2023

Mayank Rautela is the group chief human resources officer at Care Hospitals.
Varun Question by Varun on Feb 19, 2023Translate

I am 38 yrs old male canditate working in hospital sales and marketing team. I have done my MBA marketing from Pune university and have also studied hotel management . I have work experience of around 11-12 yrs in sales and marketing. I have worked in hotel as well hospital sales for the past 11-12 yrs. I am not able to get the desired remuneration from the work that i am doing. I am also having a feeling of lesser knowledge. I want to grow in my career. My CTC at this moment is 8100000 per annum which i feel is very less. Can you help in suggesting good courses which would help me uplift my career as well as suggest avenues where the renumeration is high.

Ans: You can do a part time MBA or a specialised course in Sales and Marketing

Mayank Kumar  |189 Answers  |Ask -

Education Expert - Answered on Jul 04, 2023

Hi, My name is manik acharya, B.sc graduate (10+2+2) system. My age is 48+. I have basic computer knowledge. What course can give me a suitable and stable career?. I have around 12 years experience in Business development and customer relationship in large medicine shop. I need your help.
Ans: Hi Manik, considering your background and experience, several courses can provide you with suitable/stable career options:

Certificate in Retail Management: Given your experience in business development and customer relationship in a medicine shop, a certificate program in retail management can enhance your skills and knowledge in the field. It will equip you with the necessary competencies to manage operations, inventory, sales, customer service, and team management in a retail environment.

Advanced certification in Digital Marketing: As technology continues to play a significant role in business growth, a detailed understanding of digital marketing can open up opportunities for you. It could take you through various aspects of online marketing, including search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing, content marketing, and analytics, and can also be valuable for positions such as digital marketing executive, social media manager, or SEO specialist.

Certification in Business Analytics: With your basic computer knowledge, a certification course in business analytics can be a suitable choice. This program will teach you how to use data analysis techniques to derive insights and make informed business decisions. Business analytics professionals are in high demand across industries and can work as business analysts, data analysts, or market research analysts.

Certification in Project Management: If you have strong organizational and leadership skills, a certification in project management can be a valuable addition to your profile. This course will equip you with the knowledge and tools required to successfully plan, execute, and manage projects. Project management skills are in demand across various sectors and can lead to roles such as project coordinator, team leader, or project manager. The profession of project management has recently become one of the hottest jobs, not only in the tech market but across industries. Demand for project managers is growing faster than demand for workers in other occupations and by 2027, 90 million individuals will need to be skilled in project-oriented roles.
The PMP certification can help you land lucrative roles in IT, manufacturing, finance, healthcare, and other exciting industries.

Certification in Healthcare Management: Given your experience in the medicine shop industry, a certification in healthcare management can provide you with a career path in healthcare administration. It will cover topics such as healthcare policies, hospital operations, healthcare marketing, and healthcare quality management. It can lead to roles like healthcare administrator, clinic manager, or operations manager in the healthcare sector.

Remember, while pursuing any course, it's essential to consider your interests, long-term goals, and market demand for specific skills. Conduct thorough research on the courses mentioned above, and evaluate their curriculum, duration, and potential career prospects. It is very important to align your domain interest with the course you'd want to pursue to ensure maximum accuracy of career outcome. Additionally, should you wish to gain further insights/ guidance tailored to your specific needs, feel free to connect with any career counsellors at upGrad.
Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Jun 23, 2023

Hi, I am working in one of the shipping line MNC, i handling there accounts receivable since past 6 years, before this, i was with airlines company, was handling there account payable profile. though its been 13 years of experince, i am not getting any growth and feeling like i am going no where in career. please guide me what option and suitable courses which will help me in my prifessional growth.
Ans: Hello Mahesh,

I understand that despite your 13 years of experience in handling accounts receivable and accounts payable, you are currently feeling stagnant and seeking guidance on suitable courses and options for professional growth. I can offer you some suggestions to help you progress in your career.

Continuous Learning: In the ever-evolving world of finance and accounting, it is crucial to stay updated with the latest trends, regulations, and technologies. Consider enrolling in courses or pursuing certifications that enhance your knowledge in areas such as financial analysis, risk management, data analytics, or international accounting standards. These will not only expand your skill set but also make you more valuable to your current and future employers.

Specialization: Assess your strengths and interests within the accounting field and consider specializing in a particular area. For example, you could focus on tax accounting, auditing, financial planning and analysis, or managerial accounting. Specializing can help you stand out from the competition and open up new opportunities for career advancement.

Networking and Professional Associations: Engage with professional associations related to accounting and finance, both locally and internationally. Attend conferences, seminars, and networking events to meet professionals in your field and expand your professional network. Building connections can lead to new career prospects, mentorship opportunities, and valuable insights from industry experts.

Seek Internal Opportunities: Explore potential growth opportunities within your current organization. Speak with your supervisors or human resources department about your aspirations for career progression. Express your interest in taking on additional responsibilities, cross-functional projects, or managerial roles. Taking initiative and demonstrating your ambition can lead to internal promotions or transfers to more challenging positions.

