Geeta

Geeta Ratra  |140 Answers  |Ask -

Visas, Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Feb 27, 2023

SWARUP Question by SWARUP on Feb 12, 2023Hindi

Hi I am a 37yrs old(F) and working as teacher with 7years experience. Did my PG and even BEd. Trying for PR CANADA. what would be my success rate? Please suggest

Ans: Hi
If you are meeting the eligibility criteria for Canada PR then your chances are good. Try to score good in your IELTS exam like more than CLB 9 so that your ranking can be high to get the PR visa for Canada.

Rohit

Rohit Gupta  |52 Answers  |Ask -

Edtech/Online Education Expert - Answered on Jan 10, 2024

My son graduated BCom (Finance) with 4 years degree course in Lakehead university Ontario Canada. Currently he is in Waterloo but yet to get good job which is eligible for PR points. Can you please guide about his career? Regards
Ans: Certainly, consider a multifaceted approach to enhance your son's career prospects in Canada and improve his eligibility for PR points. Firstly, encourage him to network professionally by joining relevant industry groups, attending events, and connecting with professionals. These connections can lead to job opportunities and provide valuable insights into the Canadian job market.

Additionally, he can look into internships or co-op programs in his field. The practical experience gained through these programs adds to his resume and makes him more attractive to potential employers. Consider pursuing professional certifications such as CPA or CFA, depending on his career path within finance.

Utilize Canadian job search platforms like LinkedIn, Indeed, and Glassdoor to identify relevant job openings. Customizing his resume and cover letter for each application and emphasising his skills and achievements can significantly impact his job search. Furthermore, he can focus on improving language proficiency, especially if English is not his first language, through language courses or certifications like IELTS. Lastly, he can also attend career counselling services offered by universities or community organisations for guidance on job search strategies, career planning, and skill development.

By implementing these strategies, your son can increase his chances of securing a job that aligns with his qualifications, ultimately contributing to his eligibility for PR points in the future.

I wish him luck!!

Presently Im a class 12 commerce student and i want to join BCA for my degree next year but i dont know what are the careers after BCA.
Ans: Adella, first of all, shortlist top 5-10 colleges to get admission for your BCA.

Know the Eligibility Criteria / Admission Process / Entrance Exams (such as CUET & other Private Colleges' its own Entrance Exams) you will have to appear in.

There are multiple career options after BCA, but depends upon which specialization you will choose, which specilizations are available in the college you will join & which all skills you will upgrade. Some of the examples of specializations available for BCA are:

1) Software Development
2) Cyber Security
3) Data Analytics
4) Web Development
5) Mobile Application Development
6) Networking & System Administration
7) Cloud Computing
8) Digital Marketing
9) Multimedia & Animation
10) AI & ML
11) Full Stack Development & More.

After you get admission into BCA in any college:

1) Try to maintain a good academic performance.
2) Involve in co/extra-curricular activities.
3) Keep upgrading your skills, as recommended by your college faculties.
4) Start researching about the Recruiters/Companies visited your college for Campus Recruitment.
5) Have a Professional LinkedIn Profile.
6) Put Job Alerts related to your domain in LinkedIn.
7) Get notifications of job vacancies and go through the JD (Job Description) of each.
8) Know the Job Market Trends & keep analyzing how it changes till your 3rd year.
9) Connect with Professionals of your domain, get their advice/views/opinions for your Career Growth
10) At the end of your 3rd year, start applying for jobs through LinkedIn, matching your Profile and also prepare for your Campus Interview.

All the BEST for Your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, ask / Follow Us here in RediffGURUS.