Nitin Question by Nitin on Jun 13, 2024Hindi

Hi Anu, I'm worried about my son. He has pass his 8th std in 2023 and not goes to school for 23-24 session. Now he is not interested in studies. My wife is epilepsy patient and not intelligent enough to understand & handle the issue. Pls suggest.

Ans: Dear Nitin,
I don't find any details to work on and suggest much to you.
What makes your son not interested in studies? Why has he suddenly stopped going to school? Did anything unpleasant happen at school? Have you spoken to the school authorities? IS the environment at home not a happy one?
These questions need to be answered which become information to go towards any solution. Also, how is the connection between the mother and son (your wife and your son)?
For now, I guess you can take the help of an adolescent counselor who can help guide your son out of whatever he is going through. The expert will anyway ask these questions and then work from thereon...

Dr Nagarajan J S K

Dr Nagarajan J S K   |47 Answers  |Ask -

Health Science and Pharmaceutical Careers Expert - Answered on Jul 20, 2024

Dr Nagarajan J S K

What is better to choose between vet or bpharm (I am a gen category student).According to my research I came to know that in today's market the bpharm graduates are not even considered as reputated pharmacists,after the degree too they get placements of 12k-15k per month only and growth even after a master's is not much. Whereas in vet gov vacancies are open but will everyone get the gov jobs ? Also in coming years what are the demands of these both fields and what is better to choose
Ans: Hi,
It seems there may be some misunderstanding and disappointment regarding the analysis of job opportunities in the pharmaceutical field. It's important to note that the pharmaceutical sector still holds promising prospects. However, it is essential for candidates to acquire in-depth knowledge. Completing a B.Pharm alone does not guarantee comprehensive expertise. It's essential to delve beyond the basic surface-level knowledge obtained during undergraduate studies. I'm unaware of your state of residence and the college where you pursued your B.Pharm.

Key locations with a strong pharmaceutical industry presence include Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Ahmedabad. Chennai also has a few reputable pharmaceutical companies, albeit in limited numbers. It's crucial to consider your career choice rather than just a job. What is your preference: IT, Marketing/Sales, or Core Pharma? In IT, the remuneration is considerably higher in comparison to core pharmaceutical roles, but sustainability may be a concern. On the other hand, Sales/Marketing requires hard work but offers significantly better remuneration, e.g., INR 6-8L per annum. If the pharmaceutical industry is your preference, starting packages for fresh B. Pharm graduates typically range between INR 15,000 to 25,000.

Ultimately, the decision is yours to make. I wish you the best for your future endeavors.