Relationships Expert, Mind Coach - Answered on Dec 07, 2023

p Question by p on Nov 08, 2023Translate

Hai i am 58 and retired my wife expired 30 months back i had two daughters who are working and yet to be married. very frequently these days i get dreams where i feel i am lost on my journey to somewhere or i am simply attending an office without any proper work or in my dreams i get one of my uncle (who is no more now passed away 7 years back )and his family members with whom i stayed during my studies for six years 40 years back. can you please analyse

Ans: Dear P,
I am truly sorry for your loss...

I am not a dreams analyst or someone who interprets dreams. I can only make a few guesses from what you have shared and suggest something that will guide you to be more positive and happier.
Dreams are a manifestation of deep desires, fears, dark memories, happier memories...dreams basically can indicate what lies deep within the subconscious mind. It's possible from what you share that 'LOSING' your wife has triggered many more situations where you had lost someone or you fear that you might lose someone or something. Maybe that explains the dream of you going to office without paper work...

Losing someone dear is a very difficult journey and it can show up in different ways. The only way can process grief is through time and an understanding that nothing is permanent in life. It's a momentum of give and take, having and losing...Maybe if you are able to consciously adapt and accept this, over time your subconscious mind starts to change and adapt as well. Again, I will reiterate: You certainly will still miss the person and feel sad; it's just that you will start to miss differently as the acceptance will allow you to graciously be in a space of understanding. Difficult BUT Possible!
Also, practice the Art of Gratitude. Being thankful for every little thing, lets you be in a positive space allowing you to be at peace more often.

These are only suggestions from what I could gather from the information that you have shared and not an analysis or interpretation of your dreams.

I am 60 year old havig a family of a spouse and a son. since last two years our relation with spouse is not moving smoothly for everything there is an argument and no concensous in the matters of day tody life, son is also not lisoning properly I am under seveor stress which is leading to upset my health and I am facing epilepsy problen since last months I am unable to forget the things and move ahead. Thsere was no problem in leading a normal middle class life. I am facing in security and also I facinig negativities in my life and slowlely slipiing in depression I am trying too much to forget theses things but I am not in a position to lead a peacefull life inspite of adequate resources. Kindly advise me.
Ans: I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a difficult time with your spouse and son. It sounds like the arguments and lack of consensus are causing you a lot of stress and impacting your health. It's important to prioritize your health and seek support if needed.

It might be helpful to try and have an open and honest conversation with your spouse and son about how you're feeling and see if there's a way to work together to improve the situation. It could also be beneficial to seek professional support, such as therapy or counseling, to help you manage your stress and emotions.

Additionally, taking care of your physical health through regular exercise, a healthy diet, and enough rest can also help improve your overall well-being. It's important to remember that it's okay to ask for help and take steps towards finding peace and happiness in your life.

Asked by Anonymous - Oct 31, 2023Translate
I,AGE 46 YEARS,HAS BEEN SLEEPING WITH HORROR NIGHTMATRES FOR LAST 24 YEARS.DURING MINE CHILDHOOD,I WAS SEXTUALLY MOLESTED AND BEATEN BY MY NEIGHBOURS WHICH RESULTED IN FEAR ATTITUDE OF MINE.I WAS VERY KEEN IN SPORTS AND PAINTING BUT I FORCEFULLY LEFT IT AS I WAS NOT MIXING WITH FRIENDS TO PLAY GAMES.I WAS VERY MUCH INTERESTED TO JOIN ARMY AS MY CARREER BUT I COULDN'T MAKE IT.AFTER THAT I JOIN MINE FAMILY BUSINESS BUT FROM THAT VERY PERIOD OF 1999,I AM IN ACUTE DEPRESSION.AFTER MARRIAGE THE SITUATION WORSEN FURTHUR SINCE MINE WIFE IS ALSO SUFFERING FROM SOME KIND OF DEPRESSION.I AM TRYING MYSELF TO GET OUT OF MINE HORROR DREAMS LIKE TAKING BATH BEFORE SLEEP,TULSI TEA ETC. BUT OF NO RESULT.HOW TO OVERCOME MINE HORROR DREAMS AND FEAR.ALSO I WANT TO KNOW,IS THERE ANY LIFE SKILL COURSE WHICH I CAN JOIN TO BOOST MY CONFIDENCE.I EXERCISE AND DO MEDITATION FOR LAST 3 YEARS BUT NO RESULT IS COMING.
I truly empathize with what you have been through and it's not easy to brush it away.
The best suggestion that I can give you is to seek the help of a professional right away.
Childhood traumas are known to cause a lot of emotional challenges in adulthood as well. Why struggle with it? It will affect every area of your life which is painful. It will also keep you stuck not allowing you to move ahead...
You must work on the unresolved emotion from the unpleasant incident and this will be possible by working with a professional. He/she will help you go back to where it all started and it maybe daunting at first, but the liberation that you will feel with deep-dive sessions is priceless.

