Financial Planner - Answered on Sep 23, 2023

Colonel Sanjeev Govila (retd) is the founder of Hum Fauji Initiatives, a financial planning company dedicated to the armed forces personnel and their families.
Narayanan Question by Narayanan on Sep 12, 2023Hindi

Hi Sir, I worked a small level company between 01.02.2018 to 30.04.2021. They paid standard EPF contribution of Rs. 1800/- from my side they deducting the same of Rs. 1800/-. After I exit the company I applied the EPF Withdrawl (both contribution) on 06.05.2023 and it was rejected by the officer and the reason was mentioned "Claim Rejeced EQUAL SHARE 07/18". The Employer deposit the July 2018 share in wrongly i.e. The deposited Rs. 1800/- in Employee Share and Rs. 1800/- employer Share and Pension is " 0 ". instead of Rs.1800/- as employee, Rs. 550/- as Employer and Rs.1250/- as pension contribution. When I sent a 2 continues mail to EPF they taking my query as a grivience and sent a query to the employer. But Still they not close the issue. How to I approch them to clear my claim. Because there is no mistake from my side. Thanks in Advance. Narayanan

Ans: I understand that your EPF withdrawal claim has been rejected due to an error in your employer's contribution. This is frustrating, but it is important to remember that you are not alone. Many people experience problems with their EPF claims, especially when their employers make mistakes.

When filing a grievance, be sure to provide clear and concise information about the issue. You should also include any relevant documentation, such as your EPF statement and the revised Form 11 from your employer (if you have one).

Once you have filed a grievance, the EPFO will investigate the matter and try to resolve it. This process can take some time, but it is important to be patient.

Here are some additional tips:

• Keep track of all your communication with the EPFO. This includes emails, phone calls, and visits to the office.
• If you are not satisfied with the EPFO's response, you can escalate the issue to the regional or national level. You can also mail on employeefeedback @ epfindia.gov.in for the redressal of your grievance.
Asked on - Oct 27, 2023 | Answered on Oct 29, 2023
Thanks for the Answer. I received the PF amount in 2 part. after a several followups and email. Once again Thanks Narayanan
Ans: Thanks Mr Narayanan.

hi, i have worked 5 different companies starting from 01.02.1992 to 31.08.2012 and contributed to PF as per the policy. i have passbook of PF account but only amount of last company is reflecting in the passbook. I have withdrawn EPF balance but EPS part is still not withdrawn from any company. my last company has not updated the records from previous companies, . i am getting 58 years next on 29042024. i have account with EPFO and UAN. How can i get the amount accumulated or get the scheme certificate or start pension at reduced rates...i am working with a company but not registered with PF.
Ans: Given your situation, consolidating and tracking your EPF contributions and benefits can be a bit challenging but certainly manageable. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you navigate this:

Consolidation of UAN: If you have a UAN (Universal Account Number), ensure that all your previous PF accounts are linked to it. You can do this by logging into the EPFO portal and checking the 'Manage' tab under 'For Employees'. If your previous companies have not linked your UAN to their establishment IDs, you can request them to do so.
Transfer of EPF: Use the EPFO's online transfer portal to transfer the EPF accumulations from your previous accounts to your current PF account. This will consolidate all your PF accumulations into one account, making it easier to manage and track.
EPS (Employee Pension Scheme): Since you have not withdrawn the EPS contributions from any of your previous employers, you can apply for a scheme certificate through your current employer. A scheme certificate provides details of your service and contributions and can be used to avail pension benefits at the age of 58.
Pension at Reduced Rates: If you opt for pension before attaining the age of 58, it would be at a reduced rate. However, if you choose to defer it, your pension amount will increase. You can apply for a reduced pension through your current employer or directly with the EPFO after completing Form 10D.
Contact EPFO: If you face any issues or discrepancies in your PF accounts, reach out to the EPFO regional office or helpdesk. Provide them with the necessary details and documents, including your UAN, PF account numbers, and service details with each employer.
Consult a Financial Advisor: Given the complexities involved in EPF and EPS, consulting a financial advisor or a retirement planner can be beneficial. They can guide you through the process, help you understand the implications of withdrawing or transferring your EPF and EPS accumulations, and assist you in making informed decisions regarding your retirement benefits.
Remember, it's essential to keep track of your EPF and EPS contributions and benefits to ensure you maximize your retirement benefits and make informed decisions. Taking proactive steps now can help you secure a comfortable retirement.