Consider Advanced Degrees: Depending on your long-term career goals, you may consider pursuing an advanced degree such as a Master's in Business Administration (MBA), a Master's in Finance, or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification. These qualifications can enhance your knowledge, provide a broader business perspective, and potentially increase your earning potential.

Personal Development: Besides professional qualifications, do not overlook the importance of personal development. Enhance your leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, as these qualities are highly valued in managerial positions. Consider attending workshops or seminars that focus on soft skills development.

Remember that professional growth is a continuous journey, and it requires a proactive approach. Assess your goals, skills, and interests regularly to ensure you are heading in the right direction. It is also crucial to maintain a positive attitude, embrace challenges, and stay motivated throughout your career.

I hope these suggestions provide you with a starting point for your professional growth. Wishing you the very best in your career endeavors.

Best regards,
Abhishek Shah

What are balanced advantage funds and would you recommend how I should go about investing in such funds?
Ans: Balanced Advantage Funds are a type of mutual fund that dynamically manages the allocation between equity and debt instruments based on market conditions. These funds aim to provide investors with a balance between growth (through equity exposure) and stability (through debt exposure). The allocation between equity and debt is adjusted by fund managers based on various factors such as market valuations, interest rates, and economic indicators.

Here's a breakdown of the key features and considerations for investing in Balanced Advantage Funds:

1. Dynamic Asset Allocation: These funds have the flexibility to shift allocation between equity and debt depending on market conditions. When equity markets are expensive or overvalued, the fund manager may reduce equity exposure and increase allocation to debt instruments, and vice versa.

2. Risk Management: Balanced Advantage Funds tend to offer lower volatility compared to pure equity funds due to their ability to switch between asset classes based on market conditions. This can potentially reduce downside risk during market downturns.

3. Goal-based Investing: They can be suitable for investors with medium to long-term investment horizons who seek a balance between capital appreciation and capital preservation. These funds are often used for goals like retirement planning or wealth creation with a moderate risk profile.

4. Professional Management: Investors benefit from the expertise of professional fund managers who actively manage the asset allocation and investment decisions based on thorough research and analysis.

5. Tax Implications: From a taxation perspective, gains from equity investments held for more than one year are taxed at a lower rate (long-term capital gains tax), whereas gains from debt investments held for more than three years are taxed as per the investor's income tax slab. Balanced Advantage Funds may offer tax efficiency due to their equity exposure.

6. Expense Ratio: Investors should consider the expense ratio of the fund, which represents the annual fees charged by the fund house for managing the fund. Lower expense ratios can enhance returns over the long term.

As for whether you should invest in Balanced Advantage Funds, it depends on your investment objectives, risk tolerance, and financial goals.

If you're seeking a balanced approach with the potential for higher returns than pure debt funds but with lower volatility compared to pure equity funds, then these funds could be suitable for you. However, it's essential to consult with a financial advisor who can assess your individual circumstances and recommend the most appropriate investment strategy.

If you decide to invest in Balanced Advantage Funds, you can do so through various platforms such as mutual fund distributors, online investment platforms, or directly through the fund house's website. Here's a general guide on how to invest:

1. Research: Understand the different Balanced Advantage Funds available in the market, their investment objectives, performance track record, and expense ratios.

2. Select a Fund: Choose a fund that aligns with your investment goals, risk tolerance, and time horizon.

3. KYC Compliance: Complete the Know Your Customer (KYC) process as required by regulatory guidelines. This typically involves providing identity and address proof documents.

4. Investment Process: Decide on the mode of investment, whether lump sum or systematic investment plan (SIP), based on your convenience and investment strategy.

5. Online Platform or Distributor: If investing through an online platform, create an account and follow the instructions to invest in your chosen Balanced Advantage Fund. If using a mutual fund distributor, approach them with your investment decision, and they will assist you with the investment process.

6. Monitor and Review: Keep track of your investments periodically and review your portfolio to ensure it remains aligned with your financial goals.

Remember that all investments carry some level of risk, including the potential loss of capital. Diversification and a long-term investment approach are generally recommended to mitigate risk and achieve your financial objectives.

Good Morning, We are married for almost 27 years and at various stages of my wife like, beginning days when Girls had dream of her happy married life beginning, honeymoon, pregnancy, fostering the child, mid-age crisis and now Menopause I have been very unfair & sometime very cruel to my wife. I am tryint to please her in my possible ways but whenever I am planning something exciting & pleasurable for her it turn out to be flop show & nightmare. I want her to be happy but don't know why it gets spoiled due to one or other reason. Despite of all this she is always giving me chance and prepare herself for new beginning. But now I fear & feel gradually I will become a big liability on her, health wise as I am diabetic and even after taking high dose of medicines it doesn't get controlled. I am worried that though the beginning was not good our end should be Peaceful & graceful. Need your guidance
No point revisiting what has already happened. It seems like your wife wants a new beginning; then why not actually plan on how you want your life together to be from now on? What are the things that you have missed out on earlier, bring it all back and slowly start experiencing what life could be living in that harmony...
As for diabetes, getting the right medicine and taking it in the right dosage is important to see a change. Also, exercise, attempt to keep stress levels low and eat right...these help in keeping your blood sugar levels low...
Don't talk about the END when there is a NEW beginning in sight...