So, now you know what you must do! Do not wait...

What are balanced advantage funds and would you recommend how I should go about investing in such funds?
Ans: Balanced Advantage Funds are a type of mutual fund that dynamically manages the allocation between equity and debt instruments based on market conditions. These funds aim to provide investors with a balance between growth (through equity exposure) and stability (through debt exposure). The allocation between equity and debt is adjusted by fund managers based on various factors such as market valuations, interest rates, and economic indicators.

Here's a breakdown of the key features and considerations for investing in Balanced Advantage Funds:

1. Dynamic Asset Allocation: These funds have the flexibility to shift allocation between equity and debt depending on market conditions. When equity markets are expensive or overvalued, the fund manager may reduce equity exposure and increase allocation to debt instruments, and vice versa.

2. Risk Management: Balanced Advantage Funds tend to offer lower volatility compared to pure equity funds due to their ability to switch between asset classes based on market conditions. This can potentially reduce downside risk during market downturns.

3. Goal-based Investing: They can be suitable for investors with medium to long-term investment horizons who seek a balance between capital appreciation and capital preservation. These funds are often used for goals like retirement planning or wealth creation with a moderate risk profile.

4. Professional Management: Investors benefit from the expertise of professional fund managers who actively manage the asset allocation and investment decisions based on thorough research and analysis.

5. Tax Implications: From a taxation perspective, gains from equity investments held for more than one year are taxed at a lower rate (long-term capital gains tax), whereas gains from debt investments held for more than three years are taxed as per the investor's income tax slab. Balanced Advantage Funds may offer tax efficiency due to their equity exposure.

6. Expense Ratio: Investors should consider the expense ratio of the fund, which represents the annual fees charged by the fund house for managing the fund. Lower expense ratios can enhance returns over the long term.

As for whether you should invest in Balanced Advantage Funds, it depends on your investment objectives, risk tolerance, and financial goals.

If you're seeking a balanced approach with the potential for higher returns than pure debt funds but with lower volatility compared to pure equity funds, then these funds could be suitable for you. However, it's essential to consult with a financial advisor who can assess your individual circumstances and recommend the most appropriate investment strategy.

If you decide to invest in Balanced Advantage Funds, you can do so through various platforms such as mutual fund distributors, online investment platforms, or directly through the fund house's website. Here's a general guide on how to invest:

1. Research: Understand the different Balanced Advantage Funds available in the market, their investment objectives, performance track record, and expense ratios.

2. Select a Fund: Choose a fund that aligns with your investment goals, risk tolerance, and time horizon.

3. KYC Compliance: Complete the Know Your Customer (KYC) process as required by regulatory guidelines. This typically involves providing identity and address proof documents.

4. Investment Process: Decide on the mode of investment, whether lump sum or systematic investment plan (SIP), based on your convenience and investment strategy.

5. Online Platform or Distributor: If investing through an online platform, create an account and follow the instructions to invest in your chosen Balanced Advantage Fund. If using a mutual fund distributor, approach them with your investment decision, and they will assist you with the investment process.

6. Monitor and Review: Keep track of your investments periodically and review your portfolio to ensure it remains aligned with your financial goals.

Remember that all investments carry some level of risk, including the potential loss of capital. Diversification and a long-term investment approach are generally recommended to mitigate risk and achieve your financial objectives.

Good Morning, We are married for almost 27 years and at various stages of my wife like, beginning days when Girls had dream of her happy married life beginning, honeymoon, pregnancy, fostering the child, mid-age crisis and now Menopause I have been very unfair & sometime very cruel to my wife. I am tryint to please her in my possible ways but whenever I am planning something exciting & pleasurable for her it turn out to be flop show & nightmare. I want her to be happy but don't know why it gets spoiled due to one or other reason. Despite of all this she is always giving me chance and prepare herself for new beginning. But now I fear & feel gradually I will become a big liability on her, health wise as I am diabetic and even after taking high dose of medicines it doesn't get controlled. I am worried that though the beginning was not good our end should be Peaceful & graceful. Need your guidance
No point revisiting what has already happened. It seems like your wife wants a new beginning; then why not actually plan on how you want your life together to be from now on? What are the things that you have missed out on earlier, bring it all back and slowly start experiencing what life could be living in that harmony...
As for diabetes, getting the right medicine and taking it in the right dosage is important to see a change. Also, exercise, attempt to keep stress levels low and eat right...these help in keeping your blood sugar levels low...
Don't talk about the END when there is a NEW beginning in sight...