I have Worked in a Company at MUMBAI from FEBRUARY 2004 up to FEBRUARY 2017.... The HEAD OFFICE of this Company is in DELHI and thus the EPFO ACCOUNT and It's RECORDS / HR Desk too are Maintained and Based at DELHI EPFO OFFICE. During this Service I was Even Posted in VADODARA for TWO YEARS. A New EPFO ACCOUNT NUMBER Was Created with GUJARAT PF OFFICE and PF DEDUCTIONS and EMPLOYER'S CONTRIBUTION were Duly Made in this PF Account. Upon My RETURN Back to MUMBAI the BALANCE of this GUJARAT PF ACCOUNT was Duly TRANSFERRED To the DELHI Office and the PF ACCOUNT AT DELHI H.O. SUBSEQUENTLY UPON BEING BY AN AUSTRALIAN BRAND THE COMPANY FROM APRIL 2008 ONWARDS IMPLEMENTED and MIGRATED ON TO THE EPFO's ONLINE MODULE i.e. *UAN* PORTAL AND THUS THE PREVIOUS PF DATA WAS TRANSFERRED AND UPLOADED UNDER THE UAN ACCOUNT No. In 2017 UPON MY EXIT THE PF BALANCE WAS TRANSFERRED TO THE PF ACCOUNT OF MY NEW EMPLOYER BEING MAINTAINED AT COIMBATORE. *UNFORTUNATELY THERE ARE NO DETAILS OR DATA OF MY PF ACCOUNT UPLOADED and THUS NOT SHOWING / REFLECTING ON THE EPFO UAN PORTAL FOR THE PERIOD FEBRUARY 2004 up to MARCH 2008..... SEVERAL ATTEMPTS TO SEEK THE ABOVE DETAILS FROM THE EPFO'S BANDRA OFFICE and EVEN THROUGH EMAIL ARE FUTILE and THUS DETAILS ARE NOT BEING PROVIDED...... DUE TO THIS I AM EVEN UNABLE TO UPLOAD MY ONLINE CLAIM / WITHDRAWAL REQUEST AND ENCASH MY PF AMOUNTS...... PLEASE URGENTLY GUIDE AND HELP
Ans: Here's how you can approach the situation of missing PF data for your period of employment between February 2004 and March 2008:

1. Contact Delhi EPFO:

Since your main PF account was maintained at the Delhi EPFO office, it's crucial to reach out to them again.
Try contacting the Delhi EPFO grievance redressal officer (https://epfigms.gov.in/grievance/grievancemaster) through email or phone. Clearly explain the issue with missing data and the attempts you've already made to get it resolved. Mention your UAN number and the period for which data is missing.
Be persistent and follow up on your communication.
2. Utilize Online Grievance Portal:

The EPFO website offers an online grievance redressal portal (https://epfigms.gov.in/grievance/grievancemaster).
Register a grievance there, outlining the details of the missing data and the unresponsive nature of the Bandra office.
3. Approach EPFO Helpline:

You can also try contacting the EPFO helpline at 1800-118-0055.
Explain your situation and seek guidance on how to get the missing data reflected in your UAN account.
4. Reach Out to Ex-Employer (if possible):

If you're still in touch with your former employer (the one before the Australian brand takeover), try contacting their HR department.
They might have copies of your PF records for the period in question, which could be helpful in getting the data updated in your UAN.
5. Utilize UAN Portal's "Contact Us" Option:

While the UAN portal might not directly resolve the issue, you can try using the "Contact Us" option and explain your situation.
They might be able to provide additional guidance or escalate your concern within the EPFO system.
Here are some additional tips:

Maintain a record of all your communication with the EPFO offices, including emails, phone call logs, and grievance reference numbers.
If you have any documents related to your PF account for the missing period, such as payslips showing PF deductions, keep them handy.
Consider getting help from a professional PF consultant if the issue persists. They can navigate the EPFO processes and handle communication on your behalf.
Remember, persistence is key. By following these steps and keeping track of your communication, you should be able to get your missing PF data reflected in your UAN and access your PF funds.